Ferrari Boss Left “Speechless” After Seeing The New SRT Viper

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if this is a repost...

see article here
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1075884_ferrari-boss-left-speechless-after-seeing-2013-srt-viper

Ferrari Boss Left “Speechless” After Seeing The New SRT Viper
Luca Cordero di Montezemolo, the current chairman of Ferrari and one of the key men responsible for turning the Italian sports car manufacturer into a global automotive powerhouse, was left “speechless” upon seeing the 2013 SRT Viper for the first time.
That little snippet of information was revealed by none other than Fiat-Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne during an interview on the Paul W. Smith radio show.

“I had the chairman of Ferrari down here for the board meeting last week and he had a chance to look at the car, and he was speechless,” Marchionne said. “I mean for Ferrari to admit that the car is a unique vehicle is a hell of a compliment to the work that’s gone on here.”

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this part is even better:

"[Marchionne] said that production of the new 2013 SRT Viper had just commenced at the Conner Avenue Assembly Plant and that so far things were doing well."

Good sign that even though the 2013 production and deliveries were messed up that the upper management still has confidence in the Viper.

Edit: so much for that, after seeing the date of the original article.

Last edited:

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, that's a repost from about a year ago. But never hurts to post in case. Thnx.

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, Luca was left speechless when he was told that a car of this performance potential could not be modified due to a locked computer. Apparently his prayers to Saint Schumacher (the patron saint of Ferrari high performance) have paid off :rolleyes:

Cheers,
George

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lots of car for the $$. I've seen way more new Ferrari's both 458 Coupes AND 458 Spiders than I have Gen V's.

The new snake looks very exotic and is way more exclusive, esp for year 2013.

PeerBlock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen two red ferarris on the road (on separate occasions) while in my viper so far, even saw a ZR1 vette but have yet to see another viper of current or any generation. The last time I saw a viper on the road must have been over 10 years ago and it was a dealer's demo ride.

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen two red ferarris on the road (on separate occasions) while in my viper so far, even saw a ZR1 vette but have yet to see another viper of current or any generation. The last time I saw a viper on the road must have been over 10 years ago and it was a dealer's demo ride.

PeerBlock, your car is so special...... just like you. Can I be your friend ? You seem like a nice guy...

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this part is even better:

"[Marchionne] said that production of the new 2013 SRT Viper had just commenced at the Conner Avenue Assembly Plant and that so far things were doing well."

Good sign that even though the 2013 production and deliveries were messed up that the upper management still has confidence in the Viper.

Edit: so much for that, after seeing the date of the original article.
lol on the edit