Gen IV rock guards??

purplesnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm trying to understand what there is about clear bra not to like, especially on and under the sills where it is virtually invisible.
If you like the look of the mud flaps, fine but what is there NOT to like about clear bra?
I'm serious.

I sure am happy you are serious. You just proved my point. Never have I considered my opinion, the only one to be considered. :rolleyes:

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the reasons I went with Jon's setup, was in great measure by my experience with clear bra on the White Mamba. I noticed that the heat of the cat's/mufflers on the sills began to discolor the clearbra (yellowing); on the raffle car, I was concerned about the heat from the Belangers headers,high flow cats, and exhaust. I have taken my ACR to several car shows and most spectators think they (Jon's guards) are stock.

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have clear-bra coated front, sills, and "strike zones" behind the wheels... and when I'm picking up rubber during a track day I get these smudges that are difficult to remove without isopropanol or similar solvent. Which I worry will start to affect the clarity and/or adhesion of the plastic coating. Those same rubber smudges come off the paint easily... but jeez, they're nearly indelible on the clear bra material.

So I bought the CF rock guards. I think they look great; and the fronts fit. I'm having a tough time with the rear pieces, though... difficult to get flush to the body; I don't see how it's possible on my car without drilling new holes. Imperfect fit. I may try using a compressible "gasket" in the area that gaps slightly away from the body panel.

...just to update my install of the rear rock guards: it makes all the difference in the world if you take the wheel off and make it a two-man job. No "gasket" required. It's much easer to get the right leverage when the car's up, and one guy can concentrate on holding the rear guard in place while the other gets the screws to bite and tightens them as a group. They look really good, and saved me from much more clean-up after Friday & Saturday at Laguna Seca. Thanks, Jon!

Rich

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
THANK YOU for the follow up.....Front wheel ON; Rear wheels OFF. Tire Turds are the main reason I like mine. Cuts those 95%

Some color Vipers they naturally look beyond-awesome: Graphite, Orange, Greens, Black, Silver, Yellow...and ACRs of course with all that factory CF anyway...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4