Fair Price for quality 94/95

SnakeBolt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i am about to be looking for my first viper and need to go gen 1, and was just wondering what a fair price for a 94/5 black one in awesome condition would be. also, i noticed that all the book values seem to be low and was wondering if it is hard for a bank to finance the amount of money that vipers sell for. will they go above book for a viper? just wondering

Bill

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
First thing, toss the KBB. Its a wonderful guide for gauging the value of an ******, but with sports cars they ALWAYS lowball the price. Second you've come to the right place for a second opinion.

For a A to A+ 95 you'd be looking at a solid $40k-$42k with gems slipping as low as $37k. Of course, for a mint condition you'd pay a few bucks more.

SPARKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I BOUGHT A 94RT10 FOR ABOUT 38,0000 A YEAR AGO. IT HAD 32000 MILES ON IT AND I GOT ONE WITH AC. I PAID A LITTLE MORE BECAUSE I HAD TO BUY FROM A DEALER. I SAY I HAD TO BUY FROM A DEALER BECAUSE ITS A HELL OF ALOT EASIER TO GET FINANCING AT A BETTER RATE AND THESE GUYS THAT DEAL WITH EXOTICS KNOW ALL THE RIGHT BANKERS TO DEAL WITH. THEY ALSO CAN GET FINANCING FOR MORE THAN 5 YEARS. I DID MINE FOR 7 YEARS. I KNOW YOUR THINKING 7 YEARS!! BUT IVE NEVER OWNED A CAR FOR MORE THAN 3 YEARS. A VIPER DOESNT GO DOWN IN VALUE LIKE OTHER CARS SO YOU WONT GET HURT LIKE YOU WOULD WITH OTHER VEHICLES. I WILL PROBABLY DRIVE IT NEXT SUMMER THEN SELL IT. THERE IS ONLY A HANDFULL OF CARS MADE IN 1994 THAT YOU CAN GET 35K TO 40K FOR. FERRARI, LAMBORGHINI, PORSCHE. LOOK DUDE SOME OF THESE GUYS ON THIS WEBSITE ARE ANAL ABOUT THERE CARS. THEY DRIVE ALL OVER THE COUNTRY TO LOOK AT THEM AND BUY THEM. I SEE THERE POST ABOUT EVERY LITTLE KNIT PICKING THING ON A CAR. GET WHAT YOU LIKE NO MATTER WHAT. YOUR THE ONE PAYING FOR
IT AND DRIVING IT. YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE DUDE SO BUY ONE DONT BE ON YOUR COUCH IN 10 YEARS AND SAY **** I SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT THAT CAR!!

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I would say about the same. 95s will always bring more (for obvious reasons) but you can rest assured that if you find a car under $39k right now it probably has issues. With the SRT coming soon I believe (and many disagree with me) that there will be a sudden, although short-lived, drop in prices as the fame junkies trade up. You can already see the pattern with the recent traffic on Ebay and several clean cars under $35k on Autotrader. The 92-95 cars all suffer a huge problem; most banks will not finance any car that's 7+ years old (exception rule). Since many people don't have $40k in savings laying around the demand will dry up and the price will drop.

If you're interested in a good car at a good price Woodhouse has a black RT (though Bill stubbornly refuses to answer my emails about the price) and there's always the classifieds here on the VCA.

SPARKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I HAVE TO DISAGREE WITH BONKERS. THE GUY DRIVING A GEN1 VIPER MOST LIKELY IS NOT GOING TO UP AND BUY AN 80,0000 DOLLAR VEHICLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW CAN YOU DRIVE DOWN THE PRICE OF A CAR, WHEN YOU TAKE THE AVERAGE OF 60 TO EVER STATE!! I DOESNT MAKE SINCE!!! THERE WAS AROUND 3000 94S EVER MADE! EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my first Viper two weeks ago. It's a 1995, last 300 side exhaust edition, red (the only color I would have), and a low 800 miles. Top and curtains have never been on it and all documentation, wrappers, stickers are in ziplock bags. The collector thought it would be worth a ton of money due to the 300 side exhaust stamping but he realized he would die before it appreciated over the 60K sticker. It looks like I just picked it up from the dealer.

I paid upper 40's but got a car that I'm confident in. I can have repairs just like anyone but I think I did the right thing by paying 4 or 5K more now and maybe avoiding some. It was also exactly what I wanted and I fell in love with it.

By the way, I have driven it every day where rain wasn't a risk. It now has 1300 miles. I haven't slept most nights and go look in the garage a few times a night even though it is under a cover.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill if you are serious about buying soon. I know of a '94 Red, a GREAT car for a great price! Let me know if you're interested.