Forecast 2013 Production Run

L84AD8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Watching an auto show review last night and had a nice review of the Gen V but mentioned that the total production run was going to be around 2100 units for the year 2013. So much for limited production supercar. Mentioned that the price had not been released.

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1000 units or under average is a good target for an exotic like the Viper.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think it will have a lot to do with demand. The last 2 runs were low numbers(under 1000) but I suspect this will be at least 2x as many built. More closer to 2000

Bruce

Last edited:

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was told at the reveal that the goal for 2013 was 1800. Who knows if that will happen? Who knows when SRT will end the model year? December 31, 2013? If so, that's a 14-1/2 month run if they get started on Oct. 15th.....There will be plenty of 2014 cars made by other manufacturers on the road by September 2013.

Bill

Viper007Bond

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't see what the big deal is.

It's the first year of production for the new car and therefore are likely to sell a bit more for the first year.

05Commemorative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly, they could sell 4000 and would not be a big deal. Your never going to see one on every corner, it is not going to effect its value and you would hope that a car company wants to sell cars and with a bit better volume, could be more profitable for them.

btw, did not realize vette's were down to 12k a year. they used to be in the 30k range not too many years ago.

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is not good.....

"On the other end of the spectrum, we see that the ZR1 production is continuing its decline in production since its peak of 1,577 units in 2010. In 2011, 806 ZR1s were made and now for 2012, that figure is 404 for 3.5% of total production."

Too high a price in this economy sorry to say. I would also assume Vette nation is "quite" a bit larger then Viper nation to support the ZR1.... I just don't see how after the intial push ( Viper member upgrades) they are gonna sell the Viper long term. Get it while you can....Hate to see it go away again

bcmarly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Consumer confidence is at an all time low and the future is uncertain. People are just not willing to spend like they used to. Those who make Ferrari like money aren't effected as much as those who don't. Consumers in the Vette/Viper income brackets may not be as willing to part with their money. GM and Chrysler are not out of the woods yet and the regulations keep coming down the pike, many of which discourage investment in what is known in some circles as dinosaur fossil fueled cars.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vote for Romney. Increase consumer confidence. Support the Viper. Smile.

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Romney = bullsh**t. Some in the other camp too. Don't pin your hopes on ONE man. This is a democracy, not an autocracy. Congress has more to do with the state of this country and their productivity has been abysmal. We need to get real and support courageous politicians who want to do the right thing and not pander to our selfish instincts with voodoo math - I don't see any out there. Rant over.

I really hope production takes off and they make 2000-3000. The additional profit will help SRT make better changes to the car to allay mounting criticisms and sell even more. That's what healthy production is about - improving good product to build a solid market. I know some of you want a small market but that doesn't help maintain/build support for our cars.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Romney = bullsh**t. Some in the other camp too. Don't pin your hopes on ONE man. This is a democracy, not an autocracy. Congress has more to do with the state of this country and their productivity has been abysmal. We need to get real and support courageous politicians who want to do the right thing and not pander to our selfish instincts with voodoo math - I don't see any out there. Rant over.

I really hope production takes off and they make 2000-3000. The additional profit will help SRT make better changes to the car to allay mounting criticisms and sell even more. That's what healthy production is about - improving good product to build a solid market. I know some of you want a small market but that doesn't help maintain/build support for our cars.

Don't care to get into a political discussion with you. As far Viper production goes, building them and selling them are 2 different things--kind of like solar panels.

Bill

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Numbers we were told quite awhile ago was 1500-1800 in model year 2013. Makes sense and since the car will likely not start production until October, it will also have a shorter build year than in the past.

Over the years that has been the normal build rate for the Viper, and I would imagine marketing sees that as the number that makes the most sense.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill at the Mile High Nationals, Ralph told the entire crowd that the car will not be produced in numbers greater than 2,000 when he introduced the cars to everyone. That seems a realistic maximum at the price points. I mean it will still be a hand assembled car right. That kind of limits things right there. 2,000 cars a year is nothing. It is a special edition or even a 1/2 a special edition number for some others.

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On several occasions Ralph said that to be profitable SRT needs to sell about 1500 Vipers a year. At that level, the Viper is carrying its own weight and doesn't need subsidizing by marketing or anyone else. That comes to about 7 1/2 cars a work day. He's also said there is sufficient capacity to build something in the low 2000s if the demand is there.

I'd like to see a steady sell rate sufficient to support continued development of the Viper and introduction of new models such as the Convertible and the ACR. :2tu:

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It doesn't matter what Romney does. The bottom line is business owners (my family and MANY friends) will feel confident with him in office. Confidence where it matters is all it will take to turn this economy around, even with the looming deficit. We've held back for the past 5 years because we don't know what to expect. RR getting elected will boost this economy without any action on their part.

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The economy better get a whole lot better for this Viper to take off. Sure the first year will be a hit, its the next couple years that are going to be tough....

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It has little to do with any of the above. Some will argue this but it has to be said, CAFE regulations limit how many gas guzzlers a manufacturer can sell at a given price. If it didn't then why would any manufacturer give a hoot about CAFE? For example, a V8 Mustang costs nearly twice as much as a V6 and it aint because two more cylinders adds that much more manufacturing expense.

It has very nearly nothing to do with supply and demand.

bcmarly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just recieved a message from Gilles stating the following:

"Very well, we had some self imposed delays for quality reasons, so production will start in Dec! Welcome to twitter! "

I like that they are not rushing to production.. Quality has to be job #1 and evidently it is.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just recieved a message from Gilles stating the following:

"Very well, we had some self imposed delays for quality reasons, so production will start in Dec! Welcome to twitter! "

I like that they are not rushing to production.. Quality has to be job #1 and evidently it is.

If production was supposed to start October for December delivery, does that mean delivery is now February?? I wonder how much of this is due to the verbal beating SRT took from this forum over the Launch Edition? Gee, I bet this means we won't have pricing anytime soon....

Oh and I'll say it again....still no SRT hood....

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ooooh noooooo. mabey the company that made the door window regulators has closed down.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery