Florida car tax

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does Orange Co, Fl have an annual personal property tax on cars, motorcycles, etc? If so what is the rate?

ViperPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No. To my knowledge there is no annual taxes on vehicles of any kind other than a yearly registration.

I live in Florida for the last 10 years, in Marion county just North of Orlando- we do lots of deals out of Orlando and that has never been brought up.

Do you live in Orange county?

OP
OP
M

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No. To my knowledge there is no annual taxes on vehicles of any kind other than a yearly registration.

I live in Florida for the last 10 years, in Marion county just North of Orlando- we do lots of deals out of Orlando and that has never been brought up.

Do you live in Orange county?
No, I do not live in FLORIDA. Just looking at a possible opportunity.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't recall the specifics, but when I moved here from AZ, there was a big title fee I had to pay to change the registration from AZ to Florida. But once that issue was resolved, the annual cost is somewhere around $30.00.

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Last year the Republican Gov. Rick Scott lowered all the registration fees. There is no annual tax--just a $30-40. lic. fee each year. No income tax either--great place to live--Dave

ViperPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The initial registration of a vehicle can be expensive. A typical new plate can cost anywhere from $325 to 550. I am a Sales Manager at a Nissan dealership so we see them all the time. Doesn't matter where you lived previously as long as you are registering the vehicle in florida.

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SKYY406....are you quoting the dealership fees ?? the dealership pads it for the sales girl, the free water, ..owner getting a new car, etc....I think the charge to get a new title and registration is about $200 via the local DMV...you have to get "Florida car insurance" which has some added fees for hurricanes, etc...my $.02

ViperPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SKYY406....are you quoting the dealership fees ?? the dealership pads it for the sales girl, the free water, ..owner getting a new car, etc....I think the charge to get a new title and registration is about $200 via the local DMV...you have to get "Florida car insurance" which has some added fees for hurricanes, etc...my $.02

I think your talking about a dealer fee.

I am talking about new car registration.

New car registration cost anywhere from $325-550. We collect those fees for the DMV. Dealers cannot "mark-up" those fees.

OP
OP
M

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds cheap, VA is over 4% for sales tax when you buy the car, so $100k car is $4000+ and then personal property tax is 2.7% each year plus tags of about $45. So the annual tax is $2700, but it goes does down about 10% a year. Very expensive.

ViperPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Annual registration costs also depends on how heavy your vehicle is. My SRT10 Ram is about $83-86 a year and my Maxima is $60-65 year. So it depends.