You must be registered for see images

And then..... SHAZAAAAM!

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can you run it without the airbox and tubes? ;) It's perfect the way it is now. Shame you have to cover up that candy.

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
UPDATE - Car build is complete. Last to go in was the intake tubes and catch can....

Dan has already logged a hundred miles on the car and will be tuning on a dyno shortly. CAN'T F_ _KING WAIT!

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys as soon as the weather cooperates, it will be tuned on the dyno. Could possibly be today....

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Richie. I am hoping one day in the next two weeks. Dan hopefully will be done tuning and have some power numbers by the end of this week.

We need to get together soon! Been too long.

When are you planning to go pick it up?

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just a heads up that street tuning is pretty much done, just another day on that before we get to working it in on the dyno between the damn rain drops here. The rain here is a killer this time of the year, it has been raining 5-6 days a week the last 3 weeks or so, and this nonsense doesnt usually stop until mid-may. [Or in some cases, october... lol]

As you guys can imagine, driving this car in the rain, or even risking it for that matter, is just simply NOT an option. Having to detail and re-polish half of this engine compartment is not exactly on my list of favorite things to do, LOL!

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well, the numbers are in!

This car just put down to the wheels: 613.5 HP, 589 Ft/Lbs. Peak Power was made at 5950 RPM, and Peak Torque at 5100 RPM.

As noted earlier in the thread, this was built with zero-compromise on the low-end and driveability, that was a primary stipulation. Boy... did it deliver. The car sounds incredible, drives as well as stock, makes just shy of 500 Ft/Lbs at 1500 RPM, still cranks out a hair over 700 crank horsepower... and I don't have to tell anyone how good it looks.

Personally, I think this car is just about at the limit of NA horsepower before you start to give up something somewhere else, be it low end torque, idle quality, surging, lack of vacuum, etc. There is of course middle ground that can satisfy most people before getting to the point of "extreme", but I know where Tom is coming from on this one. I have another car here right now as well that has a camshaft about 4 degrees larger on in/ex, and 1 degree less LSA, and it is definitely a different animal in the driveability department.

EDIT: Since a few have asked elsewhere, it is also worth noting that;
-This package is absolutely 640-660 RWHP capable with an alternate camshaft, for those who are willing to make a few sacrifices in the name of peak power.
-This car was Dyno'd HOT. No cold dyno run cheating, manifold icing, or any of that stuff. Every pull was done with a heat soaked engine at 190+ coolant temp.
-These heads are NOT ported if you missed it earlier in the thread.

Overall, I think my final conclusion is that there may be a card game, or a fight to the death over whether or not Tom gets this car back. I want to keep this one. :lmao:

Last edited:

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, the numbers are in!

This car just put down to the wheels: 613.5 HP, 589 Ft/Lbs. Peak Power was made at 5950 RPM, and Peak Torque at 5100 RPM.

As noted earlier in the thread, this was built with zero-compromise on the low-end and driveability, that was a primary stipulation. Boy... did it deliver. The car sounds incredible, drives as well as stock, makes just shy of 500 Ft/Lbs at 1500 RPM, still cranks out a hair over 700 crank horsepower... and I dont have to tell anyone how good it looks.

Personally, I think this car is just about at the limit of NA horsepower before you start to give up something somewhere else.

Overall, I think my final conclusion is that there may be a card game, or a fight to the death over whether or not Tom gets this car back. I want to keep this one. :lmao:

Great numbers! Car looks amazing. :2tu:

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan so I guess it does run as good as it looks.

Man those are some sick numbers. That is amazing considering that there is zero affect to drivability. That is 113 rwhp higher than our bas run. I think you might have outdid yourself on this one. 500lbs of torque at 1500? Unreal.

As for getting it back, I am not a big gambler but I am a south paw with heavy hands. Haha. Or you can always give me your car in a trade????

Thanks again Dan. This couldn't have turned out any better.

Well, the numbers are in!This car just put down to the wheels: 613.5 HP, 589 Ft/Lbs. Peak Power was made at 5950 RPM, and Peak Torque at 5100 RPM. As noted earlier in the thread, this was built with zero-compromise on the low-end and driveability, that was a primary stipulation. Boy... did it deliver. The car sounds incredible, drives as well as stock, makes just shy of 500 Ft/Lbs at 1500 RPM, still cranks out a hair over 700 crank horsepower... and I dont have to tell anyone how good it looks. Personally, I think this car is just about at the limit of NA horsepower before you start to give up something somewhere else.Overall, I think my final conclusion is that there may be a card game, or a fight to the death over whether or not Tom gets this car back. I want to keep this one. :lmao:

Last edited:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Getting pretty damn exciting now, can't wait to drool over that motor.
X-mas in May!

repiv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congrats on the sweet build. those billet TB's are sick Dan

Frank

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Guys!

Here are the dyno sheets:

Baseline before tuning

After tuning

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/149419_10100593084795268_15717624_48400888_50979833_n.jpg

Difficult to see crude overlay of the gains [I will see if I can reprint these to the same scaling next time I am at the dyno... the scaling is making the gains look smaller as the original pull is more "zoomed in"

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Picking up the car today and Dan should be here any minute. Can't F__king wait to see it and hear it for the first time. The suspense is killing me....

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys just catching up now after picking up the car from Dan. First I want to say that Dan is a top notch guy. Not only is he one of the brightest builder/tuners out there, he is very personable and built my car as if it was his own.... The caliber of this build is second to none. There are tons of custom-oneoff touches on this build that set it apart from all others. The final product is amazing.

As for driving impressions, first I want to address two specific details I told Dan right from the beginning regarding the build. First I didn't want drivability issues whatsoever. The ability to start the car on the first shot, idle, and be able to handle NY traffic was extremely important. Second I didnt want to sacrifice low end torque for high end horsepower. Lastly I wanted at least 575-600 rwhp. Well after picking it up and driving 250 miles home, I must say that Dan met and exceeded all my expectations. You obviously can see the power it is making which is amazing (613 and 589 at the wheels) but what you don't know is the car idles perfectly at 750 rpm, torque off idle is amazing, the car drives better than stock and that is not an exaggeration. The new power makes it easier to drive at any speed and what ever Dan did during the tuning process smoothed out my idle, pauses in engine deceleration and shifting. Car runs like stock with just a ton more power. The sound is sick and you can literally tell the difference in the amount of air this beast is breathing just by the sound. It sounds like a cross between a big cammed big block and a Viper. It is intoxicating.

Since it is saturday morning the car will get its first bath and hope to snap some of my own shots for your viewing pleasure. I will even try to get a video or two.

Thanks again Dan. Absolutely amazing!

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I just want to thank Tom for the opportunity to do what we do best, and really produce a unique car that in my opinion quite literally is perfect. I encourage anyone in the area to go take a look at this car, I am sure you will be impressed. Power Without Sacrifice.

Perfection. That is our only requirement.

Final pictures snapped on the way to deliver:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online