Furstenau Financial/Woodhouse Dodge Viper Rendezvous Synopsis!!!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Oh, boy, I drove all across the wilds of Nebraska to have my Viper out at a track with hail laden storms approaching with 70 mph wind gusts -----------------aaargh!! This would have been a common complaint at most tracks with millions of dollars of Snakes out on the tarmac, but not at Motorsports Park Hastings this weekend ( June 11-13 ). George Anderson, Pres. of the track, simply called up a couple of his buddies and , bingo, we had all the cars inside warehouses ---- one was a cold storage meat locker, which made for humorous attempts at defrosting the Viper windows the next morning when drivers picked up their beasts.

There was so much going on that if you are from the Colorado/Wyoming/ Utah VCA Club, the Minnesota Club, or the Kansas City Region Club, you have to ask your members that went if they had a good time , as this was as much of an entertainment riot, as it was track event.

Let's see, how often do you go to a track event and have;

1. Go kart races around a 2.2 mile track , with the added excitement of a few people already imbiding a bit before their laps. Laugh riot.
2. Where do you sit down to a pound of prime rib as your Saturday evening dinner , and then have the track President run out to the Country Club to bring you back dessert --- Kahlua Freezes !!!??. 3.How about topping off the evening with a tour of the track garages/homes , including one gentleman who opened his to us , as well as his collection of 20-25 assorted hotrods, racers and muscle cars?
4. Water supplied on track, timers provided at no charge, Friday get together party. lap orientation on Friday, and .....................the exciting Bacardi Bus ride around the track as the sun was going down!!!
5. Ted Hughes brought his new ACR-X to the track for more shake down runs , and ran the fastest race coupe time recorded. Previously the track's quickest time was run by Randy Pobst ( yes the same well known pro driver who held the production track record in an ACR, before Chris Winkler ( of Chrysler ) broke it in the new version -- which consequently became the 1:33 Edition.
1:29.4 bested the time put down by Pobst in the 3R Racing Porsche GT3 Cup car driven in the World Challenge Series the past year.

The weather gods did not get to rain ( yes, it is a pun ) their fury on the Vipers thanks to the foresight of George Anderson, and when things looked bleak on Sunday, the Motorsport Park's Mojo came around, and brought the sun right back out. Other than a few damp early morning hours ( with the track drying every lap ) the afternoon broke to brilliant sunshine and phenomenal tracktime. Those that stayed had a fantastic time with changing track conditions, and learned better car control as the track dried ------ it never was severely wet at all.

Special thanks go to Ryan Furstenau and Furstenau Financial Mgmt for his determination to get this event started. He even made up a super cool booklet about the Viper and presented it to all the attendees right before his presentation on his approach to financial management -- he carries his same passion for the Viper over to how he takes care of his customers and their individual planning needs, so keep him in mind.

Also I would like to say thanks to my management at Woodhouse Dodge, and Woodhouse Motorsports for jumping in to help sponsor this fun event, and I can't imagine having a better weekend in June. Mark Jorgensen was there to help, as always, and we both enjoyed meeting so many other members of the Club, besides actually meeting some of our far flung customers for the first time!

Kudos go to the Colorado/Wyoming/Utah Club for the largest participation, and I can guarantee we will see attendees double next year after the word spreads about the track, the food, the party, the extras, the go karts, and on and on!!

Lastly, thanks to Ted Hughes for letting me borrow his ACR on Sunday to give a few folks thrill rides ------ I think I came out the best on this generous offer ( what a machine!). Ted also helped Keith Anderson ( Minnesota ) when he ran out of tires , by offering him usage of his Pilot Sports mounted on a spare set of rims -- definitely won the " Spirit" award for the event.

Bill Pemberton
Viper/SRT Mgr
Woodhouse Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Viper, Hurst
1-800-889-1893
cell 402-677-5864
Welcome to Woodhouse | Woodhouse Auto Family | Bellevue Omaha Blair Nebraska | Missouri Valley Iowa
[email protected]:2tu::2tu:

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kudos to what Bill said above. The whole weekend was a blast and the folks that came to the event had a great time. The track is a great course to learn a lot of skills. I would also like to thank Ted for the use of his Violet ACR on the track. It was an experience of a lifetime.

Bruce

Fursty

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We did have a great weekend! I just took a short inventory and we had every "type" of Viper I could think of.

Gen I
Gen II
Gen III
Gen IV
Gen II ACR
Gen IV ACR
ACR-X
Competition Coupe
Roadster
Coupe

We also had every "type" of driver.

Men
Women
Young Adults
Novice
Experienced

We also had every driving condition. (What else would you expect in Nebraska?)

Sunny, Cool
Sunny, Hot
Cloudy, Cool
Cloudy, Hot and Humid
Wet - not raining
Wet - raining

I will be posting many pictures soon and some in car track video. Thank you to everyone who was there and to Woodhouse for their support. Most of all thank you to George Anderson for being such a great host.

Ryan

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fantastic event! Huge thanks to Ryan Furstenau, Woodhouse Dodge, Woodhouse Motorsports, Bill Pemberton, Mark Jorgensen, and George Anderson and the staff at MPH!

Thanks to Bill P. for the hot laps in Ted's ACR!! We all know the man can sell Vipers but he can drive the hell out of them too.

I'd like to add that not only was "bump drafting" allowed in the go kart races, it was encouraged! :rolaugh:

The hot laps in the Bacardi Bus were a riot. Video coming soon.

The snakes were hungry and it was open season on the local fowl. On Friday during one of the spirited "orientation laps", a bird flew in the window of Ted's ACR, hit him in the helmet, and landed inside the car flopping around. Later on, my snake bagged two birds.

Slight clarification on the use of Ted's rims and tires. They were actually the wheels off his ACR and had Hoosier R6's mounted on them!! Very gracious of him to offer me the use of them when I got a puncture in one of my VRL's. Never got the chance to test them out though cause, expecting wet conditions, I put my 6-spokes/PS2's back on. Then in the afternoon, as Bill said, the track dried and the sun came out. Still, I ended up running my best lap time of the day on the PS2's on my last lap of the day with the fuel light on. I tried talking Ted into trading wheel's and tires but he wasn't interested. Can imagine why. :D The Sidewinders looked so good on my car I'm going to have to find a set now. Thanks Ted!

OP
OP
Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Please post the videos of you and your brother spinning, so we can vote for best Furstenau spin-out , ha!

Ryan really deserves alot of credit for this event, and both of us are determined to make next year even better --- we know those that attended will drag their friends after all the fun they had this year.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They did have an issue during the weekend with the bleeder valve on the brakes and the track was not always dry after severe thunderstorms came thru the area. Cory and Ryan were pushing the car too and made a lot of progress tracking thier car.

Bruce

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was the strangest video camera positioning I have ever seen. Pretty strange Viper proportions.

Looks like everybody had a blast...Next stop Salt Lake City!

Fursty

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would guess that section was around 60 mph. Maybe more maybe less. I came into the corner a little too quick and didn't let the car drift out to the right edge of the track like I should. Instead I tried to keep the car in the middle of the track. That was wrong.

A little too fast.
Cut the corner a little wrong.
Didn't let the car drift out.

I would like to blame it on something else like the track or the brake fluid on the tires, but it was just me.

The speed is definitely deceiving on this camera angle.

The car looks a little funny as this is a wideangle HD GoPro and it "fisheyes" the picture a little.

Ryan

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21