Gen 1/2 Lamin-X Headlight Protectant Group Buy

Reaction score
We've been a proud distributor for Lamin-X for more than 3 years and with the recent posts about people wanting to pick up a set, I thought I'd throw together a group buy for forum members and save everyone ~ 20%...

Lamin-X is a high quality lens protection film that is an easy DIY install and protects your headlight lenses from rock pitting, chipping and even cracking. GREAT for those that get some track time especially.

We'll allow this pricing to run for 2 weeks and will placing the order for all of the sets on March 23rd. Shouldn't take more than 2 weeks (so you'd likely be seeing these 2nd week in April).

If you're interested in a colored set (yellow, tint, gunsmoke, or blue), those are available too :headbang:

Through the group buy, the price will be $50 + true cost of shipping.

To order, go ahead and contact Tony @ the shop and he'll get everything sorted out for payment

(310)841-6996

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have examples? I have a Gen 2 bumblebee and would like to smoke the headlights and fog lights. Are the fog lights available?
Do you have photos of the difference between smoked and tinted?
Is this stuff easily removable?

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Curious as well--the Lamin-x website shows headlight and foglight covers as a set under the label "headlight covers" (Dodge Viper (92-02) Headlight Covers). Do the sets you're selling come with fogs too?

I'm on their site right now (which seems to have some difficulties) but am sure that the "set" does not include the foglights (which are a $17.95 add-on). We can definitely include them in your purchase for an additional $15.

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have found that using a headlight film like Lamin-X can be a good investment. The plastic headlight lenses our Vipers can show the signs of age from rock chips and discoloring from the sun. Over time these lenses become "fogged" from exposure or get a "sandblasted" appearance from pitting. For those who have had to replace a headlight or have them refinished (polish process) you know this is not cheap.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vendor group buys need to be in the GB section. Thanks. (I made a permanent redirect in the original location).

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm on their site right now (which seems to have some difficulties) but am sure that the "set" does not include the foglights (which are a $17.95 add-on). We can definitely include them in your purchase for an additional $15.

I order a set yesterday morning and it specifcally asked me what color fogs I wanted when I ordered the headlight kit. They are also pictured when ordering.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
I order a set yesterday morning and it specifcally asked me what color fogs I wanted when I ordered the headlight kit. They are also pictured when ordering.

Great... as soon as I can confirm, I'll get that updated! For some reason, the site is having a hard time displaying pictures for me...

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
do they make the taillight ones?

Doesn't appear that they do... We have been doing some paint-smoking of Challenger taillights here at the shop (we send you the smoked lights and you send us your stock stuff in exchange)... Let me talk to Dan and see if we have any taillights in good shape around the shop...

Is this a one time install or can it be removed and reused later?

You would not be able to re-install these...

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not interested in paint smoked taillights. I can do paint smoking but due to the laws here (which I found out the hard way) it is illegal and would need to be able to remove if necessary.