Future Viper Designers?

escapedan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I ran across this small article on autoblog today. It talks about Lancia Centro Stile sketches that might make interesting Chryslers. Got me thinking this could become a part of future Viper plans.

Disclaimer - I apologize in advance if we are not allowed to post links to other automotive websites here. I am in no way affiliated with Autoblog, just a reader.

Lancia Centro Stile sketches would make interesting Chryslers — Autoblog

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The feature pic looks cool but the actual car rarely looks like the concept drawings...

The other pictures appear to be the offspring of a Pontiac Vibe with a Nissan Murano...

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with PatentLaw....those look very similar to some other sketches I have seen. It's an ok look, but I'd guess that car to be an electric if I saw it on the street. It lacks that American muscle quality.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Let's see, if we do a chronology on a Mr. Ralph Gilles , he;

1. Came to Chrysler out of design school , only because of the Viper.
2. He was given the task of designing a Coupe from the Gen III vert with a budget of $2.50 ( okay an exaggeration , but it was a pittance to accomplish such a bold move )
3. He is now the Head of Design at Chrysler, and , er...........
4. He is the CEO of Dodge
5. He has the first ACR built and he was instrumental in it's design.

Hence, no worries , the new Viper will be designed by none other than Ralph Gilles --- history, Viper owner's and common sense all dictate that!!

It will have a very strong family resemblance , but it will have a definite RG touch!!!:headbang:

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's see, if we do a chronology on a Mr. Ralph Gilles , he;

1. Came to Chrysler out of design school , only because of the Viper.
2. He was given the task of designing a Coupe from the Gen III vert with a budget of $2.50 ( okay an exaggeration , but it was a pittance to accomplish such a bold move )
3. He is now the Head of Design at Chrysler, and , er...........
4. He is the CEO of Dodge
5. He has the first ACR built and he was instrumental in it's design.

Hence, no worries , the new Viper will be designed by none other than Ralph Gilles --- history, Viper owner's and common sense all dictate that!!

It will have a very strong family resemblance , but it will have a definite RG touch!!!:headbang:

So what you're saying is that I need to hurry up and pay off my Gen-IV to make room in the budget for a Gen-V? Great...that's just great. Tammy will be thrilled to hear that. Thanks Bill, really. :lmao:

OP
OP
E

escapedan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like your logic Bill!

What about the new Corvette design (I think the concept was in the latest Transformers movie, but I'm not sure)? It seems to have kept a bit of the American Muscle image.

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Angles and edges were played out with the F-117 Stealth, go back to the curves of the Gen I and II; they had it right the first time. If people want a car that looks like a Corvette...they'll buy a Corvette.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Angles and edges were played out with the F-117 Stealth, go back to the curves of the Gen I and II; they had it right the first time. If people want a car that looks like a Corvette...they'll buy a Corvette.

I dunno....to me, these are both beautiful cars....

You must be registered for see images attach

and this isn't horrible either....

You must be registered for see images

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 9 designs that are in the CTC Studio represent much of the original, but in a more aggressive style. The design that seems to be the favorite at this time is truly bad ass when you compare it to the previous Viper drawings, which were present next to the new ones. So if the clay model can keep the aggression then you will ahve the baddest asp looking viper to date. The funny thing is that the front looks all new, nothing like the previous versions, thent he sides make you think about the original and the back gets very angular, so it really is a mix of all.

Now lets all go buy lots of Chrysler products so Ralph can get the funding needed to build this for us.