exactly the summary i was looking for :2tu:

feedback on the technique in this vid appreciated

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq6t8w-v-kU&feature=related[/media]

as i see it:

step 1 foam - good

step 2 power wash - :dunno:

step 3 blade (squeege) - :dunno:

thanks all

That wash technique straight out sucked! See the below response for more clarity.

How much soap (and what kind) are you guys putting in the container? I was less than impressed with my first use of the foam gun :dunno:.

You need to use 2 ounces of wash soap for every quart of water that your foam gun holds. You can also adjust how much foam is put out by the foam gun. In this video, I use the largest setting to put out this much foam:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFIILkkdqaA[/media]

Now here's the thing with the foam gun that so many people are missing. The foam gun DOES NOT remove dirt from the car. The foam gun lubricates the dirt on the car and makes it possible for you to MANUALLY remove the dirt without grinding it into your paint using the 2-bucket wash technique.

You don't foam the car and then rinse the foam off. The foam gun does not power dirt off the car or remove it in any way. That is YOUR job. The foam gun just creates the lubricant for YOU to do so safely. I explain all this in my foam gun discussion video. Go to the 4 minutes and 11 seconds point.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHS9_6ycJuA[/media]

Lastly, never use that blade crap on your car. Blow dry it with an electric leaf blower. That's the safest way to NOT scratch your paint.

Last edited:

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks a million junkman

fine vids and explanation

yeah, was trying to get around the "manually remove" part

:drive:

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, a lot of people think that way. Let's face it, this is a labor of love with our cars. :)

PittsburghRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This may be a stupid question, but wouldn't the soap sitting on the paint surface for 10 minutes or so strip the wax off of the paint surface? I usually hose off my everyday car (black) and then use Pinnacle soap to wash it.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it's called humor :omg:

quality of said is your determination

maybe reading the label of your chosen soaps is beyond you too, hmmmmmm :dunno:

sheesh

betting you are on your hoa board :eater:

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This may be a stupid question, but wouldn't the soap sitting on the paint surface for 10 minutes or so strip the wax off of the paint surface? I usually hose off my everyday car (black) and then use Pinnacle soap to wash it.

You should not be using any type of product that will strip wax. Any quality car shampoo will not do so. What are you using to wash your car?

PittsburghRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should not be using any type of product that will strip wax. Any quality car shampoo will not do so. What are you using to wash your car?

Junkman,

I am currently using the Pinnacle car wash. I am not saying it strips the wax, but I was unde the impression that a lot of shampoo's do strip wax.

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Over time, continuous washing will remove the wax on your car but only something brutal like Dawn dish washing liquid will do it in one application. What you are using is fine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456