Financing

HotWheelz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm getting married in January and my fiancé has agreed to let me buy a Viper. Any advice for a first time buyer would be more than appreciated as I have never driven one before.

My main question pertains to financing. I'm 25 and not rich, but my fiancé and I do well enough. I know that with new cars you get better financing, but the car cost more. With an older car you pay less, but the financing is not as good. I'm wondering if there is anyone out there that specializes in financing for Gen I/II? Or is it more cost effective to buy new? Also, along the same lines is insurance cheaper for a new Viper or an older model?

Thanks in advance your comments will help point me in the right direction.

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
First, buy the "Viper Buyer's Guide" by Liang. You can purchase off of Amazon.

You can get good rates on used cars if you are member of a credit union. I bought my used 02 and got the same rate as a new one. Only potential issue with used is a warranty.

Insurance for me was cheap, (cheaper than my 98 Cobra) but I think it may depend on your insurance company as well as record, etc. I have house, multiple cars, etc. Easiest thing to do is call your insurance agent and to quote a new one and a older model.

Don't take this wrong and I am assuming you do not already live as a married couple. Get married, get settled, then buy the Viper. If you don't own a home, the car payment for the Viper will work against your ratios. In the mean time study up on what car you want, style, color, year, etc.

If you are already established in terms of living together, then just study up. Go to some Viper club events and look the cars over. Get a Viper member to go with you and look at a specific car. There are some excellent examples of well taken care of Vipers and there is pure trash out there.

Wait a minute, on second thought, get the car before marriage, cause afterwards she may change her mind!!!! Hell, what is wrong with me. Viper comes first then everything else. I almost led you astray. :shocked:

Good luck with the wedding and good luck in finding that Viper.

Oh, one last thing to remember. Yellow Vipers are the best looking and fastest. Don't let anyone, ANYONE tell you otherwise. They are just jealous of this well established fact. :2tu:

98MODMTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm getting married in January and my fiancé has agreed to let me buy a Viper.

Here's your sign! Take the hint man, take the hint. Of course, if your marrying into money, then get the viper and keep the chic.

OP
OP
H

HotWheelz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. The Viper Buyer's Guide is on order. I saw it on Amazon a couple of days ago and knew that it was for me.

We just bought a house and are closing on Dec. 15th. I am in no rush to buy a Viper, but in order to achieve in success in life you have to plan for it, it doesn't just happen. My goal is to buy one with in a year. This will allow time for me to get acclimated to married life (we are not living together), get finances in order, and know exactly what I want before I buy.

Thanks again.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. The Viper Buyer's Guide is on order. I saw it on Amazon a couple of days ago and knew that it was for me.

We just bought a house and are closing on Dec. 15th. I am in no rush to buy a Viper, but in order to achieve in success in life you have to plan for it, it doesn't just happen. My goal is to buy one with in a year. This will allow time for me to get acclimated to married life (we are not living together), get finances in order, and know exactly what I want before I buy.

Thanks again.

I had planned for my snake too, and waited until everything lined up just right. Credit union is definately the way to go. Looks like you're doing all the right things, and I HATE you for doing it 5 years younger than when I got mine. ;)

Welcome to the party, pal! :2tu:

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Look into leasing. My next one will be leased. I bought the one I have now and I ended up with a garage queen. I’m afraid to put miles and wear and tear on it because of resale value. If I had a leased one, I’d be driving it everyday with no concerns about resale. Even used ones can be leased.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look into leasing. My next one will be leased. I bought the one I have now and I ended up with a garage queen. I’m afraid to put miles and wear and tear on it because of resale value. If I had a leased one, I’d be driving it everyday with no concerns about resale. Even used ones can be leased.

But then it would be harder to mod. If you want to drive all the time, buy a used Viper. Lease if you want something new every couple years.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62