Gen IV rock guards??

Discussion in 'Vendor Review: PartsRack' started by goldcup, Sep 3, 2011.

1. purplesnake

purplesnake Viper Owner

I sure am happy you are serious. You just proved my point. Never have I considered my opinion, the only one to be considered. :rolleyes:

2. Art 138

Art 138 Viper Owner

One of the reasons I went with Jon's setup, was in great measure by my experience with clear bra on the White Mamba. I noticed that the heat of the cat's/mufflers on the sills began to discolor the clearbra (yellowing); on the raffle car, I was concerned about the heat from the Belangers headers,high flow cats, and exhaust. I have taken my ACR to several car shows and most spectators think they (Jon's guards) are stock.

3. Smokin' 2

Smokin' 2 Viper Owner

Now that is funny!

I'm a clear bra guy myself but I think they look okay.

4. rw99

rw99 Enthusiast

...just to update my install of the rear rock guards: it makes all the difference in the world if you take the wheel off and make it a two-man job. No "gasket" required. It's much easer to get the right leverage when the car's up, and one guy can concentrate on holding the rear guard in place while the other gets the screws to bite and tightens them as a group. They look really good, and saved me from much more clean-up after Friday & Saturday at Laguna Seca. Thanks, Jon!

Rich

5. JonB

JonB Viper Owner

THANK YOU for the follow up.....Front wheel ON; Rear wheels OFF. Tire Turds are the main reason I like mine. Cuts those 95%

Some color Vipers they naturally look beyond-awesome: Graphite, Orange, Greens, Black, Silver, Yellow...and ACRs of course with all that factory CF anyway...

6. goldcup

goldcup Viper Owner

Just picked up a set of Jon's used. Wow nice CF! Will look good on my black ACR.