GEN V Viper picture at VOI 11....

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
Tonight is the big dinner. I hope that is it. Waiting patiently.

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just heard no pictures or video will be allowed :( So for those of us not there we will have to wait a bit longer I'm afraid.

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just heard no pictures or video will be allowed :( So for those of us not there we will have to wait a bit longer I'm afraid.

Am I the only one that thinks this is stupid to hide it like its a BIG secret, its just a new car design not a new nuclear missle design. At least show all the fellow viper owners that cant make it to VOI:2tu:

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Total BS someone better get a pic of that thing. VCA members should definitely get to see it.

JimK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well - that is a let down. Thought for sure I could get a glimpse of the future ths evening!

Maybe the thought is to let all current owners know that the model will live on but not go public fully until the 2010 inventory gets cleared out? :dunno:

Jim

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully they're just making it a VOI attendance perk and will show the rest of us tomorrow :)

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just heard that there is a sneak peak room, phones are going to be checked at the door. No photos :(

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting that there doesn't seem to be a wing... If there is it's low profile :eater::eater:

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys Dodge probably spent a bunch of $ on this re-designed Viper...

Do you really think it would be wise to release it to the public with a bunch of crappy cell phone pics? :dunno:

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know... It's a bummer...

They should have let me do the Official VCA Photos... I would have made them proud.

Ralph liked my camera at the LB GP... LOL

I coulda been a contenda

JimK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ryan we didn't make the trip so we is out in da cold.

Nobody attending thought to bring some shifty state of the art gadget, like a Viper belt buckle with a built-in pinhole cam or something? ;)

Jim

chiefchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Somebody has a picture......

Somebody, somewhere, at this very moment, is asking themselves - "if I post this pic, will I be deemed a hero?, OR , if I post this, will I be deemed a goofball traitor?"

Post it!!!!! You will be my hero! I promise !!! ;) :rolaugh:

Last edited:

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score
Nobody attending thought to bring some shifty state of the art gadget, like a Viper belt buckle with a built-in pinhole cam or something? ;)

Jim

They actually used a wand on us to make sure nothing metallic entered the area.

chiefchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Runnr - someone always seems to know how to foil even the best security screening. I can tell by the number of pens in your pocket that you are a likely candidate for figuring out how to bypass that kind of stuff.

So on that note....... POST THE PIC !!!! :rolaugh::eater:

JimK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

wow - thats some serious wraps!

So whats your basic description? Sounds like "back to the Gen II drawing board" is the concensus so far...(that makes me happy ;) )

Jim

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score
Ya, imho, they took a step backwards and updated a classic look.

Honestly, from what I saw tonight, my confidence in what Dodge is doing has increased greatly. I look forward to the next few updates to a lot of their vehicles.

And, my first thought at seeing the Gen V is, "I gotta get one, now."

JimK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya, imho, they took a step backwards and updated a classic look.

Honestly, from what I saw tonight, my confidence in what Dodge is doing has increased greatly. I look forward to the next few updates to a lot of their vehicles.

And, my first thought at seeing the Gen V is, "I gotta get one, now."

Thanks for your input!

and I agree that your "first thought" after seeing it says alot, considering your first statement in bold above.

Jim

JimK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey RUNNR -

One more question (and I know this is subjective AND again, coming at it from a Gen II frame of reference) - if all things were equal (performance attributes aside) and it was all about the "look" - would you buy an old clean Gen II or what you saw tonight? (this should say alot! ;) )

Jim

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dsalameh