Garage flooring help.

Discussion in 'Sneaky Pete's Place' started by christ001, Jan 1, 2017.

1. christ001

christ001 Enthusiast

Happy New Year guys! I am looking for a small advice here, if you can help me. Recently I have installed a lift table in my garage. I had to dig some holes to make it like what I was looking for. Now everything is set and I am planning to put the final touches by adding an epoxy floor coating. I have heard they last long. Is it true? I don't know about any other better solutions. So if there is any, can someone suggest me one? I have seen epoxy coated floor at a friends workshop and it looks good, but not sure if it has any drawbacks. It would be great if someone could advise me about it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2017
  2. pitdad

pitdad VCA Member - South

I have 15 year old epoxied floors in my garage and shop and they have held up well.

Preparation and quality epoxy are the keys here. I used industrial grade epoxy. Stay away from the garbage at the big box stores.

Post a picture of your floor and lift when you're done.

3. Brass Monkey ACR E

Brass Monkey ACR E VCA Member - Great Lakes

I had industrial epoxy put down and was prepped correctly
    Only lasted 5 years then started bubbling up and pieces started lifting
    My garage is just for car storage not a working garage

4. TalonTSi90

TalonTSi90 Enthusiast

Spammer .

5. 3whitevipers

3whitevipers VCA Member - South

I used porcelain tile (12x12) which is positively bullet proof. Well worth the effort. I too had previous issues with epoxy--Dave

6. AZTVR

AZTVR Enthusiast

I agree that it is suspicious. Post appears to be solely to insert a hyperlink which is a well known method to try to improve website ranking by search engines.

There is another post by a one-time poster with very similar verbiage and a link to the same website, although that forum broke the link.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2017