Gen v = "butter face"

PJ9454

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you look the Gen V over the rest of the car is very cool. I just hate the headlights, slanty nose and grille. It looks wierd and wrong. Everything else is cool. But the face is a key point. So if the GEN V Viper was a person it would be a "Butterface" Hopefully plans are in place to offer a better face. Autoform? This may be an opportunity for you.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

PJ9454

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If a girl or a car is so ugly that you have to see it in person so you can overlook its photo and appreciate something else on it, like a shiny paint job or big boobs...that means that it has a problem.

Gen V = Butterface

rjsrt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Calling Vipers ugly on a Viper forum...ya, that will get you far. What's the point?

OP
OP
P

PJ9454

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What are my cars? I have a 2010 ACR, 2007 Jaguar XK , 2010 Escalade, 2006 Mustang GT with Nitrous, 1988 Mustang SCCA A/Sedan Sebring Track record Holder and I won the 2008 SCCA Championship for my Region, 1992 Firebird Trans am 4-Link car 16-32 tires w/ a 632 and two stages of Nitrous, 1989 Trans Am with a 650 h.p. 434

The point is to get Auto form to do something with the car. I love the back half of the car...the front half is horrid. Those LED's only make it worse. Have you seen the Autoform 'Cuda nose? Very cool.

OP
OP
P

PJ9454

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You can't use the word ignorant. That implies that education or knowledge is required to form an opinion on whether something is pretty or not. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and hence that term cannot be applied. Back to school for you, you are obviously ignorant of how to properly use the word ignorant.

rjsrt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well actually my opinion of you is that you are an ignorant person. Thanks for coming out! Have a nice day. Maybe you should go to the over priced Chevy.... I mean Cadillac fourms. That should be a perfect fit for you. :)

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PJ9454= ignorant

Right, apparently constructive criticism is not in his vocab

To all, When being negative, You present yourself as less of a ____ if you explain why you don’t like something detail and give specific suggestions for improvement.

...Unless the extent of your personal creativity is the signature on your check. :rolaugh:

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can't use the word ignorant. That implies that education or knowledge is required to form an opinion on whether something is pretty or not. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and hence that term cannot be applied. Back to school for you, you are obviously ignorant of how to properly use the word ignorant.
lol..............

OP
OP
P

PJ9454

Viper Owner
Reaction score
dom426h ....the constructive criticisms I have made are on many other posts. Now I am trying to get Auto form interested in fixing this car so I will buy one. If you like it the way it is, buy one. If you don't, then voice your opinion and maybe Auto form or someone else will step up. But one thing is for sure, you need a catchy headline and some blatant statements to get some action, so Butterface worked, people are reading it and now that its got some attention, maybe someone will do something. Get this kid some braces fast.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cars & women are very different things ... to save time I won't go into it in detail, but you can't compare a swim suit model pic vs a car pic, a car is so dependent on the dimensions & feel, and frankly women are pretty much air brushed in pics anyway. lol

In person the front is very deep and agressive looking, it doesn't come out in the pics, and the GTS hood is the meek one. Ralph said if you want a tougher look wait for the SRT hood, which is an option for the GTS, it cools better and is way meaner, in his words. This car looks so much better than a Gen3/4 IMO that it's not even funny. The NACA style duct, the super wide stance, deep side cuts and strong C pillars. Like the paint, until you see it in person, you just haven't seen it.

The headlights do seem a bit 'weak', too narrow or steep, something like that, but I think the only possible tweak there will be tinting them.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh and I have to say I like your sense of humor, with 68 posts you refer to a 2,100+ poster who joined years before you as 'must be new'.

I mean, that is a joke ... right

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really don't see a problem with the front end. Call me biast but I love the whole car. Someone had recently posted a picture from the show in DC and its a front end shot with the hood up....the car looks **********. Its sweet looking. The only thing I would change about the front of the car is to make the WHOLE grill carbon fibre. Not just the brake cooling ducts.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you would mod the front of the car remember it's all about the CD and down force. Look around at some of the videos of Ralph explaining the front shape of the car, no one is going to invest in modifying that shape.
And if you are an ACR guy it's understandable you don't like the looks yet. Try this on and see if it will firm up your butter.:D

Viper_Acr1.jpg

OP
OP
P

PJ9454

Viper Owner
Reaction score
D-man yes that was a joke. See how everyone is all fired up now...this is great. Lee00blacksilvergts. You are right that ACR mod really helps. I have given my opinions before, but the grill needs more aggression. I am not a designer so I have no idea what to do there..BUT I think dual eyes in the lights might be an inexpensive fix for that girly look the current headlights possess.

99t1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
to each their own

I feel the same about the new camaro...it's perfect except those crappy half moon tail lights. I love the gen5 and was mesmerized by it at the ny autoshow..even as a very very pretty woman stood next to it....she was no match. I doubt autoform will waste their time.

m

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If i had one I might tint the headlights and if it would structurally hold up... i would remove the grill.
The front end is badass the way it is.

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

PJ9454

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
I am no designer...but you can see where I am going. It needs to be tough and look sinister and the eyes and mouth are everything.

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
is this aggressive enough for you all

Attachments

• Volado.jpeg
    Volado.jpeg
    7.9 KB · Views: 74

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats the car they shooda made, but i still like the one they did produce

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I used to think that if I didn't like a car in pictures, then I wouldn't like it in person.

Just the opposite happened to me, when looking at the Aventador. In the car mags, I thought it looked fantastic, best Lambo ever, etc. I was really smitten with it's looks.

Then I saw two of them at OC Cars and Coffee, a white one, and charcoal colored one.

In both cases, when I look down on them from my height, the rear end looks like the back of a big dumb bird, when it's tail feathers are spread out, or like an extinct amphibian. Just looked dumb to me, when viewed at my angle of approach. Didn't look any better form the front or side, either. Not enough organic curves. Non-organic designs have little staying power, like a pop song that quickly slides off the charts, non-organic designs initially make a splash, then quickly look dated and awkward.

At the same gathering, there were two Mclaren MP4-12Cs', one black, the other white. Judging by pics in the car mags, I had assumed that the Mclaren was sort of dull, lacking in pizazz, when compared to the 458 Italia. It was easy for me to dismiss the car as un-inspired, sterile, uptight and lacking passion. It's almost like I subconsciously enjoy being able to find some point of dislike for a car that I cannot currently afford. (Maybe so I won't be tortured with desire for it)

But seeing the Mclaren in person, had just the opposite effect on me. I found it's proportions and stance quite exciting, which came as a surprise to me. I didn't want to like it that much! But now I do.

Regarding the Gen 5, many of us initially perceive the front end as somewhat "un-Viperish", more akin to an Italian car. It is a bit of a departure, but one I prefer to the angularity of the Gen3/4. I think one possible "800-pound-gorilla" reason for this unfamiliarity is, that it has no fog lights, in the customary location. I think the fog lights on the Gen1, (the Gen1 first spawned the practice), were put there, because there was just too big of a blank space in that area. It needed some detail, so it wouldn't look blunt and featureless.

http://m.motortrend.com/classic/features/1112_great_snakes_dodge_viper_origins/photo_11.html

I submit that that snakes don't have fog lights.

If you look at the face of Stryker, the newest Viper emblem, it looks VERY much like the face of the Gen5.

The Gen 5 face looks more like a snake than the Gen2 GTS! It's as close to a snake face as I've seen on any car, ever. It's designed to be exactly what a Viper is, the automotive embodiment of a snake. The Gen5 epitomises it's repilitian DNA more than any generation of Viper to date. They didn't need to stick fog lights on it, like a design trick to recitfy a vast expanse of mail-truck banality, because they did such a great job making the face look like Stryker, with functional brake vents, no less! When a design is near perfection, it doesn't require the adornment of lights to look exciting and sharp. like putting jewelry on a plain looking woman.

I haven't seen it in person yet. So far, I'm a fan!

2001 GTS, saphire/stripes. My favorite car I've ever owned.

Last edited:

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There will never be a perfect car, every car, I mean ever car has compromises of one sort or another. And they never look the same in pictures as they do in actual. I will reserve all judgement till I actually see one, even if I have to wait till I go to Detroit to pick mine up later this year. But one thing I can say for sure without actually seeing one, and that is I am very grateful that is does not look like this:

05Commemorative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If a girl or a car is so ugly that you have to see it in person so you can overlook its photo and appreciate something else on it, like a shiny paint job or big boobs...that means that it has a problem.

Gen V = Butterface
So, I guess that means you have NOT seen the car in person. Why the post on looks when you have not seen in person?