Future values of ACRs

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It may be self-serving but the Gen IV ACR's should be some of the most collectible and desirable of all the Vipers produced.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^^totally agree. Like the Cobra..they will never make a more straight forward high performance Viper. History will document how it decimated the Ring record and owned all current super car competition. If the PCM codes are ever released, it will be even better. All the super cars have upped the ante but heavily dependent on driver aids and techno. The new ACR doesn't have to follow this lead and will be another great car in a line of disappearing cars if they stay true to the platform. I wonder what will make the new ACR 'extreme' (Ralph's quoted comment) but I guess we will know soon enough. (Like any good marketer, Ralph may be overstating the virtues vis-a-vis the existing ACR.) I don't see the new ACR turning sub 7 min times at the Ring, which is what this Gen V ACR will need to hold the record. I would love to see it!

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As long as ACR's are the fastest, they will be the most valuable. Few will pay more money for slower.
They are fastest on track, all around they are not due to higher drag. I would call them best all around performance street legal Viper. Garage queen ACRs will be increasing in value, IMO. I am not so sure though about those that spend some time around the track.

OP
OP
doctorbob

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine has 20K miles. Never been raced. Immaculate. Splitter still in wrapper. So it is not truly a queen.
So then what do you do?

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine has 20K miles. Never been raced. Immaculate. Splitter still in wrapper. So it is not truly a queen.
So then what do you do?
I do not know, I was just stating my opinion. I am guessing you would be somewhere in between.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen 4 ACR is one bad car. If the Gen 5 doesn't have all the wings and looks more subtle, then I feel the Gen 4 will hold value well. If the Gen 5 comes out and looks equally aggressive, then the Gen 4 may lose more value.

The_Greg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see the ACR as the most desirable of the Gen III/IV body style, and as such, will hold their value the best. They will probably track a bit under used Gen 5 cars as time progresses, with the nicer examples selling for more than a average used Gen 5. Maybe this is just me though - It would be tough for me to pass up a Gen V for just a few thousand more, but I'm not a track rat.

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen 4 ACR is one bad car. If the Gen 5 doesn't have all the wings and looks more subtle, then I feel the Gen 4 will hold value well. If the Gen 5 comes out and looks equally aggressive, then the Gen 4 may lose more value.

This, assuming they produce an ACR in the future. If Gen V sales are not what Sergio wants, who knows what might happen.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As much as I love the Gen4 ACR's there is a very limited market for that type of car. In the near term they will see only slightly better resale percentage than the average used car that has been displaced by an all new model IMO. There are already used GenV's on the market and once there is a good supply of them out there you'll know the result. Let's be realistic... 99% of the high end used car buyers want all of the gadgets that the GenV has especially now that the car has more power at a lighter weight and already beat the ACR at Laguna Seca. In general it seems that the only previous generation cars and I'm talking all previous generations... cars that are selling are cars with super low mileage or a super low price.

shine

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There will always be the enthusiast market that keeps resale values (esp for low miles, unmolested, nontracked) for ACRs higher than normal. See: M3, S2000, Z06 market, even the non-cupcake Gen 2.

Beyond the enthusiasts, though, for regularly driven ACRs with normal miles, a few track days, and normal wear and tear, you'll probably see resale on par with regular Vipers.

I agree that they're the most desirable of the Gen 4, but the non-track-rat will take a pass at a scuffed ACR and take the clean regular Gen 4, assuming prices are the same.

08viperviolet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the low production numbers of ACR in the 400 for the three years I feel that they should always have a premium over the base car. Also difference in MSRP alone should stay. The 2010 ACR should be the highest value with the changes. Not sure how many are still around since a few have been wrecked.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the low production numbers of ACR in the 400 for the three years I feel that they should always have a premium over the base car. Also difference in MSRP alone should stay. The 2010 ACR should be the highest value with the changes. Not sure how many are still around since a few have been wrecked.

Same is true of Gen2 ACR's for the most part but the Genv4 ACR package is much more substantial so that should help maintain value.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2008 =179
2009 = 251
2010 = 205
_________
Total = 635

+50 ACR-X

The_Greg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ONLY the 2002 and the 2010 ACR in pristine original non modified condition with low miles will be of promising value down the road........

If we are talking investment potential versus just strong re-sale, you are correct but missing a couple: '96 B/W, '92 RT/10, GTS-R, ACR-X, Voodoo & other special editions...

By investment potential I mean you are looking for profit, like the Superbirds, Hemi Cuda's, and Yenko Camaro type of payoffs. Though, I don't know that many Vipers will escalate to that high of a price.

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What do thing will be value over time of these cars?
Will depriciate, just like about every other car out there. Just not as fast. Low miles will bring a little more money, but it all depends on what they do with the gen V. If they build another ACR which i doubt, gen IV prices will drop even further.
There are some deals on these out there, you just have to be ready to jump on them when they exist.

VRYALT3R3D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ACRs will hold their value well, but it is wishful thinking to think it is going to appreciate.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO if they build a Gen V ACR at the prices people are talking (wanting) $150k+ with flappy paddle, carbon ceramic brakes etc it will help prop the value of the Gen IV ACRs to keep them strong.

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ONLY the 2002 and the 2010 ACR in pristine original non modified condition with low miles will be of promising value down the road........

Um, 99' ACRs are more desireable over 02'. Forged motor, 708 cam, and no silly, half baked ABS that didn't work well on the track.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ACR's will always bring in the bigger money. What's worth more, an original Z-28 or a stock Camaro. Same holds true with any performance car. How much more, depends on what is desired by people at that time. Ten years ago "red" cars always seemed to bring in the money at Barrett Jackson, they called them "retail red". Today red cars don't tend to do that anymore. What will be hot in the future, who really knows, but the performance package cars will always bring more cash than the garden variety. If I were a betting man and had the cash, I'd buy a Gen IV ACR-X and the last iteration of the Dragpak Challenger, they hold two of the most proven aspects of car appreciation. Rarity and factory built street/racecar combo.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ACR's will always bring in the bigger money. What's worth more, an original Z-28 or a stock Camaro. Same holds true with any performance car. How much more, depends on what is desired by people at that time. Ten years ago "red" cars always seemed to bring in the money at Barrett Jackson, they called them "retail red". Today red cars don't tend to do that anymore. What will be hot in the future, who really knows, but the performance package cars will always bring more cash than the garden variety. If I were a betting man and had the cash, I'd buy a Gen IV ACR-X and the last iteration of the Dragpak Challenger, they hold two of the most proven aspects of car appreciation. Rarity and factory built street/racecar combo.
Neither ACR X or drag pak are street legal though ... If I was a betting man, I would go with Comp Coupe as an investment :D

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Um, 99' ACRs are more desireable over 02'. Forged motor, 708 cam, and no silly, half baked ABS that didn't work well on the track.

The ABS system was not half baked, it worked WELL. It alone was responsible for considerable change in lap times.

The desirability or 99 vs 02 is strictly in the eyes of the buyer. Only mild-modder "keep it original" folks will choose a 99 over an 02. Anyone who is going to do anything of any major consequence should choose the 2002. The parts you list will be changed regardless, and the ABS system has a MUCH higher "value" than a few better OEM engine parts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper