First day - engine light and 4 cylinders

Jsethen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just pulled out my "new to me" 2008 vert. I was driving home this evening and all of a sudden the engine light came on and it seemed to be runing on 4 cylinders. :( I drove straight to the the dodge dealer so they could look at it in the am and figured I would try turning it off and restarting. Fired right up and ran fine. Any ideas? I was thinking maybe moisture in tank from storing over winter with less than full tank. It only has 3500km on it.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
any codes stored in the pcm?
where are you located? sounds europe or canada with the "km"?

pure zen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ethanol fuel blended gas? :dunno:

Doesn't store well in your tank past 90 days.....

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Hopefully, Jsethen can extract the codes either by the key method or with a CAN bus capable OBD II reader since there are multiple potential causes.

OP
OP
J

Jsethen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no mods, not sure what fuel was in when stored. need to find key code extract method on here again. saw it once but forgot exactly how it said.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Try this old post from Mark:

"mjorgensen 05:02 PM 09-03-2008
The key will start out in the "on" position, you need to turn to off, on, off, on in about 2.9 seconds. To fast and nothing to slow and nothing so it may take a few times to get it right. When it is done correctly there will be codes (some) listed in the odometer area. If there are no codes there will be a row of dashes and then say done.

Hope this helps."