Gen V as a DD?

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is not the easiest car to park. Reversing into a spot is not easy. The rearward visibility is awful. I can never seem to park in a spot straight. I love parking my cars straight. I just can't seem to do it right in this car.

Might I make a suggestion......

You must be registered for see images attach

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Here at Nissan, some of our cars have an "Around View Monitor". Front camera, one under each mirror and a rear camera. It's really trick actually. Creates a "top-down" view of the car and you literally have a 360 degree view of the car. Amazing. Wish my Viper had it.

That sounds really cool. I'd be curious to see one in person.

LadyCruzer

VCA Officer
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I say " go for it" as your DD! The car is sheer enjoyment to drive,what a great way to start every day! You work hard, you should enjoy your passion-- play hard for as long as you can and enjoy your snake!

PeerBlock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only things that might hinder the viper from being a DD:

- Lots of public attention. It will draw a crowd if you park it in a visible area and while you're driving, you're going to get a lot of people slowing down/speeding up trying to snap a cellphone pic of the car.

- Weather. If it gets cold where you live, i.e. snow, forget about driving it...and why would you want to be on a salted road in the viper.

As far as comfort and road manners go, no problem...easily the most comfortable performance car I've ever driven. For me, I just don't feel comfortable parking my car outside unattended for any length of time knowing that while there are many admirers you also have a lot of envious ********** that may want to mess with the car.

I think either hellcat would be a better DD, even the srt jeep is pretty good, and they all blend in well enough not to have the celebrity issues that you get with a viper while still having a lot of performance making them fun to drive.

JETSTAR

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I use mine as a daily driver and just clicked 24,000.00 miles
no mechanical problems
Thanks
Wayne

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only real downside is bad MPG.

I also don't really park mine in the city unless it is a known garage.

I drive mine everywhere.