First viper 15 GT in white

Discussion in 'New Owner Questions' started by Jdmuscle, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Jdmuscle

Jdmuscle Enthusiast

After much confusion between the new Z06 and the Viper I finally decided to go the route of getting a exclusive hand built American wonder as opposed to the Vette (used to have a C6 Z06 at one point). Boy am I glad I went the viper route. Such an awesome car to drive.

Car came with the 22J pkg and the sidewinder wheels. One amazing looking machine. Looking forward to learn more and more from the forums and be part of this wonderful community. Here are some pics of the beauty along with its new bestfriend...

There is bit of a rattle when I have the drivers window lowered all the way.. Anyone experience this as well? If yes.. Any remedies for this?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  2. newredrt10

newredrt10 VCA Member - Great Lakes

Congratulations! Nice Viper! Welcome!

3. NMviperguy

NMviperguy Viper Owner

Nice stable! Congrats on the new car. Not sure about the rattle, would have the dealer check it out for you.

4. Jdmuscle

Jdmuscle Enthusiast

Thank you Gents.. I'll have to go back to him take a look. Two things.. One is the rattle and the other is the rear hatch.. It doesn't open all the way unless I use the metal key to open it.

5. broomrider

broomrider VCA E-Member - Gulf States Region

Nice ride! I too had been looking at the new z06. I chose the viper as well. I have no regrets whatsoever. I bought mine in July a 2014 GTS, GTS R Blue with sidewinder II Hyper Wheels. Carbon Fiber interior and exterior. Being on the forum is a blast
    and anything I've ever had a question about, I have found an answer. A lot of nice people. Welcome, Welcome, Welcome. Hope to see ya on the road or track. Just hope you don't mind being beat by a girl. HAHAHAHa :D

6. ViperJeff

ViperJeff VCA Legacy Member - UT/AZ Staff Member

Very Nice..... Congrats

7. Jdmuscle

Jdmuscle Enthusiast

Thank you much broomrider... Good call on going the Viper route and wheels are perfect. Hope to see you on the road or the track as well... Good race is always a good race.. Gender makes no difference. :)

8. Jdmuscle

Jdmuscle Enthusiast

Thanks Jeff..

9. Free2go

Free2go Viper Owner

Actually, it's a lose lose situation. You win, you're not a gentleman. You lose, you got beat by a girl.

10. Jdmuscle

Jdmuscle Enthusiast

Isn't that the sad story for a man's life!! Lol

11. broomrider

Just a thought on the trunk issue. When you use the key fob does it not open all the way? When opening manually push the trunk release button twice rapidly and it should open all the way.

12. Jdmuscle

Jdmuscle Enthusiast

Hi broomrider... I thought I had tried that before... I guess not. I tried it again last night and it worked. So thank you for that.

13. broomrider

You are welcome, glad I could help:2tu:

14. larrytowell

larrytowell Viper Owner

Very nice for a First Viper! It's the first ones you never forget!
    I'm new to VCA and this community. Looking forward to learning more, and getting to gather and meet up with other adrenaline junkies!

15. 2001-V10 Power Nut

2001-V10 Power Nut Enthusiast

looks great with black rims

16. Jdmuscle

Jdmuscle Enthusiast

Thanks for the kind words.. Love it very much. Two months in and 500 miles later... I'm having a blast. Have done a full cQuartz finest treatment and XPel'd the front end, rockers, portion of the rear bumper, door handles, rear view mirror. Also installed the boomerang mud flaps.