Gen 2 ACR spanks new Z06

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I drove 200 miles to the Laker's Spring Round-up Car show yesterday. Did shopping for my General Store (supplies) and attended the BBQ, then the Cruise to do a parade lap through Thunder Raceway just out of town between heats (CASCAR). Filmed by the local Shaw Cable channel, we'll be on TV. Then we all headed back for the Transformers movie at the temporary Drive-in.

You must be registered for see images

Car show was sunny all day and I darkened my tan hanging around my 2000 ACR. Over 200 cars were on display downtown Williams Lake from 8am to 3:30pm. I tried to purchase a sign so that I could list the modifications (Paxton, Corsa, Unitrax, stereo, Nitrous, Macedo, etc.) but that never showed up so my car sat there with no info or display :(

Biggest competition was a band new spotless Black Z06. Kicked his asp and he had to settle for 2nd place :lmao::lmao:. No supercharger and no Nitrous, his 505bhp was no match for the 920 crank hp of the ACR and I don't think that his Z06 would be anywhere close on a road course since my ACR has racing shocks, upgraded brakes, nearly double his hp (but we wouldn't bother with the Nitrous:rolleyes:), new NON-runcrap tires like a vette has. So the Z06 lost in looks and wouldn't have been able to win any competition against the OLD Viper.:2tu:

As you can see in the picture, the most important display item is the yellow (HSSSSSS, Mopar Boy notice?) FIRST place plaque against my front tire at 3:30 as people are leaving.

Another landmark victory for Mopar! None of my GTSs have ever come in second place to any vette. There were about 6 older (mid 70-80s) "rare" commemorative or "anniversary" editions at the show. Several collector SS Mopars were in attendence with a 69 Charger and a 69 440-6pck with widened wheeltube and ET Street tries was pretty normal looking for a stupendous 9 sec car. A S/C 56 Belair was in a side parking lot and ever 1 1/2 hour he would start his car, rev it a bit, load it on the trans brake a few times, rev it some more and then shut it off. 2 v8 trikes in the Harley display with one actually towing a trailer.

Ted

Last edited:

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great Job Ted! Interesting collection of cars in the parade lap. Everything from a 20Hp Ford Model T Depot Hack to a 900+HP Viper....crazy!

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

As you can see in the picture, the most important display item is the yellow (HSSSSSS, Mopar Boy notice?) FIRST place plaque against my front tire at 3:30 as people are leaving.

Another ladmark victory for Mopar! None of my GTSs have ever come in second place to any vette. There were about 6 older (mid 70-80s) "rare" commemorative or "anniversary" editions at the show. Several collector SS Mopars were in attendence with a 69 Charger and a 69 440-6pck with widened wheeltube and ET Street tries was pretty normal looking for a stupendous 9 sec car. A S/C 56 Belair was in a side parking lot and ever 1 1/2 hour he would start his car, rev it a bit, load it on the trans brake a few times, rev it some more and then shut it off. 2 v8 trikes in the Harley display with one actually towing a trailer.

Ted

Congratulations Ted, :2tu:

Do you mean there was only one class? They must have heard a YELLOW VIPER was coming to the show so they already had the trophy color coded to match.:lmao:

How to go!! Another mark for the good guys.:headbang:

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks, I won a door prize and grabbed a box of shop towels and can of glass cleaner.

Right now I'm building some more cupholders for the ACR before leaving to Edmonton. It was sprinkling today and I used that to clean the bugs off the nose of the ACR. I did need good old Windex to clean the windshield though.

I parked the ACR in the garage and dried it off with some microfiber towels.

Ted

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets