Garage Organization suggestions wanted

Reaction score
I am fitting a new garage 24" wide, 33 feet deep, with a 20 foot ceiling.

No windows, entrance to garage is by a 12x14 roll-up and a normal size hinged door; there is a std door on the wall opposite the rool-up.

As much as practical I want a show case look. Lots of storage, with work bench(10' to 30') space. I plan to have a lift(perhaps two) and will have 3 or four cars in the garage.

Do you have info for laying out the space?

Two units are being considered are made by:
http://www.baldheadcabinets.com/workshop.html
http://www.listaintl.com/

Looking for metal systems.

Thanks for your ideas.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call Steve at the Ultimate Garage link is in marketplace under the VCA sight .I was in to see him he has great ideas and carries everything you want at a great price.

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fred,
If you consider going with wood instead of metal, I know of a good Bay Area cabinet maker. Anything from hardwoods to powder coated MDF. Not real fast, but reasonable, and does very nice work.
His shop is located near HP Pavilion, and he builds most everything there himself.
Quintero's Custom Cabinets
Ricardo Quintero
408-279-8396

jrkermode

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That 12x14 door seems a bit narrow to comfortably get 2 cars through side by side. Perhaps 2 post of single post lifts could be laid out to work (really depends on exactly where the door is along the wall.)

As for the showcase effect, I think that has more to do with all the memorabilia than with the cabinets.

Pay a visit to fellow Norcal VCA member Dick DeLuna. He has a fun garage (or at least he did when I saw it several years ago).

OP
OP
F
Reaction score
All, thanks for the tips.

Garage is 24' wide and 33' deep. No need to get 2 side by side in the door way as the garage is very deep easy to but two in a row and side by side. But that would take away the use of walls for work benches etc.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All, thanks for the tips.

Garage is 24' wide and 33' deep. No need to get 2 side by side in the door way as the garage is very deep easy to but two in a row and side by side. But that would take away the use of walls for work benches etc.

Before I added onto my shop, it was 24' x 32'..... with a 14' door on the 24' wide end. I found it cumbersome to get a second car in when one car was alread in. When I extended the shop to 24' x 46'. I put two '9 wide garage doors in the 24' end and this works fantastic.

5Dscn3257-med.jpg

RE your first question, Lista Cabinets are fantastic. They are industrial cabinets with Ball bearing slides that are indestructable. We use the in the factory I work at. But, there are other options if this is the direction you wish to go. Stanley Vidmar for one. I have listed many on the Ultimate Garage Page in the Marketplace. Dura, Facom, Lista, Stanley Vidmar are all excellent and have all the components needed to make unreal showplaces.

If you go Steves site, you'll see some nice garages he has done in Facom.
Ultimategarage.com

Custom wood cabinets may be eqivalent in price, I used a combination of wood cabinets and Craftsman Tool Boxes in my shop.... but if i could have afforded a Lista or Dura cabinet setup, I would have done that!

All of the above companies have exensive catalogs, I'd recommend calling the contact numbers on the sites and getting catalogs sent..... they wil give you great ideas. Also, feel free to drop me an email, I have many sketches I did for my shop cabinets, since your shop is similar in size, maybe some of them will give you a few ideas.

OP
OP
F
Reaction score
Hi Chuck,

Will be attending the Skip Barber VCA Program tomorrow at Laguna Seca. This is my 14th Skip Barber program. March 11, 12 and 13th at Thunderhill. :headbang:

Chuck come join the fun at Thunderhill! :2tu:

I feel every Viper or owner of a High Performance car should take driving schools as much as possible. Especially when someone gets their first Viper and has no experience with massive torque. I have watched SCCA instructors lose Vipers because of their over confidence. My main objective is to lower the new Viper owner accident rate. To many people and cars do not survive the first week of ownership. :)

Chuck what is your objective and contribution to the VCA? :confused:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck what is your objective and contribution to the VCA? :confused:

That's got me confused too. I suppose I'll just continue to wander aimlessly until I find my way or somebody pushes me.

Gonna try to do the VD leg out your way next year. Wanted to this year but couldn't line things up in time. Got to run those Cali tracks before I die. :2tu:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine