First Run w/ SC

Discussion in 'Time Slips' started by SYNFULL, Nov 13, 2010.

1. SYNFULL

SYNFULL Viper Owner

Finally made it to Atco last night. I wasn't real happy with the results and would like to know what you guys think, and any recommendations. I know I will need some type of drag radials to get into the 10's as I would like.
    Right now I am running Pirelli P-Zero's 19".
    I did do a nice burnout each time until the tires started to grab.

My last time at Atco was before the s/c but with Vec 2, Belangers and Random Tech exhaust. I ran 12.19 @ 118 mph.

First 2 runs I lowered the air pressure to 20 lbs. Totally went sideways the first run coming out in first.
    60' 2.26
    1/4 12.371
    mph 128.93

Second run came out better but had wheel hop in 2nd gear so I had to let off a litte bit.
    60' 2.039
    1/4 11.93
    mph 127.96

Third run I raised the air pressure to 25 because a guy I was racing with told me that low sidewall tire like the pirelli's need more pressure in them, than regular tires.
    I had wheel hop in first gear this time.

60' 2.046
    1/4 11.50
    mph 131

I was a little relieved at this one having done so much work to the car. I am going to look into the poly mounts and solid transmission mount.
    Also is there another brand of tire that will hook up better than the pirellis' without going to a drag radial. Maybe Kuhmo's??

Thanks!
    Gary

2. Hamrhead

Hamrhead Enthusiast

Dude that doesn't give me much confidence - Panning on hitting Atco Sunday!!:eek:
    Hopefully the track will be stickier with the sunshine!

I have an '08 and the PS2's are all over the place in 1st gear(Today on the street - Though it was kinda fun), but I have 3.55's. I keep hearing the Invo tire hooks better - might try them out next year.

You have some nice MPH! I'm hoping for low 11's at similar MPH.

See what happens...

3. FLATOUT

FLATOUT Viper Owner

You picked up 13 mph through the traps! Get a tire on the car and you'll see 10's power is there.

4. SYNFULL

SYNFULL Viper Owner

Thanks bro. Have fun and let me know how you do.

5. SYNFULL

SYNFULL Viper Owner

Any recommendations? Do you think I can go with a stickier street tire as opposed to slicks?

Thanks

6. Canyon707

Canyon707 Viper Owner

If you want better times go with a better tire. on the strip M&H are great MT are also ok It makes a big difference. If you don't spin the tires it won't hop.

7. SYNFULL

SYNFULL Viper Owner

Thanks I will look into them..

8. 1fast400

1fast400 Enthusiast

I cut a 1.4_ on an invo.

9. Hamrhead

Hamrhead Enthusiast

I'm back from Atco. 65 and blue skies - Perfect day!

Only got two runs in. Nothing special as this was my first time out with my '08 and I was super careful thinking I'd be spinning. I was waaay wrong!

First run I bogged bad, then granny shifted my way to an 11.88 @ 125(1.97 60' on PS2's at 25psi). Like I said, I really didn't want to go sideways(like some Mustang guy did...Though, he did save it), so I really shifted slow. No problem - Track was like glue.

My next run, which would be my last, I launched harder and got a 1.90 60' on my way to an 11.44 @ 128.

No powershifting and I know I can improve the 60' with practice(At least into the 1.7's), so I guess I'm satisfied for now. Hopefully I can get back once more this season.

Amazing how much difference in traction there was between Friday night when you went and today. With my 3.55's, I really figured I'd be spinning into 3rd.

10. SYNFULL

SYNFULL Viper Owner

Nice times! What mods are done to your car? Also how crowded was it on Sunday?
    Thanks

11. FLATOUT

FLATOUT Viper Owner

Like 400 mentioned invos, or put some drag radials on another wheel.

Good luck buddy.

12. Hamrhead

Hamrhead Enthusiast

Thanks! But I think I can improve on them. :)

I have the Mopar PCM, Filter, Roe H/F Cats & Corsa, and 3.55's. Woodhouse poly engine mounts too.

There was a Buick vs. Ford event, which wasn't huge, but as always, plenty of Mustangs... It wasn't overly crowded I guess. I got there a bit late(10am) and missed the first time trial run, and by 1:20pm we were leaving. So I guess I could've got 3 runs in if I was there before 9:30am.

I want to try to get back again this year if I can find the time.

13. SYNFULL

SYNFULL Viper Owner

Let me know if you are going and I will try to make it.

14. Twister

Twister Viper Owner

Synful...what kinda viper and was the 12.1 at 118 stock

15. Canyon707

Canyon707 Viper Owner

Summit Bracket Racing started up Saturday at Infineon. What a beautiful day in Sonoma. 85 was the high of the day. I didn't do that well a bit rusty but by the end of the day I was getting it dialed in. Actually I didn't make it past the first round. I was up against a tough dodge 17 second truck. which we know are pretty slow but the times are pretty consistant. I lost to him by 33 hundredths of a second after breaking at the end to slow down. Just missed it. Had fun but really wanted to do better than I did. Next race Feb 21.

16. Ghoust

Ghoust Viper Owner

Is yours a coupe or a vert?

17. Canyon707

Canyon707 Viper Owner

Vert with an Autoform top