Fastest Viper in the World SVS Stryker

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you think they would come on the board and make up something like that? Have you ever know SVS to make statements like this that werent true?

Some people just like to be spoil-sports. SVS came on here and made an annoucement about a great run they had on the flats. Cant you just accept it and congradulate them on their hard work?

If you want "proof", just ask nicely - I am sure they would be happy to provide it. But to do it in a way that makes it sound as if you dont believe what they said in the first place is just plain rude. (I am referring to this last post, specifically - I already explained what I thought John was tring to accomplish.)

Toronto_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sorry if it sounded like I was not giving proper respect to SVSi. I condone all that they have accomplished. To make a 1000hp on their tein turbo is awesome. But when someone states something it has to be accurate. I hope they did do that run because like I said earlier as long as it's a Viper kicking Butt I don't care who it is. But you have to backup your claims. I am sorry but no one can congratulate anyone until it is confirmed that it was done. What if I saod that I just ran 210 miles per hour last night on the freeway. Would you believe me.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by xtrmbikini:
Do you think they would come on the board and make up something like that? Have you ever know SVS to make statements like this that werent true?

Some people just like to be spoil-sports. SVS came on here and made an annoucement about a great run they had on the flats. Cant you just accept it and congradulate them on their hard work?

If you want "proof", just ask nicely - I am sure they would be happy to provide it. But to do it in a way that makes it sound as if you dont believe what they said in the first place is just plain rude. (I am referring to this last post, specifically - I already explained what I thought John was tring to accomplish.)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a business "SVSi"should have posted some stats,viper owners always want to know.Here's what John H.and other tuners have pi$$ing right to,SVSi says, They are the most knowledgable and best turbo tuners in the business.Quality tuners don't BRAG(at least publicly).I have not seen SVSi,Ron Sr.Jr.at our local VCA meetings (this year) representing the "Streeker".That's your job Doods,support the meetings,show off the "daily driver".

OP
OP
S

Svsi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This are the slips from the last run we made. We made a total of seven runs over the week. The Terminal speed is the last 130' of the long course timing mile. It doesnt count for qualifying or records but is your personal fastest time. We know from radar we went faster than 246.742mph after the 5 mile mark before I opened the chutes. I didn't want to bring it up because there's no proof.

We felt very confident we could break the old record but 5 runs before I made this run, our competition ran a 267mph. I didn't know this because I was Zenning out. Friday morning he made his second run and acheived the record at 264mph. Bonners Bad Berkley. We felt good where we ended up and left on Thursday. Friday morning was only for record runs and then the event was closed.

Sorry it took so long to get these posted, but there you go.
A lot more cool pictures, stories and press to come.

jR.

You must be registered for see images

silverviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SVSi,

Excellent! My sincere congratulations on an amazing performance!

And thank you for showing the evidence to the sceptics of the Viper world.

Best Regards,
N

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BAWAHHHAHAHAHHAH!!!!!!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Hennessey / HMS:
Nice, picture, yes there are several pictures of the Stryker on the salt. No doubt it was there during Speedweek. Since Ron or nobody else has shown their timeslips, I asked a racer who was at Speedweek to send me a spreadsheet of every single run made that week. If he is able to send it to me, I'll gladly share the results. If it says 247 on there, I'll gladly and openly apologize to the Ron's. Like I said, I admire anyone who goes to the salt and lays down the smack.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great job SVSi! That is a hell of a fast time. I'd be interested in how many of these cars you have sold to the public? I've never heard of someone who owns one. Is this a pet project for you guys, or are people buying? Have you run the car at the drag strip? Yeah, I know it's not the venue it was designed for, but that's where my interests lie.

Michael P - (re: your 2nd post) you have a great talent for stating the blatantly obvious ;)

I'd LOVE to see a MT, C&D or R&T writeup on this car. One where they actually test it... you know, in 1/4 mile, slalom, 0-60, etc. I'd be REAL curious how it drives. My friend has a TT Z06 that idles and drives better than stock, but is deadly fast when you get on it. This TT Viper sounds nice, but I'd love a 3rd party, unbiased opinion on how it drives, idles, runs in traffic, etc. If it does all that well, SVSi has outdone themselves!

Biff Brown

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Way to go "Uncle Ron"!!!... You too JR!! I know that there is also a lovely lady behind both of these guys who also deserves alot of credit as well..... That "Stryker" car has been a passion of Uncle Ron's ever since I've met him. Considering the fact that EVERYONE wanted him to stay away from a "Turbo", this accomplishment actually speaks for the "Man Himself"...Congrats!!
I'm sure we'll hear more from SVSI and I'm looking forward to it!!

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
now hold it that pic with the svsi on motor trend was johns cover not yours!!!And how do we no that was not done on the computer a svsi made it up themself!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by viper GTS-R:
now hold it that pic with the svsi on motor trend was johns cover not yours!!!And how do we no that was not done on the computer a svsi made it up themself!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ummm, that was indeed a "fake" cover which he said when he posted it. And it wasn't SVSi that did the fake, it was just a gentleman who was "predicting" a future cover of Motor Trend and what it would look like. FYI...

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
&gt; now hold it that pic with the svsi on motor trend was johns cover not yours!!!And how do we no that was not done on the computer a svsi made it up themself!

Look, kid, if you are going to post on this forum then at least take the time to read the posts before you open your "mouth". And spend more time paying attention in English class.

Toronto_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would you guys at SVSi be able to post your dyno numbers for your car. You said it made 1300HP. Can you post the sheet with the dyno numbers. It would also be very informative if you guys could explain a little about your car. It might be on a magazine somewhere eventually so why not start it here.

thanks

Toronto_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well SVSi

If that timeslip was your car then everyone here owes you a big congratulation. That was incredible. That kind of speed is awesome for a car with such a big huge front end. Now can you tell us somedetails on the car. *** do you make that kind of horsepower. Did you have to make many aerodynamic changes

Congratulations

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I chatted with Ron not to long after the Dyno run was done earlier this year (he was pretty excited, and would not tell me teh actuial Dyno number, just that they were "Real Big"). One thing about the dyno run that may confuse some (mostly because it will look different than those seen before) is it was not done on a chassis Dyno. SVSi opted to do the final tuning of the engine prior to the Salt Flat runs on an engine dyno. If you look on their site you will see several pictures of past engine dyno work.

Engine on the Dyno

An engine Dyno removes much testing variability seen on chassis Dynos and most (if not all) are in temperature controlled rooms. Neat Stuff.

Many of you will recall that SVSi had hoped to run the Salt Flats last year, but were not able to make it. The preparation to do this sort of very dangerous high speed run is itself an impressive feat. Special Congrats to Ron and his team.

Tony Estes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations Ron and Ron. You have certainly raised the bar once again.It's amazing how much faster the car is when Ron Sr. is on the sidelines and Ron Jr.is the pilot.Ha Ha!!

Toronto_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a good question in regards to the sledgehammer producing with 800+ horsepower a 254mph run. The viper is not that bad with aerodynamics that an extra 500hp would not let it go well past the sledgehammer

thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mo:
Just a question, but why is it a unofficial timiing slip and the terminal speed is not for record?

and btw, itresting how the sledgehammer vette (curse the name) got the 254 with only 800hp.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Lack of traction comes up a lot on this type of venue. For example: the spedo shows 200 but gps shows lots less due to the rear wheels spinning.

??? Where was the car in the powerband (rpm) and how much faster might it go on a hard surface with traction?

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't ask Ron SR to show you the Dyno day. I made that mistake, and sat in his office for a 1/2 hour watching an engine all wired up, with someone pushing the throttle, and it never seemed to change. I sat there asking my self, "what the hell is Ron smiling about?" Maybe a gear head type would enjoy, but I never got what I was looking at? But at least Ron was smiling!

Toronto_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I congratulate the great run and the power that the beast is making. I am pretty sure that to make 1300hp it is not on pump gas and would not be considered street legal. But the salt flats are not meant for street legal cars. At least the category he was in was not the street legal category. I also condone Hennesey for congratulating SVSi on the run. We are all Viper guys.

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can run non-pump gas and still be street legal. That's an amazing car!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Toronto_ACR:
I congratulate the great run and the power that the beast is making. I am pretty sure that to make 1300hp it is not on pump gas and would not be considered street legal. But the salt flats are not meant for street legal cars. At least the category he was in was not the street legal category. I also condone Hennesey for congratulating SVSi on the run. We are all Viper guys.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OP
OP
S

Svsi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
jR here,

Happy to finally know how to put pix up with posts thanks to Chris Y2K GTS. Big goodie bag being sent right now!

To: SUPRA
Thanks for the comment. Dont know if you have heard of the JUN built supra but he was at the Salt Flats. They had the nicest pit out of anyone. Full rig, canopy (w/ BF GOODRICH on it) and quite a crew. Toyota Sponsorship WOW! I think he bested a 188mph record to 239mph. It wasnt their first time there. Tried to ask if we could use their welder but they had popped one of their engines and didnt want to be bothered.

To: MO

Never heard of this sledgehammer? were did it run? when? any proof?

Svsi jR

Trbulnc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where I am from, street legal means lights, turn signals, mufflers, and dot tires. There are many street legal "door-slammers" well over that horsepower range that are weekend drivers.

SVSi, congrats! All the hard work and hours paid off!

stephen

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Matt:
jR,
http://www.callawaycars.com/Corvette/Sledgehammer/sledgehammer_article.htm
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay, 254 mph as tested by Callaway. Argument could be made that it was not an impartial run or documented accordingly. In reading the article from the German magazine, they quoted this car as being $400,000 (US) - and this was 1989! While you could pat the Vette on the back for doing this with 900 hp vs. SVSi's reported 1300, I suspect that there is less than $562,000 in the Viper (adjusted for inflation to year 2000 using Consumer Price Index). Amusing that the Viper costs less to produce more horsepower.

Great competition!

Chris

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve Ferguson:
Don't ask Ron SR to show you the Dyno day. I made that mistake, and sat in his office for a 1/2 hour watching an engine all wired up, with someone pushing the throttle, and it never seemed to change. I sat there asking my self, "what the hell is Ron smiling about?" Maybe a gear head type would enjoy, but I never got what I was looking at? But at least Ron was smiling!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Steve, we are still working on you, but there is hope
smile.gif

I recently rented two great "Car Guy" movies, "LeMans" and "Bullitt", both starring Steve McQueen.... my wife kept walking through the living room asking: "Why do you have a big Grin on your face" and "How can you stand that?"... all she saw was cars zooming by on the screen, and heard the sound of engines SCREAMING. Life does not get much better ;)

I remember one night at an SDAC meet (night before you and the Illinois Vipers arrived) we were all sitting around the TV, watching a bootlegged video of a Lamborghini F-1 engine on the dyno howling at 10,000 RPM, then 11,000 RPM, then 12,000 RPM..... pure music, we were all standing on our chairs clapping and hollering "go for 13,000!!"

At least Ron Sr. was not standing on his chair like we would have been. Now THAT would make a funny picture (LOL)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadlick32