Exotic Car Show 9/29-9/30 2007

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tim Wollesen the SW Zone Director from the KC-VCA is putting together a weekend event for September 29-30th for the VCA members here in the Midwest at Premier Sports Cars in Springfield. Without a VOI or Regional Rendezvous this year, I feel this will be one of the bigger opportunities to get all of us Viper friends together to have fun! Below is the schedule of events planned so far and changes and the final schedule will be emailed as we get closer.

I need to get the names of our members who plan to attend from our club so I can fwd the info to Tim. He needs to make several different arrangements (hotel rooms, parking, show reservations, etc.) that are all impacted by the number of attendees. Once that happens, he will email you all with the contact name and rate at the hotel to book your own reservations. Please email your initial response to me by next Friday, August 10th so I can give an approx. number to him. They will always take all additions up to the event date, it will just be at first come to room availability. There will be prizes and awards to the region that brings the most members!! We have our work cut out as the KC Club already has (2) Lamborghini (Diablo and Gallardo); (2) Lotus; and (16) Vipers (including the Diamondback Viper recently won by Tim and Dawn Wollesen) heading down.

Premier Sports Cars of Springfield, Mo. ( www.premiersportscars.com ) has generously invited us to be their guest and they will be our host for the event. For those who are not familiar with Premier, they are an exotic car dealer who have sold many Vipers to our members and have been a great vendor to all off us, often donating merchandise to our clubs events.

Here is the tentative schedule of events! A big thank you to Tim Wollesen for helping put this together!

* Saturday Sept. 29Th. arrive at Premier mid. to late morning.
* Tour of the facility and see their inventory of Exotic Cars.
* Dawn and I are planning on bringing the ASC Diamondback Viper to have on display for all of you to get an up close look!
* Premiere will have a BBQ for us at their location.
* Leave around 2:00 for a nice 40 - 60 mile cruise through some Ozark Scenic Country
( Route being layed out by Premiere )
*Arrive at University Plaza Hotel in down town Springfield to rest and get ready for dinner !
( we believe the room rate will be $96 a night which normally is $120. )
* We are planning on having covered parking with security by the cars across the street from the hotel. I am told the parking is $4 a day in and out all day. Well worth being covered!
* Saturday evening Premier is working on a nice restaurant for us to drive to with good parking available. Enjoy the evening with Fellow Viper Friends!
* Sunday morning we are planning on going to the Bass Pro Shop for brunch at Hemingway's restaurant. We are still working out the details and are trying to get tours of the museum. ( Sunday is subject to change )
* Depart Sunday afternoon for home.

Thank you and I look forward to seeing all of you at this event!! We will also set a meeting place here in St. Louis to head down on the morning of the 29th.

OP
OP
R

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have 7 Vipers headed down so far and still room for more. Please contact me for more details if you're interested.

OP
OP
R

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We ended up with over 30 Vipers in attendance from 3 regions (STL, KC, and Mid-South). The weather was fantastic and Premier was a perfect host. The lunch was delicious and the cruise they planned for us was very scenic. Here are some pics from todays event:

Mark and Iryna
You must be registered for see images

Mike P. in action... driving like a wild man! <grin>

Justin and Kurt checking out Mike L.'s raffle car- note the snakeskin stripes

Tim and Dawn's raffle car, the Diamondback ASC

outside at the carshow in front of Premier