Garage size for fitting a lift...?

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am wondering what kind of dimensions are required to fit a lift into a garage....

I am looking at a house with a 3 car garage measuring 28' wide x 20' deep x 10' high.....

will it fit? or do I need to have a 12' high ceiling?

thanks!

Brooks

Bill 96 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are going to stack two cars you need the height of the two cars plus about 8" for a four post lift. A 10 foot ceiling will not let you stand fully upright under the car to work on it but it's close. Get a jack bridge for the lift so you can remove tires etc. Mine is from Autolifters.

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in the process of building my garage/shop...30 feet wide, 30 feet deep and 15 foot ceilings...

Personally, you really need at LEAST 12 -13 feet to use a lift...then you may have to worry about leaving the hood up and banging the ceiling. I went 15 so that I could install a loft that I could walk on and if I decide to put my truck on the lift I don't have to worry about the hood hitting the ceiling of open.

With 10 foot ceilings you are limited as far as working underneath. My suggestion is to find another house or just build onto the existing garage with high ceilings...

Remember one thing as "Mark O" always says...think of your dream garage and multiply the size twice...

Performin Norman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good advice from you all. I have a lift and have 14 foot ceilings. 10 is pretty tight but will work. I would look for taller ceilings.

You must be registered for see images

Let me know if you need any more particulars. Always glad to help out.

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The local Planners wouldn't allow me to have any higher than 8' ceilings, (I live in a historical City) so I'm digging down, and down, and down, still... (I have bulging biceps and a broken back, but...) I will have that lift! (Or see daylight soon when I come out in Australia!) I don't advise going down (!) try and get a high ceiling if you can, 12' minimum!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456