excited vipers owners who are in D status (or beyond)

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought I would start this thread so that all owners of vipers that have yet to be delivered can discuss their favorite new car. it is a pretty anxious time, waiting, wondering, hoping. so, if you have yet to have your car delivered and the anxiety is getting to you, then vent. let it all hang out.
i will start. im getting a violet viper convertible with aero group, H spokes, graphite bezel. no stripes because that would add more wait time. i hope that they will make it this model year, and they should, since i have a VIN already, and i have wanted one since i first saw the option in september. my car went into D status a few weeks ago, and now the waiting game has started.
anyone is invited to post, but please do not rip too ******* us, as we are just excited to be getting a new viper. so, no haters....:):drive::D

ps...use this post to keep everyone informed of your cars status as it goes down the line...until delivery day. in this way we can all share your excitement and live vicariously through you as you get your car.:D

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
what options and how long has it been in this status? if we get enough responses, perhaps we can maybe figure out some of the issue with why some cars are taking longer than others.

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I havent ordered mine yet but I am still waiting on it!!!!!Come on 2009 model.Sapphire Blue/ silver striped.

black08

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My solid black ACR with red/black interior just went to D status four days ago. I ordered a black coupe in September and then changed to the ACR in December. I am hoping to get the car before July because I live in the Toronto, Canada area and will only be able to drive the car from May to October each year.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
D1 status first week of febuary
Once it leaves D1 status it reaches I status in a few days.
I status since 3/13,,,, I status is the most frustrating because the car is built and just sitting there,no other options are needed so it just sits there

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
D1 status first week of febuary
Once it leaves D1 status it reaches I status in a few days.
I status since 3/13,,,, I status is the most frustrating because the car is built and just sitting there,no other options are needed so it just sits there

is it possible to just go to the plant and pick it up? or is it just the waiting game?:dunno:

OP
OP
M

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
we are going to try to go to CAAP by the end of april.....hopefully we will get to see some ACR's and some other colors(purple, maybe). we will post pics.

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My SSG coupe is currently in "I" status as well. I have arranged factory pickup through Bill P.

You are going to LOVE that color! Definitely a head turner. I was sitting at a light today and the guy in front of me leans half-way out the drivers window of his mini-van and yells "I love your car!" I'm still not sure if he was on his knees in the drivers seat to accomplish this but it was funny!

OP
OP
M

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
journal entry.
day 21 and i am still in D status. im not sure how much longer i can make it, but it seems that if i give up now everything will have been in vain. so.......i wait a little longer.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Music the only way u r going to get thru this is to come to grips with u're fate......You will probably not get u're car until JUNE,,, maybe late May if u're fortunate...

Here is something that might cheer u up a little bit....I have a friend who is 72... he waited 8 months for his f430.. he even made a trip to the factory in italy..... i ordered my car back in august so i'll probably have about a 8 month wait...Friends used to ask me if i was tired on waiting on my viper and i would say .... u know if i was 72 years old it would be a long time because i could die at any moment even when i get the car... here is a pic of my son with the F430....

For me the only frustrating stage is being stuck in I status for so long

618.JPG

621.JPG

MKTAXMAN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mine is a red convertable. with white stripes, H wheels, Nav, Two tone interior, and light arc bezel.It has been in "I" status for a week and a half !!!

pcc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In D status for couple of weeks waiting on red vert, white stripes, aero group, stock wheels, two tone int., nav, Woodhouse mods to be determined.

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Status "I", for a month now. About at a year wait for the car, ordered hour 1, day 1. Details in sig, but got the dash inserts, only think I can think of holding this !#$%^!# thing up. I'm so darn frustrated.

I have the SSR wheels and the Belanger complete exhaust taking up space waiting for this d*mn thing!!!

Luna C

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had my Venom Red Vert in I status for 31 days. Called Chrysler customer care and they started a file, that was on a Friday. The following Monday it moved to KZ and I got the car that Thursday (1 week ago). Maybe a phone call would help ;)

OP
OP
M

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Music the only way u r going to get thru this is to come to grips with u're fate......You will probably not get u're car until JUNE,,, maybe late May if u're fortunate...

Here is something that might cheer u up a little bit....I have a friend who is 72... he waited 8 months for his f430.. he even made a trip to the factory in italy..... i ordered my car back in august so i'll probably have about a 8 month wait...Friends used to ask me if i was tired on waiting on my viper and i would say .... u know if i was 72 years old it would be a long time because i could die at any moment even when i get the car... here is a pic of my son with the F430....

For me the only frustrating stage is being stuck in I status for so long

ha ha ...i have already resigned myself to the fact that it will probably be June before i get my car....especially since it is purple and with the aero group. when i see teh black vert with graphite stripes it is really hard for me to not just pull the trigger for that, but i have always heard that good things come to those who wait......but i can still get frustrated cant i? lol.:D i have wanted a purple since we first saw that it was an option back in september. oh well.:)

OP
OP
M

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Status "I", for a month now. About at a year wait for the car, ordered hour 1, day 1. Details in sig, but got the dash inserts, only think I can think of holding this !#$%^!# thing up. I'm so darn frustrated.

I have the SSR wheels and the Belanger complete exhaust taking up space waiting for this d*mn thing!!!

wow, some real frustration there. hopefully any day now they will deliver to you. must be one of the last ones to go......did you see the pics posted a coupe of weeks ago? your SSG viper could have been seen at CAAP.:)

OP
OP
M

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In D status for couple of weeks waiting on red vert, white stripes, aero group, stock wheels, two tone int., nav, Woodhouse mods to be determined.

it seems as though the aero group will be the hold up for your car, probably. im no expert at all, just guessing, but it should be really nice....please post pics when you get it.:)