Gen V wheels for my Gen IV

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about the new and improved short shifter? I'm tired of missing 3rd gear lol...

Green viper 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probly just wait till the car comes out I'm sure once they start buying aftermarket wheels someone will have some for sale

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The shifter may not even be comparable, your best option is the MGW shifter that everyone else uses on a Gen3-4 Viper.

Why wouldn't be? It's the same 6060 tranny no? How much shorter is the mgw compared to a stock gen 4? I just looked on their website and didnt see any info on the Viper shifters.. Thanks.

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd recommend changing your clutch fluid and getting the MGW if you're having trouble shifting. I know they don't list it on their site, but you can call up Woodhouse and they can source it for you.

I change my clutch fluid a couple times a year to make sure my shifts are crisp. Also a set of motor mounts/trans mount will really help if you're getting too much rotation causing missed shifts.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd recommend changing your clutch fluid and getting the MGW if you're having trouble shifting. I know they don't list it on their site, but you can call up Woodhouse and they can source it for you.

I change my clutch fluid a couple times a year to make sure my shifts are crisp. Also a set of motor mounts/trans mount will really help if you're getting too much rotation causing missed shifts.

Thanks, I only put about 2k miles a year and change the clutch fluid once a year as well. I just keep hearing a wider gates for the new gen 5 shifter which is deft what I need lol.. I will be calling mark for the trans and engine mounts as those will help as well.. Thanks..

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was told by an SRT engineer at VOI that the Gen 5 wheels would have some issues fitting on the Gen 3/4 because of a change in offset. If I remember correctly the rears may be ok but the fronts would cause a tire rub.

Reaction score
How about the new and improved short shifter? I'm tired of missing 3rd gear lol...
The knob itself is the same length as the 2010 ACR short shift knob - about 1.25" inches shorter than the standard 2003 shift knob:

knobs.jpg

The boot retainer (recess) is higher on the 2013 so the boot will ride higher as well. Both the 2010 short knob and 2013 knobs are available and will fit the 2003-2010 Vipers.

https://www.viperpartsofamerica.com...013-srt-viper-gts-black-shift-knob-1zv76dx9aa

https://www.viperpartsofamerica.com...r-short-shift-knob-black-stitching-1sz091x9aa

Reaction score
I was told by an SRT engineer at VOI that the Gen 5 wheels would have some issues fitting on the Gen 3/4 because of a change in offset. If I remember correctly the rears may be ok but the fronts would cause a tire rub.
That is correct - the new front wheels would stick out about 3/4" further than the stock 2003-2010 wheels. The rears are the same however the fronts are 10.5 inches wide vs the 1999-2010 width of ten inches. This results in a 20mm outboard offset difference - roughly 3/4 of an inch.

13wheels.jpg

Shouldn't stop several folks from trying, and they are truly gorgeous wheels.

There, now the thread is back on track. :)

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder how that additional 3/4 of an inch would look? The stock setup is tucked in a bit. If done the back will definitely need spacers as the back is already tucked under the car a good bit. That was one of the many issues I have with the stock setup.

That is correct - the new front wheels would stick out about 3/4" further than the stock 2003-2010 wheels. The rears are the same however the fronts are 10.5 inches wide vs the 1999-2010 width of ten inches. This results in a 20mm outboard offset difference - roughly 3/4 of an inch.

13wheels.jpg

Shouldn't stop several folks from trying, and they are truly gorgeous wheels.

There, now the thread is back on track. :)

OP
OP
C

CaptainDavid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks sweet! Do the fronts stick out past the fenders any?
According to the specs the fronts stick out 3/4 " on each side but it dosen't seem that way at all, not noticeable. The rears are the same as gen 3 and 4. They look like they were made for the car.....

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to the specs the fronts stick out 3/4 " on each side but it dosen't seem that way at all, not noticeable. The rears are the same as gen 3 and 4. They look like they were made for the car.....

Looks awesome! Can you post more pics please, especially of the fronts with the wheels straight so that we can see what the 3/4" looks like! Thanks!

Reaction score
They look FANTASTIC David! Yours is probably the first car seen with the polished Venom wheel with Hyper Black pockets - I don't think we have even seen a 2013 with those wheels yet. We appreciate your business and support!

Reaction score
Nice! Are they also available completly polished(same wheel)?

Unfortunately, no. They offer them in Hyper Black, polished with Hyper Black pockets as shown, or Matte Black (which is actually a metalflake black).

https://www.viperpartsofamerica.com...013-srt-viper-gts-venom-hyper-black-wheel-set

https://www.viperpartsofamerica.com...-gts-venom-polished-and-hyper-black-wheel-set

https://www.viperpartsofamerica.com...iper-gts-venom-matte-black-aluminum-wheel-set

OP
OP
C

CaptainDavid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks awesome! Can you post more pics please, especially of the fronts with the wheels straight so that we can see what the 3/4" looks like! Thanks!
Here Go
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach
click to enlarge