Forum Searches

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a way to do Boolean searches on the forum. For example if I want to find info about transmission fluid. If I do a search I get results for transmission and fluid but not necessarily "transmission fluid". I have tried enclosing the search words with parenthesis and also putting "and" in the middle such as- transmission and fluid, or "transmission fluid", but that doesn't seem to work.

Thanks

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would add a suggestion that it would be great if there was some indication, maybe on the Advanced Search page, about how to use this software's search tool. (If this software supports that customization) New folks do not know that commonly searched terms such as ACR or GTS or oil or cap are not allowed and return nothing.

The reality is that Google is a much better tool for searching this site, and that is pretty much all that I use anymore.
edit Dam! v10viperbox posted same thing while I was typing

Last edited:

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score
Using "transmission fluid" does pull up a lot of results, but I'm sure it's not all of them. vBulletin never put a lot of horse power into their searches... Some day, I'd like to put the Spinx search engine into the forums which will give you full google style search capability. Until then, using "transmission fluid site:forums.viperclub.org" in google will give you pretty good results.

v10viperbox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RUNNR you know that there is a google search addon for vbulletin. A lot of sites started using it to avoid bulk registration to there sites just to do searches. Plus it should take a bit of stain off your server's and hosting costs if people are constantly hammering the search function.

Also works for three letter words which is a huge help

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets