Found a Z06 while driving my Viper

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know unfair since I've got some mods, but fishtailing past a Z06 at 70mph,that got a head start, is golden. Even though my car was running crappy it wasn't even close.

While he was in 2nd at 50mph, I stood on it in 4th (2200rpm) and it was a tie.

Now he knows.

Ted

ACRSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Supercharged Viper vs. Z06. I'm sure he didn't stand a chance. Try that with a blown Z06 and see how that works out for you.:drive:

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SC Viper vs stock Z06 is a no contest, but I gotta tell you there were some VERY tough Z06's on the course at Road Atlanta yesterday.

I'm naturally aspirated with 555 HP at the wheels and I could gain about 2-3 car lengths on stock Z06's on the long straight....but the SC ones got 3-4 lengths on me.

Z06's are good cars for sure, but there's nothing like a Viper. Guess which make earned the "corner workers choice" award! :2tu:

RobZ

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Z's are fun to mess with!!!

When I hear a car referred to as "Z" I automatically think of the true Z Car, Datsun/Nissan. I get a laugh when people call their Z3, Z28, Z06 a "Z" , no offense.

and now an excuse to post a pic of my Z.
You must be registered for see images attach

And ditto on what year Z06, it makes quite a bit of a difference. Still no match for 8.0L plus boost though. ;)

Rob

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It was a newer one. They all look the same to me.

I knew there wasn't a contest. I've got 720 rwhp, and it was obvious.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a newer one. They all look the same to me.

I knew there wasn't a contest. I've got 720 rwhp, and it was obvious.

740 RW! Outstanding.....there're few things out there that'll mess with you.:D

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
One of our local VCA guys has a 345rwhp Turbo PT cruiser for a daily driver. His wife has a 350Z, she likes it.

Ted

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's a long list, but it was mostly done at Larry Macedo's shop. Roe 10#, water/****, no cats, exhaust with Belangers, cam, 1.7 rockers, Macedo airbox, crankcase vac pump, 70mm TB's, 172 Thermostat, etc. It's mostly the boost that makes the power.

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a long list, but it was mostly done at Larry Macedo's shop. Roe 10#, water/****, no cats, exhaust with Belangers, cam, 1.7 rockers, Macedo airbox, crankcase vac pump, 70mm TB's, 172 Thermostat, etc. It's mostly the boost that makes the power.

How about pistons? Did you upgrade the pistons, and whose did you go with? Which cam did you go with? Thinking about my winter project. :D

dun4791

Viper Owner
Reaction score
SC Viper vs stock Z06 is a no contest, but I gotta tell you there were some VERY tough Z06's on the course at Road Atlanta yesterday.

I'm naturally aspirated with 555 HP at the wheels and I could gain about 2-3 car lengths on stock Z06's on the long straight....but the SC ones got 3-4 lengths on me.

Z06's are good cars for sure, but there's nothing like a Viper. Guess which make earned the "corner workers choice" award! :2tu:

Drumr- What mods do you have, and who tuned you????

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yah, you're right, sorry about that. Not sure of the brand name, but it has aftermarket forged pistons. You'd have to call Larry Macedo to find out which ones as I don't have the receipt.

Ted

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Supercharged Viper vs. Z06. I'm sure he didn't stand a chance. Try that with a blown Z06 and see how that works out for you.:drive:
+1 and well said. So many vipers have to be tuned now to keep up with the awesome stock ZO6 and just wait til next years SS vette with 650 ponies. And you will NOT see one everyday.

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No I expect I may never see a sc'd Z06. So far I've only seen 3. The one I blew away, one that pulled a length on me in my Stealth Twin Turbo (that's why I bought a Viper) and 1 in a couple car shows.

It tough to hunt Z06's out here. Then there's Ford GT's, only saw 1 on the road and that was across the freeway.

Ted

1Need4Speed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You say that until you get spanked by one that's stock:rolaugh:

Then you'll start digging deep into the pockets for that twin turbo kit. Which is what I did by the way;)

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
After 600hp you quit worrying about losing to anything, except maybe AWD or a slicked car. I've got a 100hp Nitrous shot, that I never expect to use. Since I have traction problems under 80mph more power means less traction. If I find a track that'll allow 9 sec runs without a roll bar, I would probably try the Nitrous. However, I have no interest in fsihtailing at over 100mph down the street.

Ted

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery