Foam Gun?

cujo200231

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, who here uses a foam gun and what kind? I see that theres the pressure washer ones that make your car look like its coated in shaving cream and the hose attachment ones that just soap your car down really good. Thanks in advance.

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gilmour makes most foam guns on the market I believe.

Pressure washer version is called a foam cannon.

I agree. Gilmore makes the best of the foam guns. They cost substantially less than the foam cannons. The only problem right now is that Gilmore can't keep their vendors stocked and a lot of places have the foam guns on back order. As good as they sell, they are obviously not important enough for Gilmore to keep producing them in a timely manner.

The important thing that you should know is why you want to use one in the first place. Are you aware of their purpose?

Reaction score
I just bought both;

The Gilmour Foam Gun I just bought brand new on Fleabay delivered for $44.00, tracking on UPS says I will be getting it Thursday.

I also bought a brand new foam cannon HP for my pressure washer for $95.00 delivered, which should be here Thursday as well. The auto detailing site had a special 20% off for Memorial day and free deliver.

I look forward to trying them both for specific applications.

OP
OP
C

cujo200231

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. Gilmore makes the best of the foam guns. They cost substantially less than the foam cannons. The only problem right now is that Gilmore can't keep their vendors stocked and a lot of places have the foam guns on back order. As good as they sell, they are obviously not important enough for Gilmore to keep producing them in a timely manner.

The important thing that you should know is why you want to use one in the first place. Are you aware of their purpose?

I would think that it would help lift the dirt. it seems like a better idea than just taking a mitt on wet non lubricated paint. Also, I saw a few of your vids, they are great!

OP
OP
C

cujo200231

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought both;

The Gilmour Foam Gun I just bought brand new on Fleabay delivered for $44.00, tracking on UPS says I will be getting it Thursday.

I also bought a brand new foam cannon HP for my pressure washer for $95.00 delivered, which should be here Thursday as well. The auto detailing site had a special 20% off for Memorial day and free deliver.

I look forward to trying them both for specific applications.

Please let me know what one you prefer. The cannons look awesome and look like they work better but unsure about touching my car with a pressure washer.

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would think that it would help lift the dirt. it seems like a better idea than just taking a mitt on wet non lubricated paint. Also, I saw a few of your vids, they are great!

You are correct to a degree. The foam gun and foam cannon provide lubrication for the matted on dirt which is stuck to the surface of your car. It helps raise that dirt off the clear coat so that you don't scratch the clear coat as your bring your wash mitt across the surface of the car. This is a very important part of eliminating swirl marks during the wash process, which is when the majority of scratches and swirls are created.

The foam cannon is the better of the two because it provides a layer of soap that "clings" to the paint. This gives you time to completely wash the car while the soap is still providing that lubrication. If you wash the car outdoors (instead of in the garage as I do), the foam cannon is definitely the better choice. The only drawback is the noise and cost.

Please let me know what one you prefer. The cannons look awesome and look like they work better but unsure about touching my car with a pressure washer.

You don't have to worry about the pressure. You are not going to hurt anything with that washer unless you had you car painted at Wal-Mart. :D

Reaction score

The pressure washer I ordered (Kranzle K 1700 T) you can adjust the pressure.
I won't be taking off the paint, though its rated at 1700 PSI and just under 2 GPM.

I've read countless reviews and saw many videos of both the Gilmour foam gun and the cannon HP and thought I'd give them a try myself for a comparison especially when both were obtained for a good price.

The pressure weasher is being delivered truck freight, and I am suppose to have to delivered no later than the 10th.

I look forward to trying out both and will report the outcome when received and used.

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
think it's 6 per case. I got 2 cases now. Can get more if I run out. Not a whole lotta room on price ($60 ea), just happy to have em in stock. If anyone needs one, PM me.

Foamaster II
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Foam Gun is now $60 with free 16oz Adam's Car Wash!

+

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good to hear!

They def. help clean the car better. I see a lot less swirl marks since using a foamgun. Only have a few left. Placed an order for more, but can't tell when I'll get restocked, so get em now!

16oz Car wash lists @ $10.95 and lasts a long time in the Gilmour. I have Gal. sizes on the carwash as well.

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The foam gun is an extremely important step in washing your ride. It is the foundation of going "scratchless".

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The pressure washer I ordered (Kranzle K 1700 T) you can adjust the pressure.
I won't be taking off the paint, though its rated at 1700 PSI and just under 2 GPM.

I've read countless reviews and saw many videos of both the Gilmour foam gun and the cannon HP and thought I'd give them a try myself for a comparison especially when both were obtained for a good price.

The pressure weasher is being delivered truck freight, and I am suppose to have to delivered no later than the 10th.

I look forward to trying out both and will report the outcome when received and used.

shdv, any report yet :eater:

The foam gun is an extremely important step in washing your ride. It is the foundation of going "scratchless".

thanks junkman for your vids and posts,

does the foam cannon do a better job cleaning (easy to see it foams better) than the foam gun?

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...thanks junkman for your vids and posts,

does the foam cannon do a better job cleaning (easy to see it foams better) than the foam gun?

You're welcome sir!

You've missed the purpose of the foam gun. The foam gun doesn't clean anything, it lubricates and raises the dirt that is matted to the finish so that you can safely remove it without grinding it into the finish. It is not a pressure washer or dirt blaster, it is a dirt lubricator. The foam cannon would be a much better option if you want to spend that money, but it is not necessary.

Reaction score
Yes, both work real good, but I like the foam cannon HP much better using the pressure washer.

I used the Gilmour foam gun first, then tried the cannon HP, and liked the cannon HP much better, more foam, faster job, but it cost more than twice as much and you need a pressure washer to boot.

As far as the Kranzle 1700T pressure washer, this thing rocks hard.
The best electric pressure washer I've ever used by far, rivals my commercial gas, and no mess, no fuss, easy to use, easy to store, love the built-in pressure hose reel.
Its quality, and built to last.
It cost a ton more than a $200-$500 pressure washer, but the Kranzle feels like it will last a life time.

I just bought a CR Spotless, and waiting to have some time to try it out next.
No drying, no spots, can't wait.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
.... The foam cannon would be a much better option if you want to spend that money, but it is not necessary.

exactly the summary i was looking for :2tu:

feedback on the technique in this vid appreciated

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq6t8w-v-kU&feature=related[/media]

as i see it:

step 1 foam - good

step 2 power wash - :dunno:

step 3 blade (squeege) - :dunno:

thanks all

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Works a treat......
Soak the car in Foam leave for 10mins, rince, soak again and wash then rince and dry.....
you could watch the foam soaking the brake dust off.. didn't touch the weels with a cloth and they are spotless....
Well pleased......
Just needs polishing now....
You must be registered for see images attach