Gen 4 exhaust question

CaptainDavid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my gen lll the exhaust system wrapped around the seats toexit on opposite sides. Ie, the rightheader exited on the left side, etc.
The question is does my gen lV do the same. Someone said it didn’t. Otherwise I will need Corsa’s
Thanks guys

Herc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my gen lll the exhaust system wrapped around the seats toexit on opposite sides. Ie, the rightheader exited on the left side, etc.
The question is does my gen lV do the same. Someone said it didn’t. Otherwise I will need Corsa’s
Thanks guys

As stated in the above post it does not. Option, and cheap, if you are looking for a bit more sound remove the stock muffler (side pipe) and replace with plain straight exhaust
pipe with the stock tips. I did this on my 09 and it worked great, nicer sound and no drone. If you don't like it all it cost was a bit of your time and and a couple 3 to 4 foot
sections on pipe.

Herc

ZZ SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As stated in the above post it does not. Option, and cheap, if you are looking for a bit more sound remove the stock muffler (side pipe) and replace with plain straight exhaust
pipe with the stock tips. I did this on my 09 and it worked great, nicer sound and no drone. If you don't like it all it cost was a bit of your time and and a couple 3 to 4 foot
sections on pipe.

Herc

Do you have a video or sound clip of your car? I've been considering this for my '08 but didn't know if it would drone or tick the neighbors off...

Herc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have a video or sound clip of your car? I've been considering this for my '08 but didn't know if it would drone or tick the neighbors off...

Sorry, sold my VOI 10 (yes I am a ********), that is why I just bought a built 06 coupe. No drone, not loud and will not piss of the neighbors like a 3 in Corsa. Just a nice low
rumble at idle that increases with revs. IMO the best compromise between stock and having to wear ear plugs. Like I said it's cheap, all you need is a length of pipe, if you
don't like it it's not like you paid 1k for Corsa.

Herc

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
A little exhaust trivia here. We remove the crossover exhaust on the 03-06 models. It frees up a little power and reduces heat.

On the 08-10 models with headers/ with or without cats (track only). We found adding the crossover increased torque by 30 in the mid to high rpm range without any loss of power. I think adding the H-pipe allows the newer high reving engine to scavenge better.

We did it quiet a car down for Laguna Seca sound rules and had an unexpected side effect. We backed this up on 2 following cars.

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A little exhaust trivia here. We remove the crossover exhaust on the 03-06 models. It frees up a little power and reduces heat.

On the 08-10 models with headers/ with or without cats (track only). We found adding the crossover increased torque by 30 in the mid to high rpm range without any loss of power. I think adding the H-pipe allows the newer high reving engine to scavenge better.

We did it quiet a car down for Laguna Seca sound rules and had an unexpected side effect. We backed this up on 2 following cars.

WOW ! Very interesting reverse engineering !
Should this also work on Gen V ?

OP
OP
C

CaptainDavid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. upgrade the exaust without spending a viper buck ($1000) Definately will try that Herc ! Dan I once installed a 3" catback with hi flows on a gen ll and lost horspower!!

Thanks guys

JPUConn

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Anyone looking to add the crossover in CT can have my '06 take-off with mufflers (no cat) before I recycle it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang