Gen 1 door popper install

V10Brit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anyone have an illustrated door popper install guide, i have hte written guide from the member's section but as I've had the car 1 week and this is the first thing I'll be doing this weekend, pictures would sure help! :uk:

Mutts02GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is yours not working electrically? inside/outside button or both, I had broken wires inside the rubber sleeve that runs from the front of the door to the frame. This did fix other issues I had with the car but like you I had to replace the door popper unit itself, have you priced the replacement yet? YIKES! The replacement on my drivers side 02 wasn't difficult to perform, three torx head bolts on the popper itself. two electrical connections, and the emergency release cable connection the goes up to the release lever on the door frame. Welcome to the club! Jeff

OP
OP
V

V10Brit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is yours not working electrically? inside/outside button or both, I had broken wires inside the rubber sleeve that runs from the front of the door to the frame. This did fix other issues I had with the car but like you I had to replace the door popper unit itself, have you priced the replacement yet? YIKES! The replacement on my drivers side 02 wasn't difficult to perform, three torx head bolts on the popper itself. two electrical connections, and the emergency release cable connection the goes up to the release lever on the door frame. Welcome to the club! Jeff

Not issues as such, the car doesn't have poppers as a Gen 1, you have to put your hand inside and use the door release handle. Have all the equipment now so hopefully will get this complete in the next few days...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude