First 1:18 scale model with a race livery!

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I found out AutoArt was on the verge of releasing this CC in scale..... the Venom inside me took over.
You must be registered for see images

Driven by the Venom I both contacted Gateway Ldt and a CC racing team. Why wasn't AutoArt going to release a version with a driven livery on it?

The team I contacted is racing THIS CC!

I had to realize my idea, and spent some time emailing and phoning to the team.
They got enthustiast.... and AutoArt also.... If we'd take a 1000 models, they would produce it.
But, one 1000 is a lot, the team wasn't able to buy them, so we negotiated another deal.
AutoArt made a perfect deal, in a few weeks they will start to produce 100 to 150 models with this livery, with their models, but on another label
(X-Modelle).

It took them some months... but it´s finally there.
The first Competition Coupe scale model in a Race Livery!!!!

Note this is only the proto-type. The actual production model will be having better quality decals!

Even the smallest detail is there... look at the louvres on the hood.
The real thing.

And the scale model

Imagine..... This could be done with your CC too!!!!
I allready contacted Bob Woodhouse.... but he doesn´t seem to read the PM..... (AutoArt still needs a car to be produced worldwide..... :shocked: )

Personally I´d like to see Bob´s car produced and sold worldwide... his livery is breathtaking with the flip-flop colours and the massive vinyls over it!

What do you think of this model? Aint it great?

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great to see that with almost 100 Comp Coupes sold, we can only talk about models. I figured that this Comp Coupe site would help owners, share ideas.....

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great to see that with almost 100 Comp Coupes sold, we can only talk about models. I figured that this Comp Coupe site would help owners, share ideas.....

"Ouch" :) Frank, what do you think should be done to get more of the owners posting?

Side note: The Gen I fuel pump you sold me many moons ago just went into the Viper to replace the one that decided to die right after teeh engine was gone through. Glad I had it, otherwise it would have been another few weeks added to the "never can seem to get it finished" project Viper.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jay don't know what can be done to get more owners posting.

I just figured that with the special vehicle we'd be posting more detail about our cars...but then again i guess most of us are in some sort of competition against each other so information is not shared. Which is a shame.

I'm glad that i was able to help you out with the fuel pump. if you need any other Gen 1 parts let me know, i just might have it from when i turned my Gen 1 into a racer...

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, I still visit this forum...but last time two times I posted and asked a question, it got deleted so I figure what was the point? Good news is that I finally got my car out to a small club event, got the pole, did a couple of stupid mistakes, and still got a 4th place against much faster cars-i.e Roush Trans-Am with a great driver but hey, it ran, and more importantly, it stopped. (Thanks Matt @ Dodge)It was my first race ever and boy did I learn a lot. Like watch my mirrows more so I don't get passed as easily. Now I just need to work on my driving LOL. But hey, 4th out of 25 cars isn't that bad, is it????

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Brian....Keep getting seat time...you will get faster....and more consistant....

OP
OP
V

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some time passed and last week I got some updates on the Rudolph CC.
The final sample is ready to be produced!!!!

Doesn't it look gorgeous?

I'm currently working on a graphic design to be put on the stand of AutoArt.
This graphic will be signed by the team if the costs aren't too high.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave