GEN 2 Owners - Do you Wanna Go FAST?

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK Steve, are you going to produce these splitters for the Gen2? I don't want that fancy carbon fiber...fiberglass is just fine. Any idea when these will be available and for how much? I'm getting the mod itch in the dead of winter around here.

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK Steve, are you going to produce these splitters for the Gen2? I don't want that fancy carbon fiber...fiberglass is just fine. Any idea when these will be available and for how much? I'm getting the mod itch in the dead of winter around here.

Hey Tony,

I have 4 fiberglass ones ready to ship!

Here are some pics

Give me a call, I can get one in a box tomorrow!

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen those but there is a huge difference between a FAUX splitter made of ABS and a real one, also there is a big difference between a splitter that is bolted to flexible urethane fascia/bumper vs one that is bolted to the frame and is adjusted by high quality hardware (splitter cables) and allows tuning of your front down-force.

The splitter I got made was for looks. It weighed under 3lbs and is made out of high compress styrene 3/8" thick. I don't plan on mass producing and selling them, the one I got made for my car is for sale for 250 plus shipping because I m going a different route with the front end, hopefully a fully custom front bumper...currently in the process of looking for someone to make it...

Steve I m really liking the ACR wing. I think it will look great on a GTS. Any discounts for the first buyer? I can provide pics of the product installed on my GTS :2tu:

PM me a price :)

Last edited:

X-Metal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
guys i recently got 2 splitters and a wing for my GEN4 and Gen 2.
steve's work is very nice. i'll try to post some pics real soon.
the splitter for my Gen2 is going to make the car look incredble. i am really looking forward to getting it installed.
thanks Steve.:)

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
guys i recently got 2 splitters and a wing for my GEN4 and Gen 2.
steve's work is very nice. i'll try to post some pics real soon.
the splitter for my Gen2 is going to make the car look incredble. i am really looking forward to getting it installed.
thanks Steve.:)

Looking forward to the pics. I'm trying very hard to save up money quickly to purchase one of Steve's fiberglass front splitter for my Gen2. I must have it.

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking forward to the pics. I'm trying very hard to save up money quickly to purchase one of Steve's fiberglass front splitter for my Gen2. I must have it.

Good job our vipers are not parked side by side;)..................

Looking forward to the pics.......

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beware...Here is what happens when you have inferior aero parts on your car...YouTube - Element Tuning Time Attack STi 148 MPH Crash. Failed Spoiler

Thanks for that Post Boxer, that wing in that video is an APR wing, like what Jon B sells in his ACR clone packages, the owners of the car mention it in the comments section below the video.

One thing most people DO NOT KNOW that the ACR factory wings use of cheap cast aluminum in all the hardware,

Here are a few pics of wing mounts that have sheared off, these are pics of wrecked cars that I have collected the pictures from as they show up on auction sites. I guess one can assume that either the wing sheared off and caused the damage to the car , much like your video, Boxer12, or that the car crashed and the wing then became a projectile that sheared off the car and ended up somewhere, either in a fence, on the ground, the back of the head of the driver, or into the crowds/stands.

This weakness in the factory setup is exactly why Vipair Performance uses T6-6061 aluminum for all its' wing stantions and wing mounts instead of cast aluminum like the factory does. We also use .5 inch thick stantions vs the factory .375 inch and our mounts are welded aluminum T6-6061, again unlike the factory cast aluminum pieces.

The Factory (DODGE) does not warranty any of the Aero devices on the ACR cars once the car has been raced

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another example of the quality of the Vipair hardware is the splitter support cables,

Factory splitter support cables

Vipair Performance splitter support cables

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth