First rt/10 with power windows?

Viperoctane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe that 96 was the first RT/10's with power windows but not all of them. But for sure all 97's had the power windows. Not sure but if I am not mistaken 96
smile.gif

Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fromvettetoviper:
Any of you guys know when the first model year of the viper came standard with power windows? Thanks a bunch, I can't find this info on any website.

Nate

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Actually, the first year for power windows was the '96 GTS. No R/T's had them. There were few '97 R/T's built, production glitches held them back, therefore, they are RARE. Jon B wrote an outstanding article in a previous Viper Magazine issue that can answer many of your Viper trivia questions.

Our friend Jay Herbert is building an outrageous hybrid R/T with all the amenities; An earlier roadster with all the personal preferences to please the "die hard" R/T enthusiasts!

Hope this helps,
Doug
smile.gif

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most model year changes are listed here:

http://www.viperclub.org/IVR/viperfeatures.html

Doug is right, first year for RT power windows was '97. I bid on a black 94 at auction that was the power window test mule. It had been converted back to standards parts to sell.

My '94 RT actually has a set of the first RT/10 power window doors on it. Don't ask me how the person I got them from obtained them, I don't wanna know
smile.gif

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth