Ferrari Track Day Pocono

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once again, our Friends over at the FCA have invited us to there track day at Pocono. This is a great time, especially when you blow by a Ferrari:drive: :D

Here is the info on the Ferrari Pocono track day.

Oct. 2. - Season Finale at Pocono Raceway.
1 day track event sponsored by Classic Coach. The Pocono Manor will be the host hotel. Call 800-233-8150 to reserve your room. Convertibles must have roll over protection (360 & 430 Spiders are acceptable - pop up roll bars are not). For info contact Bob Coates by email at [email protected] or by phone at 718-981-8764 evenings. Click on Application for more details (Application) and Tech Form for the 2007 Technical Inspection Form (Tech Form).

Copperhead245

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone going?

I'm signed up - I just contacted Bob Coates and its not too late. In fact he was nice enough to mention that Vipers are welcome at all Empire State Region FCA events.

As long as he gets a check before Tuesday, its $325. $400 if paying at the track.

Forecast is partly cloudy, 70 degrees!

Ron

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My motor has cremlings in it. :brick:
It'll go to Don's shop to see if he can get it properly tuned.
Unfortunately it looks like I'll have to pass. crap...

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cant believe I had to miss this... Weather was great. I hope someone can post pics.

Copperhead245

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weather was perfect. Just me and Steve represented the VCA, but I also knew a few guys from the Ferrari Club and Bill with his Titanium Ford GT.

Just as I had hoped, the crowd was light, I pitted in only once to get away from a cluster - otherwise I was pushing hard (for me anyway) or hanging back - whatever I felt like.

A few pictures at: Pocono 10/02/07 (click the picture then click your browser "back" button)...

I saw the F-40 blow by the tunnel turn in front of me (through the cones), and one of the yellow Lambos spun out in the in-field (gotta love the folks that don't understand the limit of their cars)....

Supposedly, the PDA is hosting an event at Pocono 10/22 - from what I can tell, there'll be lots and lots of cars (and who knows what the hell their experience is), but I'm gonna check it out...

Ron

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron sounds like you had a great time. Keep me in the loop with the Oct 22 run. If you go, I would be interested as well. I am still pissed i missed out today especially with so few cars running. How did the F40 run?

Copperhead245

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bobby - no problem, just wish the VCA could have more events there!!!

Tom,

Check out http://www.pdadrivingschool.com/ and choose "Schedule & Register" at the top. I've never done a PDA event - its open to anyone who can pass tech inspection. My concern would be too many cars, but I was talking with Bill (Ford GT) and he said when he went it wasn't to crowded.

Not sure if I'm going yet...

Ron

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks Ron. The link says there are two scheduled, 1 this tuesday which is out for me and another on the 22nd which I may try to attend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadlick32