Gen 2 race clutches.............

VJR3

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What is going to be the best clutch system.............dual or triple........dual carbon or triple metallic......cant afford a triple carbon, sigh.........its going on a pretty dedicated time trial 97 GTS weighing in at about 3,100 lbs, 3.33 gears, 345/35R18s hoosiers........stock motor/stock transmission......looking to drop some rotational weight.........Was looking at Tilton, RSI, and BBG (wondering if they had an ACR-X style cluch set up for a Gen 2)........any help would be great.......

NI-KA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any of the site vendors can help.

I went with a clutch from
BAD BOYZZ GARAGE.

Give Toddy a call. I have been happy with the clutch and am making more torque and power than stock.

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ditto! Talk to Toddy. He was telling me he has a whole new clutch system engineered for the GEN2. He will treat you right!

Tail lights

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would think with stock horsepower or something close to it, any clutch would work. you want to get the lightest 1 that you can afford. I believe the clutch that BBG sells is only downsized to 12 inch. the smaller diameter double disc would be the way to go.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stock is fine for anything NA. Spend the $$$ on a flywheel as that will save you about 10lbs

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ain't it the same clutch from 92 to 06 or what? .....so it's not genII specific right? You can use any hi-perf listed gen III clutch in your car, as it's the same anyway.

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is going to be the best clutch system.............dual or triple........dual carbon or triple metallic......cant afford a triple carbon, sigh.........its going on a pretty dedicated time trial 97 GTS weighing in at about 3,100 lbs, 3.33 gears, 345/35R18s hoosiers........stock motor/stock transmission......looking to drop some rotational weight.........Was looking at Tilton, RSI, and BBG (wondering if they had an ACR-X style cluch set up for a Gen 2)........any help would be great.......

VJR3,

Sounds like a nice build your working on and yes we do build our ACR-X clutch kit in a Gen 2 Viper GTS fitment. Avaliable as well is our new BBG Viper Competition HRB Slave Cylinder Kit that includes an adjustable pedal stop and a modified new Mopar master cylinder. We've finsihed our testing and are currently installing our new HRB kits in 6 ACR-X Vipers and several highly modified ACR-X Klones.. I'll post a few pictures up and start a thread shorlty to debut our kit..

Our clutch kits offer many performance advantages over the OE unit for track & drag strip applications.

PM sent.

Thnx,

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE
Toddy Gomez
(916) 505-9026
Info@Badboyzzgarage

=DISTRIBUTORS OF POWER=:usa:

Last edited:

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VJR3,

Sounds like a nice build your working on and yes we do build our ACR-X clutch kit in a Gen 2 Viper GTS fitment. Avaliable as well is our new BBG Viper Competition HRB Slave Cylinder Kit that includes an adjustable pedal stop and a modified new Mopar master cylinder. We've finsihed our testing and are currently installing our new HRB kits in 6 ACR-X Vipers and several highly modified ACR-X Klones.. I'll post a few pictures up and start a thread shorlty to debut our kit..

Our clutch kits offer many performance advantages over the OE unit for track & drag strip applications.

PM sent.

Thnx,

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE
Toddy Gomez
(916) 505-9026
Info@Badboyzzgarage

"This".../\ /\/\/\/\........:2tu:

FWIW....Toddy's clutch systems come with a lightweight flywheel....

You will like the lighter flywheel. The car revs up and down much faster. The clutch won't fade in the heat either. This would obviously help on an AutoX course....

Have you tried some lightweight rotors and/or lightweight wheels to help reduce the unsprung weight?

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

Here's a few photos of our BBG Viper Competition HRB Slave Cylinder vs. OE Mopar. You'll be amazed of the positive pedal feel and clutch control along with our "in line" pedal adjuster to allow each driver to fine tune to their clutch pedal to their preffered driving style. We built this kit for the ACR-X race cars, so you know they're bullet proof and to ensure a high level of quality control I personally assemble, set-up and check fitment of each kit on our TR6060 fixture before leaving our faciltiy..:usa:

We'll post more pictures or better yet start a new thread shortly and show all the components that make up our Competition HRB kits..

Avaliable for all year Dodge Viper's.. Give us a call to get your kit built!

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE
Toddy Gomez
(916) 505-9026
[email protected]

(BBG Viper Competition HRB Slave Cylinder Kit)

(Viper Mopar OE)

Last edited:

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much for the upgraded slave?

BBG Viper Competition HRB Slave Cylinder Kit (w/Steel Braided Lines & Connector Fittings): $525
Mopar Modified Viper Master Cylinder (Steel Connector Fittings Installed): $165
BBG Viper In-Line Pedal Adjuster (Hydraulic Accumulator w/Steel Braided Line & Connector Fittings): $155

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE
Toddy Gomez
(916) 505-9026
[email protected]

Last edited: