Gen V Viper Logo pics...

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I swear I have seen a logo similar to that before.

Maybe it was in the various concept logos when they came up with Sneaky Pete? I can't remember if it was in a thread, book, or something. Ring a bell with anyone?

jdavis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The logo does have an somewhat Asian appearance and is more vicious looking than previous logos. For a name, how about Tiapan? The Tiapan is the most venomous snake on earth.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The logo does have an somewhat Asian appearance and is more vicious looking than previous logos. For a name, how about Tiapan? The Tiapan is the most venomous snake on earth.
I think you mean the TAIPAN Viper.

Personally, I like TIOMAN.
It's a super-rare species found on Tioman Island in the South China Sea.
The island has a cool story behind it too:
"According to legend, Tioman Island is the resting place of a beautiful dragon princess. Whilst flying from China to visit her prince in Singapore, this beautiful maiden stopped to seek solace in the crystal-clear waters of the South China Sea. Enraptured by the charms of the place, she decided to discontinue her journey. By taking the form of an island, she pledged to offer shelter and comfort to passing travelers."
(source: Wikipedia)

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Asian appearance...thats kind of like a fat elephant?
Thats the way snakes look but no way i want a Taipan for an American muscle car.

lethal Freedom :usa:

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the gen 3/4 logo the best to be honest
Agree. New one is not horrible, but I like the simplicity of Fangs. Sorry guys, sneeky pete always seemed a little *** to me.........not that there's anything wrong with that. "sienfeld quote"

supraking85

Enthusiast
Reaction score
for me sneaky pete is 'the viper logo'
fangs never really grew on me.

new one is certainly a good evolution though and looks great
for a name, i do like adder

jdavis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats the way snakes look but no way i want a Taipan for an American muscle car.

The Inland Tiapan is an Australian viper and is deadly. Neither the Mamba nor the Cobra were American species so, I suppose those were problematic for you also. Viper...American muscle car? That is true to an extent, but I think that it is much more than simply a muscle car and the gen V should be much more. The Viper has proven itself as a world class sports car. Oh well, what do you think of Bugger or Bubba? :D

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm, don't like it. I've seen that same logo somewhere else too....

You must be registered for see images

--RS

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very kool..Looks like they took the gen3 head and gave him a gen2 pose to me..very sweet....Although to me FANGS is hard to beat...Looks like its gonna swallow the competition..

Sneaky peat...Honestly I took that thing off my gen2 and put a FANGS gen3 emblem on it...Never cared much for sneaky peat

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can respect the effort, but I'm not digging it. I like the more simplistic graphical approach of Sneaky Pete and Fangs....this is too elaborate IMO. Not as "in your face" as Fangs and it is a bit Asian looking as others have commented...:dunno:

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am partial to Fangs, simple but sinister. Sneaky Pete looked too timid. The new logo is too complicated and you have to look at it too long to figure out what the heck is going on. Mind you I don't think there is any chance this will change. Ralph said that the fact that people made fun of Fangs because upside down it looked like Daffy Duck made him angry.

motor602

Enthusiast
Reaction score
they should name the new logo 'ralph' or 'ralphie' as an homage to the man who probably did the most to save the viper. This generation should reflect that in some way.

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Taipans don't look like that, are not Asian, and are not vipers. Viper's aren't even muscle cars by definition. Just sayin'...

TheMilkman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was going to suggest the name Diamond Head due to the V coming way down on top. It fits the Diamond Back name and Copper Head, so why not combine the two for the snake theme. Plus it's 3 syllables like Sneaky Pete, so it has a familiar tone to it.

Bought my shirt and like the new logo.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can respect the effort, but I'm not digging it. I like the more simplistic graphical approach of Sneaky Pete and Fangs....this is too elaborate IMO. Not as "in your face" as Fangs and it is a bit Asian looking as others have commented...:dunno:

Agreed, and long time no see Brian

Blade Runner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wondered where the guy went that invented new coke, I guess he designed the new logo and is trying to make up for that mistake.
Go back to Pete!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth