GEN V Viper picture at VOI 11....

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have reached an all-time new low on this board. Freaking Hillarious.

Really ?????? A misinterpretation by a member about what was clearly spelled out is a new low ??

The posts that he referenced seem very clear to me and probably to you and most others. No pictures allowed from the viewing of the mock-up shown at VOI. Nothing about talking about it with other people. We are totally in compliance.

So that leaves this "new low" as just one person's interpretation, and we don't even know what he was thinking. He just said go reread some posts. That's all. Anything else is yours and my guess at what he was thinking when he made the post. Maybe we shouldn't call in the thought police on him, either.

Last edited:

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok. Allpar gets it right sometimes. Oh Well

I had to play with ya a little. I think pictures of that car are posted one page back anyway.

It has been interesting to see the guess work going on in the various corners of the community.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally LOVED the look of the GEN V 2012 Viper, every line, every duct, every curve!! My only suggestion was to put the filler cap back on the Passenger side roof panel like a GEN II, however the current location is a perfect match to the GEN IV design, so I guess I'm being greedy asking the car to draw even more from the GEN II look.

I liked the way the side sills scream GEN II, but have a taper so that the rocks don't sit on those panels. I like the hood design, looks very functional and aerodynamic as well.

Rear end was absolutely perfect, don't change a thing about it.

Front end, I liked some of Ralph's submissions from his staff including one that had LED fangs as part of the light assembly, but that didn't make the final design....which is probably best.

Overall, this new Viper's styling is so true to all the previous Vipers before it; I applaud Ralph and his team for such a beautiful and aggressive design.

Regards,
Aaron

chiefchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Detroit International Auto Show is starting on Jan 10th.
Does anyone know if the New Viper will be revealed there ?????

(or more likely next year ????? January of 2012 ???)

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice. Add a center hood scoop forward of the two hood side air ducts; a rear air duct behind the door lower down which could be used to cool the rear brakes; and duel outlet sidepipes. I am not saying that is what the car looks like but if I remember other posts correctly, these features were inlcuded in the VOI mockup.

Here is my latest idea on what it could look like based on an Alpha

You must be registered for see images

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That rendering has some of the VOI11 features but some areas are way off, for example, the color is the same but the VOI11 rims were way uglier. Side pipes, mirrors, roof and rear hips are about right. Front end on the VOI11 car was way, way, way more aggressive and nicer than that shown. I love the sides on this car above and wish the GENV would adapt these sides as opposed to what I remember on the VOI11 car. The sides on the VOI11 car were a little too retro.

In the end, it was a clay model so I honestly believe, other than the front end and back end (which were both awesome, awesome awesome as shown to us) the rest of the car could and most likely will be different than what we saw. The overall shape will still be Berry on the Beach as that is always Viper.

texas_venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I am honestly over it now. All the secrecy has turned into a buzz kill for me. There would be no harm in releasing a concept photo of it for now... but Dodge has to make it a big secret.

DeLViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they produce what we've seen in SLC, I'll be happy with that...

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exhaust exits looked kinda like this <}

No matter. There is no way on knowing what, or how many changes will be done to the car we saw before it reaches production.

If they build it exactly as we saw it (except the wheels), there will be a long waiting line for deliveries. If they make it even better, they may sell out the entire production run before the first deliveries.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I am honestly over it now. All the secrecy has turned into a buzz kill for me. There would be no harm in releasing a concept photo of it for now... but Dodge has to make it a big secret.

What he said.. Perfect time to leak photos into media is now! I say keep the ring excitement going dodge!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R