Generation 4 Ported Heads/ Price and availability

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Here are the details on our new Generation 4 Head package. First off, this head package was developed to be a simple no-nonsense bolt on upgrade that will increase power and torque across the power band without additional mechanical modifications or calibration changes. These are direct replacement heads that will work with your production rocker arms, pushrods, valve covers and engine controller.

These heads can be used with or without exhaust and intake modifications, but will produce best peak power with headers and ported intake. We offer complete installed packages or parts only. We are there for you after the sale with full technical support.

We developed this package with several goals. Best average power and torque across the powerband, no changes to driveabilty, no check engine lights and reasonable pricing.

Our heads are offered on exchange or we can do yours. Each head is fully ported on intake and exhaust, bowl area radiused, ports volume matched, multi-angle valve job, combustion chamber reshaped and volume matched, gasket surface is machined for MLS gaskets and correct compression ratio. All new seals are installed and all components machined or replaced as needed.

Cylinder Heads (exchange or yours) $2695.00
ARP Bolt set $411.00

Here are some results of our testing. This car was a 2008 Coupe with Belanger headers, high flow cats, side exhaust and Mopar controller. Initial test were done with Torco fuel additive to bring the Octane level to 93 as required for the Mopar
computer.

You must be registered for see images attach

Our criteria for testing was very controlled, each test was performed at the same engine coolant temp and heat soak.

Our initial test was a before and after test of the heads. The only variables other than the head change was the removal of carbon from the piston tops, new plugs and an oil-air separator for the PCV system.

34hp and 26trq

Next test was to remove the Arrow intake and install our ported intake.

5hp and 6trq

Our final test was to raise the octane level to about 95

3hp and 7trq

I hope this information helps, please feel free to call us with any questions you may have. We are taking orders now.

310-841-6996

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DC Performance,

Excellent power gains on your Gen IV performance package Dan & Crew. Your cylinder heads & intakes manifolds look superb.

It would be interesting to see your package tested with a set of our ARH =BAD BOYZZ SERIES= ACRX Viper Headers.:usa: From practical experience we find that this tubular 5 into 1 free flow header design should respond well to these type of modifications.

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE, INC.
Toddy Gomez - President

Last edited:

99FRC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice power increase. Is your dyno on the stingy side?

dipapa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice to see 600 passed.

For the last green run, interesting to see the 100 & 91 oct 50/50mix does not do much for hp. It did boost torque a bit though.

Wonder if a 2nd tune for 100 & 91 oct 50/50 mix would make a significant hp increase?

alpha85

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What does this do to fuel economy under normal driving conditions?

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan,

I spoke to Lyle and got all the info I needed. I confirmed w/Tony Friday afternoon, really looking forward to the power gains with the new heads!!! At the July DC Dyno event I had Casey by about 4 hp and trq. Very close but I've got your intake and he and ViperX have the arrow. Lyle said you guys have a few more tricks on your intake, so, with that plus the heads I have to beleive I'll get to 610 hp and 570 trq. Lyle also mentioned that you guys may try to put 1.8's in while my cars there and see what that does. I also told him that I'd like to see what it can make with the cats removed.

Thanks again for all the help!!! I'll give you guys a call on Tuesday to schedule a date.

Mike

OP
OP
D

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments. Yes the heads are available as a do it yourself install, we can supply everything you need to do the job. There will be a core exchange charge if you wish to purchase the heads off the shelf.

With this type of modification there should not be any changes in fuel economy, but when you have more power you tend to use it. Please call us if you have any questions.

310-841-6996

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the gear change will bring down power on the dyno..... we had two 2008 cars with the same mods on the same dyno, same day, only difference was the gear and there was a ~25+HP difference....

Nice power increase. Is your dyno on the stingy side?

caseyse

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My 3.33 gears would distort my numbers, but I suspect only slightly, as my hp/tq has been very close to other similarly modded Gen-IVs dynoed on the same day, gears being the only difference. DCP's dyno does indeed produce conservative numbers relative to other dynos in the SoCal area, based on experiences of other club members. I've also noticed that DCP doesn't apply an SAE correction factor which explains some variation in my dyno results over the 3-years I've been on DCP's dyno.

I had added each modification one at a time, exhaust, controller, intake, and now heads, taking the time to put many miles on the car between mods. It's been fun to see my dyno numbers climb with each modification, and each could clearly be felt when driving. The most notable characteristic of each upgrade was the power improvement all along the dyno curve. These upgrades weren't limited to delivering peak numbers, as my entire dyno curve shifted (hp & tq) upward 40 hp for the Belanger headers, 15 hp for the Venom controller, and another 40 hp for heads/intake porting.

There's still more available with this package, if DCP can determine why the PCM is pulling timing. Could it be Dodge has implemented a torque management routine in Venom to safeguard the drive train from excessive torque, or maybe the knock sensor trip detection logic is overly sensitive to engine noise caused from these modifications? With 32 oz of Torco in 10 gallons of fuel, clean combustion chambers, and then having Dan add a 50% mix of racing fuel 100 to my Torco fuel, I doubt there was any added engine knock over stock. I'm sure writing software to detect knocking from normal engine vibrations can be an art, and it's also possible SRT didn't need to optimise their knock algorithm once they met their 600hp target for the Gen-IV.

99FRC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments. Yes the heads are available as a do it yourself install, we can supply everything you need to do the job. There will be a core exchange charge if you wish to purchase the heads off the shelf.

With this type of modification there should not be any changes in fuel economy, but when you have more power you tend to use it. Please call us if you have any questions.

310-841-6996

catch can pics and pricing please...I can't find it on your site or this site.

OP
OP
D

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We have now completed several of our stage 4 engine packages that include our heads, ported intake, headers and Mopar PCM. Results have been in the 70-80rwhp range with best numbers so far about 610rwhp. We have yet to do a complete package with merge headers as well. We think 620rwhp is attainable. I think 100rwhp is possible with the right combination.

No check engine lights or limp conditions. We are about to change rocker ratios, valve timing and compression in testing, we will let you know the results.

We now have cores on the shelf so turn around time will be must faster!

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have now completed several of our stage 4 engine packages that include our heads, ported intake, headers and Mopar PCM. Results have been in the 70-80rwhp range with best numbers so far about 610rwhp. We have yet to do a complete package with merge headers as well. We think 620rwhp is attainable. I think 100rwhp is possible with the right combination.

No check engine lights or limp conditions. We are about to change rocker ratios, valve timing and compression in testing, we will let you know the results.

:omg:

nice work :2tu:

Herc

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If I am reading all of the threads dealing with this right,

Ported intake--$1200
Ported heads--$2700
Head bolts--$411
ACRX Headers--$2800
Mopar controller--$1295

Total--8.5K ish for 80 to 100 hp

Your website has a stage 3 for $13,500 and 100hp increase, I did not see a stage 4.
What is the diff between what I posted above and your stage 3? I assume, exhaust
and labor with dyno tune? How about stage 4?

Thanks,
Herc

OP
OP
D

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Our stage 3 package on the website includes labor, air oil separator, fluids, gaskets, heat covers, spark plugs dyno testing and more. Please call and we can e-mail you a complete quote.

Yes we do have stage 4 packages in development that includes additional valve train modifications and upper intake changes. Stay tuned, over 700hp will be our goal.

We also offer forged engine upgrades and complete engines.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got my DCP heads and intake. NICE WORK DAN!!! Very timely too.

PS-when it comes to $$$ for HP, I have learned that the extra ponies are the most costly to acquire...and when headers/exhaust aren't enough, then intake/heads are the next step.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan, here is a pic of the installed intake (and heads). (DIY job done) Bad azzzz!!!
IMG_7923.JPG

IMG_7921_1.JPG

IMG_7922_1.JPG

Last edited:

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boxer12,

Looking good (DIY wrenching :2tu:) with your DC head / intake package and your ACRX catch can set-up from Woodhouse. Good luck this track season with your new found power! Keep us posted, we're all interested in your results.

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE, INC :usa:
Toddy

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got to a Dyno today (Dynojet 248c) and pulled a 605 RWHP/562 TQ on 91 Octane pump gas with no additives. Power delivered! ...I think I will be needing that DCP clutch soon. LOL

Note, this is with Mopar PCM, Belager headers & race exhaust, 3.55 gears.

Prior dyno was 568 with stock gears/intake/heads.

Last edited:

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boxer12,

Looking good (DIY wrenching :2tu:) with your DC head / intake package and your ACRX catch can set-up from Woodhouse. Good luck this track season with your new found power! Keep us posted, we're all interested in your results.

Toddy

Ha, as if this wasn't enough work, I swapped the rear diff this weekend too. I am feeling well acquanted with my car now. I don't recommend this job for everyone. The head swap was a pretty big and complicated job for a DIY. Intake, not so bad. I just don't have the luxury of a nice Viper shop nearby. My advice-If you do, use them. It's money well spent. :2tu:

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice RWHP & TRQ numbers B12 (BOXER12 TM). Now that your fully trained on Viper cylinder head, intake and diff work, we may need to fly you in for some back-up tech work when needed! Your right it does take some skill and attention to the details is manditory. Nice thing for you is that you know what you running.

Enjoy your Snake!

Todd

OP
OP
D

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback, many folks questioned our hp numbers for this head and manifold package, but it has been proven time and time again. We have always been conservative with our results and always have given power numbers with them.

With multiple cars prepared and tested on the street and track we have had no check engine lights or mechanical issues with this package. We spent quite a bit of time testing the combination before it was released.

We have several new engine performance products currently testing and will release them as soon as the durability and power numbers are documented.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235