Gen 1 stereo and temp controls flip?

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, so I'd like to add a nav system to my Gen 1 ... not really looking for stereo as you can't really hear it unless parked anyway :)

Question is, I noticed on Gen 2 that the temp controls are on bottom and stereo is on top. On Gen 1, stereo is on bottom and temp controls on top. This leads to the unfortunate situation where a flip out nav system will hit the shifter and generally getting to stereo controls is more difficult. Is it possible to flip the Gen 1 so temp is on bottom and stereo on top?

OP
OP
V

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, the screen would cover the vents, but in an RT I fail to see the reason the vents exist ... there are those rare time a roof is on I guess

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, the screen would cover the vents, but in an RT I fail to see the reason the vents exist ... there are those rare time a roof is on I guess

In that case cut out the ac vents and you won't need the controls and stick an ipad in there :rolaugh:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

A common misconception about ******* cars. Roof on or off, the A/C still works and is still cool and still cools the driver. It was nice when mine worked but it's been broken for five years.

OP
OP
V

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I prefer to use the foot / windshield setting for heat/ac .... for some reason, coming straight out the dash vents it never really seems to get warm or cold

OP
OP
V

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course, after my last post, I remember how the heat / cool airflow works .... it would be a shame to block the cold airflow

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62