Fine... I'll get things started.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi to all in Norcal! Let's have some presence here! Seems like all of the other regions have all of the fun. I read about the snooty winery events we do, but what about the fun stuff? Other than Fred's driving school yearly, where are the track, drag and autocross events?

And how about one meeting a quarter outside San Jose? Norcal is a HUGE piece of land, and you all know how bad the traffic in the bay area gets. :cuss:

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whats up fang. saw the red/white snake over at valaya... mine is there too. cant wait to get it back!! :D

im down for a **** load of driving.. havent had the car for 6 months. Will need to break in a fresh motor rebuild.

monthly informal meetings would be cool in the north bay.

Me & anton28 & a couple other viper owners meet at the Pleasant Hill (informal) car show Friday (5PM-dark) during the summer. its in the parking lot of sun valley mall (south west corner) near Baja Fresh. Free XL soda keeps me coming back. :D

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whats up fang. saw the red/white snake over at valaya... mine is there too. cant wait to get it back!! :D

im down for a **** load of driving.. havent had the car for 6 months. Will need to break in a fresh motor rebuild.

monthly informal meetings would be cool in the north bay.

Me & anton28 & a couple other viper owners meet at the Pleasant Hill (informal) car show Friday (5PM-dark) during the summer. its in the parking lot of sun valley mall (south west corner) near Baja Fresh. Free XL soda keeps me coming back. :D
My snake is there for almost that long... for a lot less work! :shocked:

Talked to anton about meeting at Pleasant Hill one of these Fridays... dying to get a ride in his Murci. :D

DVS_V10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would love to go to some driving events. but untill then I will just keep driving the santa cruzz hills.:)

Reaction score
Hi to all in Norcal! Let's have some presence here! Seems like all of the other regions have all of the fun. I read about the snooty winery events we do, but what about the fun stuff? Other than Fred's driving school yearly, where are the track, drag and autocross events?

And how about one meeting a quarter outside San Jose? Norcal is a HUGE piece of land, and you all know how bad the traffic in the bay area gets. :cuss:
Hi Fang!

Your suggestion is great and has been discussed many times.

Our 2007 March's meeting had 64 adults and two under 10. Finding a meeting place with space, reserved parking, suitable meeting room, reasonable cost and good food is a challenge.

Our monthly meeting started at the Dinner in Los Gatos with 4 to 8 attending the meetings. As we grew we had to find bigger and a more suitable.

A few years ago we moved to our 4th location and present meeting place, Maggianos in Santana Row. To get a reasonable deal we made a committment to Maggianos for the monthly meetings.

It takes more planning than most realize to manage a dinner meeting of 40-70.

Track Events:

Would love to have more! Any volunteers to do an event? We have completed 5 track day so far this year. Four were Viper Days and one was BAMF. Viper Days will be back the end of Sept. for two more days and BAMF will with them for one more day. Next year Viper Days will add one more CA event which will add two more track days. That seems pretty good to me. I personally do not have time to do more.

Autocross - Great idea have a suitable location in mind? Have cones? FYI, I have the timing equipment.

We have people attend our meetings form all around the larger ( Stockton, Danville, Marin, Redding, etc ) Bay Area. FYI the traffic pattern from the East Bay to San Jose is not bad better when compared to the reverse trip!

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DVS....are you in the South Willow Glen - Foxworthy and Almaden area? Thought I saw a car like the one in your avitar parked in a drive way over there. Also saw a silver GTS a block or so away.

As for autocross.....a viper only event would be cool. I was talking with Terry and Leslie about it last week.....

Until then, there is an event coming to San Jose May 20th...and I'm signed up.

http://www.norcalufo.org/2006/duelatdeanza.html

Fast Viper Dan

Enthusiast
Reaction score

http://www.ncracing.org/th070428.html
I dare you! :buttkick:

DVS_V10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
DVS....are you in the South Willow Glen - Foxworthy and Almaden area? Thought I saw a car like the one in your avitar parked in a drive way over there. Also saw a silver GTS a block or so away.

As for autocross.....a viper only event would be cool. I was talking with Terry and Leslie about it last week.....

Until then, there is an event coming to San Jose May 20th...and I'm signed up.

http://www.norcalufo.org/2006/duelatdeanza.html

Yep that is my babby we were remodaling the house so she had to stay outside for a couple of weeks. as for the silver GTS I have not seen the silver one yet. I may go to the duel at deanza to spectate but am not good enough to spend the cash to compete:(

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
20 bucks....I'm no good either, just want to make some noise ;)

silver GTS is within a block of you.

OP
OP
W

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Fang!

Your suggestion is great and has been discussed many times.

Our 2007 March's meeting had 64 adults and two under 10. Finding a meeting place with space, reserved parking, suitable meeting room, reasonable cost and good food is a challenge.

Our monthly meeting started at the Dinner in Los Gatos with 4 to 8 attending the meetings. As we grew we had to find bigger and a more suitable.

A few years ago we moved to our 4th location and present meeting place, Maggianos in Santana Row. To get a reasonable deal we made a committment to Maggianos for the monthly meetings.

It takes more planning than most realize to manage a dinner meeting of 40-70.

Track Events:

Would love to have more! Any volunteers to do an event? We have completed 5 track day so far this year. Four were Viper Days and one was BAMF. Viper Days will be back the end of Sept. for two more days and BAMF will with them for one more day. Next year Viper Days will add one more CA event which will add two more track days. That seems pretty good to me. I personally do not have time to do more.

Autocross - Great idea have a suitable location in mind? Have cones? FYI, I have the timing equipment.

We have people attend our meetings form all around the larger ( Stockton, Danville, Marin, Redding, etc ) Bay Area. FYI the traffic pattern from the East Bay to San Jose is not bad better when compared to the reverse trip!

Fred- I understand the obligations to Maggianos for the monthly dinners. Perhaps we should have a weekend brunch/meeting in other locations twice a year in addition to the monthly meetings.

As for autocross, there are plenty of locations for them... old Alameda Naval base, Golden Gate fields, Oakland Colesium, etc. And that's just in my neck of the woods. I know that the scca and other car clubs have events on those locations.

DVS_V10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
that is funny that it is that close and i have not seen it. you should come out to the starbucks on blossmhill and santatresa around 8 on sat a bunch of friends meet there we have a good selection of cars. it would be cool to have 2 vipers.

Vypr Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bet you have never been at a winery event where the winery is owned by one of us, a True Viper Fanatic.

I will coordinate an event later this year and sure hope to see a great many Vipers from all over California and the Western States for a truly special Winery opening with an underlying automotive twist to the affair....

More on this subject later.

Lance Kouchi and I would love to organize some fun and challenging get togethers with you NorCal Viperistas.

Maurice and Fred, lets talk!

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that is funny that it is that close and i have not seen it. you should come out to the starbucks on blossmhill and santatresa around 8 on sat a bunch of friends meet there we have a good selection of cars. it would be cool to have 2 vipers.

am or pm?

You should check out the back lot at Santana Row saturday's at 9am. Every saturday there is an exotic car meet there. I've gone the past few weekends with MikeR (copperhead). I can't make it this saturday but I should be there next week. Here are some pics - PICTURES

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bet you have never been at a winery event where the winery is owned by one of us, a True Viper Fanatic.

I will coordinate an event later this year and sure hope to see a great many Vipers from all over California and the Western States for a truly special Winery opening with an underlying automotive twist to the affair....

More on this subject later.

Lance Kouchi and I would love to organize some fun and challenging get togethers with you NorCal Viperistas.

Maurice and Fred, lets talk!

That sounds great. All I'm saying is that we should have at least more performance events.

Reaction score
Fred- I understand the obligations to Maggianos for the monthly dinners. Perhaps we should have a weekend brunch/meeting in other locations twice a year in addition to the monthly meetings.

As for autocross, there are plenty of locations for them... old Alameda Naval base, Golden Gate fields, Oakland Colesium, etc. And that's just in my neck of the woods. I know that the scca and other car clubs have events on those locations.

Hi Fang,

Look at our regions events schedule, http://norcal.viperclub.org/ , next drive and lunch is May 19th. The schedule is also updated as members offer to do events. We hope to put somthing together later this year with a trip to Phil's winery.

The local SCCA autocross events are open to everyone and far from havinh a Viper friendly course. Few want to spend a day and pay $35.00 for three runs on a 50 seconds run.

Several years ago we organized events with the Sacramento SCCA region which is a big Corvette group. We did a two or three events a year with them until they lost access to the military base. The were big courses and we had a min of seven runs. We also did a one day VCA (Vipers only) school with them with plenty of runs.

Events are run by members who have a specific interest. Have you considered organizing an autocross event?

There is interest is such an event and the So CA. region would like to do a joint event. Let me know if you want to organize an event?

Vypr Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That sounds great. All I'm saying is that we should have at least more performance events.

Warfang, the "Track Rat" in me agrees!!! :cool:

What if all 3 California VCA chapters get together and rent a track for a day or a week-end? :confused:

Buttonwillow seems to be centrally located and fairly easily accessible to all of us, can be configured in many different ways, can be run clockwise or counterclockwise and is a great learning track for newbies as well.

Maybe Fred K. could enroll (Skip Barber instructors) Jeff Rodrigues and Bryan Germone as on-site instructors for those willing to sharpen their performance driving skills under supervision and spirited coaching.

These two guys are great!!!:2tu: :2tu:

Picture below shows what a great time I had with these guys; check out my smile!:) :) :)

DVS_V10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
am or pm?

You should check out the back lot at Santana Row saturday's at 9am. Every saturday there is an exotic car meet there. I've gone the past few weekends with MikeR (copperhead). I can't make it this saturday but I should be there next week. Here are some pics - PICTURES
the meet is pm. I will try to make it out to the sat meet on santana row next week.

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Marina Airfield in Monterey and Castle Air Force Base in Atwater are great venues and have better surfaces than the more local venues. Another car club I am in organized an autocross school and race at Castle in conjunction with the organizers of the American Autocross Series. May be worth getting in touch to try and set up a similar Viper-based event. Also, I believe the main contacts for Marina are Dennis and Peggy Hale. They run another autocross series. Both of these venues have alot of area and can make much more Viper friendly courses.

Last edited:

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did Castle last time I went and it was a lot of fun. Big course with etched concrete - tires stuck pretty good. When's the next Castle event Matt?

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score

ILLSMOQ and I used to go there every Sunday afternoon with our other buddy Steve in his 97 B/W. I lived right near there.

Are you talking evening or morning?

Edit, just noticed you other post abut PM.

Last edited:

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score

My Fiance's dad was saying he see's some other Vipers roll thru there. He lives in Benecia and cruise's his old 66 restored Mustang there. I guess the Baja fresh owner is really cool to the car people. Ive been wanting to go in my car but its a long drive on Friday night and its hard to get out of work, maybe i'll leave early sometime and cruise up there.

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did Castle last time I went and it was a lot of fun. Big course with etched concrete - tires stuck pretty good. When's the next Castle event Matt?

Fred posted the link to the schedules. Next Castle event is actually this coming weekend.

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cruise's his old 66 restored Mustang there. I guess the Baja fresh owner is really cool to the car people.

ya there is a bunch of older hot rods there, people drive up with old cars they recently found and are planning to restore. there was a really sweet unrestored 1910ish bread truck fully WOOD with a little bit of metal. cool stuff like that shows up randomly. my car wont be done for a couple months i think..:( so i might not make it this summer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456