Get more boost from your Roe Blower!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SUN RA KAT

Kenny do you have the W/M light installed? The pump is speed controlled by the VEC so under light loads the LED can hardly be detected.
2.5 gal per tank of fuel sounds excessive. I was using the same until I found a leak at the pump fittings. Green puddle on the garage floor near the right rear tire was the clue.

My light doesn't come on under light loads, but it does under heavier loads.

I have no puddles, green or otherwise under my car.

It only used the 2.5 gallons per tank when I was really enjoying the car - typically it used less than half a tank. I think Larry has the VEC2 set to activate pretty close to the optimum load - at least on his 1st reprogramming of the VEC2 cards.

S

SUN RA KAT

The 2nd tune used about 2 quarts in less than 250 miles. This was still less than the tune Sean Roe had done tuning it by reports to him and sending VEC2 cards back and forth previous to Larry working on it. The same driving conditions would have used up the 2.5 gallon tank - which is why I had Larry put in a second Roe tank.
Kenny are you saying that There was some tuning done to the vec2 before Larry got into the tuning issues. Have Sean and Larry talked about what was changed. I think the w/a system that Larry installs has some changes made to it from the standard setup, but I do not know if the changes effect the operation but they both should be talking to each other about what was done.

Sean Roe did the programming when the Roe water-methanol injector first came out. No tuning had been done since then until Larry tuned it.

S

SUN RA KAT

newredrt10
If Kenny is reading this maybe he should check his oil and see if there is water in it. If the oild is milky looking do not drive or start it.

Bill, I just checked my oil and it is perfect. That's the good news.

S

SUN RA KAT

Is there (new) bad news?

Friday, August 18th I recieved an extremely bad tune from Larry Macedo's VEC2 tuning which has made my car undrivable - extreme surging and bucking, constant backfiring, and literally takes half throttle to go 40 MPH. Larry promised to send new cards to me yesterday, but he has not answered my email to him yesterday where I asked him if he did send the cards so I would be able to drive again.

I'd much rather only post good news, but on September 1st it will be 2 whole months since my Viper was returned to me with an extremely bad tune, but unlike the tune I have now it was at least driveable on light traveled rural roads. I would like to think that tuning my car to be drivable on city streets is a priority for Mr.Macedo.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there (new) bad news?

Friday, August 18th I recieved an extremely bad tune from Larry Macedo's VEC2 tuning which has made my car undrivable - extreme surging and bucking, constant backfiring, and literally takes half throttle to go 40 MPH. Larry promised to send new cards to me yesterday, but he has not answered my email to him yesterday where I asked him if he did send the cards so I would be able to drive again.

I'd much rather only post good news, but on September 1st it will be 2 whole months since my Viper was returned to me with an extremely bad tune, but unlike the tune I have now it was at least driveable on light traveled rural roads. I would like to think that tuning my car to be drivable on city streets is a priority for Mr.Macedo.

Since you are playing card tag, I imagine your tunes are varying from one extreme to the other to rule out certain issues. It is no surprise your car runs the way it is. Without having the car in his possession, this is the only way to "TEST" things.

Earl_H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man I read this thread and I can't help to think to myself about what an unfortunate situation that this has turned into for both parties. Clearly there were expectations established by the tuner (to the customer) that weren't met. There were a series of miscommunications that have led to a path where both parties will likely lose on this.

On one hand you have the customer, a guy who really doesn'tknow much about hi-po cars who spent money that he didn't have to get his dream car: an 800rwhp daily-driver capable Roe Monster.
Issue: an 800rwhp car shouldn't be your first foray into performance cars, especially a Viper whose aftermarket support is limited, with relatively few GOOD tuners and overall knowledge is lacking from the general public at large. If you can't get your hands dirty or afford to travel or bring someone in to get his/her hands dirty, a FI Viper is entirely the WRONG car to get. That said $28K should get you a good-running functioning car, maybe not a FI-only 800rwhp (which I don't think has been done) Roe Viper. Also, never be the FIRST, if you have a limited budget and you would have been the first/only 800rwhp blower only Roe Car. That blower is rated at only 900hp (crank).

On the other hand, you have a well respected tuner who is probably feeling like he would have turned down this newbie customer, if he could do it over again. From all accounts, this instance is not reflective of either the quality of his work or his attention to customer service. So you have give him the benefit of the doubt...for now.

Issue: Kenny's car isn't running well and it needs to be fixed.

Now enter everyone else with all the dissenting opinions and now the lawyers...nothing good can come of that, especially this early in the game!

Hopefully these two people can get together and work this out. Kenny, talk to Larry and work this out. Posting here should be a last resort. All it does is stoke the flames. In the end it will hurt you more in the short run than Larry, becuase his shop will continue to run. You, in the interim will have an $80K piece garage furniture. Larry will/has also paid a price in this and will suffer longer term, whether he realizes it or not. I'm willing bet that there are a least 2 or 3 people that are/were considering using Larry for future (maybe major)projects. The characterization of this event and the final outcome will determine if Macedo's shop will be considered. The internet is a powerful tool. I've personally seen it ruin one pretty good shop in the Chicago area that did my original single turbo on my Z...with most of it boiling down to a similar miscommunication. It is in everyone's best interest to work this out. I hope that you guys can.

S

SUN RA KAT

I think Larry and I are getting back on track for a win-win ending to all of this. Larry wants me to be happy and I want to be right that I picked Larry to do my car.

I would like to add that the David Weaver crank pulley is a great invention and I'm glad Larry added it to my car.

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is painful to read. Instead of mailing cards back and forth, wasting time and money, you could have Sean Roe e mail you the software then all you will need to connect directly to the VEC-2 is a 9 pin serial cable which is probably about two dollars at Radio Shack. Once you've done that, Larry could e mail you files and you could upload them right into the VEC2. I can't figure out for the life of me why you are wasting time with these cards.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is painful to read. Instead of mailing cards back and forth, wasting time and money, you could have Sean Roe e mail you the software then all you will need to connect directly to the VEC-2 is a 9 pin serial cable which is probably about two dollars at Radio Shack. Once you've done that, Larry could e mail you files and you could upload them right into the VEC2. I can't figure out for the life of me why you are wasting time with these cards.

Great idea! Then he could toss old yellow on his kitchen dyno and check the AFR.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont' see the sarcasm here... anyone who owns a high HP car w/ tunable software needs to OWN THE FRIKKIN' SOFTWARE!!!

Automobile tuning isn't black magic. or black art. either you choose to participate or you don't. If you don't, then don't complain that it is a slow process.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont' see the sarcasm here... anyone who owns a high HP car w/ tunable software needs to OWN THE FRIKKIN' SOFTWARE!!!

Automobile tuning isn't black magic. or black art. either you choose to participate or you don't. If you don't, then don't complain that it is a slow process.

Gosh Joe, is the depakote running low again? When you scream at me like that it reminds me of that guy who sells parts. My point was tuning a car with Kenny's problems without being able to monitor the AFR under load would be like doing the dirty deed sans a ****** with that stripper you used to date. It might work out ok, but then again you just might sustain damage to the old crank.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
depakote - "used for a preparation of divalproex sodium" . I still don't know what that means. Must be my state school education.

She wasn't a stripper when I dated her. I turned her into that.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
depakote - "used for a preparation of divalproex sodium" . I still don't know what that means. Must be my state school education.

Depakote - an anticonvulsant approved for use as a mood stabilizer medication in 1995. The first approved medication for bipolar in 25 years, since lithium. Previously it was prescribed only as an epilepsy medication. Side effects include: liver problems, tremors, weight gain, nausea, drowsiness, guiding church going girls into **** and screaming at well intended nice guys on the interweb.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Depakote - an anticonvulsant approved for use as a mood stabilizer medication in 1995. The first approved medication for bipolar in 25 years, since lithium. Previously it was prescribed only as an epilepsy medication. Side effects include: liver problems, tremors, weight gain, nausea, drowsiness, guiding church going girls into **** and screaming at well intended nice guys on the interweb.

lol.

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]

Great idea! Then he could toss old yellow on his kitchen dyno and check the AFR.

[/QUOTE]

And mailing cards back and forth is better than my idea how? Obviously the best thing to do is to get Larry and the car together but for some reason that has not happened yet. Maybe they should just keep mailing cards back and forth, it'll be winter soon, then the drivabiity of the Viper won't be such a pressing issue.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

[/QUOTE]

And mailing cards back and forth is better than my idea how? Obviously the best thing to do is to get Larry and the car together but for some reason that has not happened yet. Maybe they should just keep mailing cards back and forth, it'll be winter soon, then the drivabiity of the Viper won't be such a pressing issue.

[/QUOTE]

Neither mailing cards back and forth nor your idea of Kenny getting the software addresses the need to tune with access to the AFR under load. Assuming Kenny does not really have a kitchen dyno, or at the least a wide band commander for street data pulls, the car, Larry, and a dyno need to occupy the same GPS coordinates. Scotty may also have to beam an AEM to the undetermined location to effect the desired results. :usa:

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Larry has offered to beam the car back to Florida again. Hopefully it goes this time and the issues are worked out.

S

SUN RA KAT

Hey, Ian - Larry said on Thursday, August 24th he was going to be sending me updated VEC2 cards so I could at least drive my Viper again, then he told me he would finish working on them and send them to me on Monday, August 28th. It is now Friday, September 1st and no VEC2 cards from Larry have arrived. My Viper is still totally undrivable and I am still much less than happy. Can you please find out where the VEC2 cards Larry promised to send me are?

8-25-06

We don't have a warranty. Larry is working this weekend and should have your cards ready to go by Monday. I will follow up with the tracking # upon shipment.

Have a great weekend!

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, Ian - Larry said on Thursday, August 24th he was going to be sending me updated VEC2 cards so I could at least drive my Viper again, then he told me he would finish working on them and send them to me on Monday, August 28th. It is now Friday, September 1st and no VEC2 cards from Larry have arrived. My Viper is still totally undrivable and I am still much less than happy. Can you please find out where the VEC2 cards Larry promised to send me are?

8-25-06

We don't have a warranty. Larry is working this weekend and should have your cards ready to go by Monday. I will follow up with the tracking # upon shipment.

Have a great weekend!

Call him, I don't know where your cards are. I (and others) tried to tell you before that the mailing back and forth of cards is not the way to go. The tunes you are going to be receiving are not going to make your car miraculously run perfect. They are going to be "test" cards from one extreme to the other to eliminate things. You should of had a few cards. I would have just sent back one card (one you don't really use) and kept the original tune card. Request that one back until you get your car down there. Not really anything else to say about this subject until you get the car back down there.

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
kenny. i have read every single word in every single post in this thread, it took me about 4 hours.

you are chasing a "tune" problem while you blow fuses?? You have an electrical issue as well as a tune issue. HAVE THE ELECTRICAL ISSUE FIXED 1st. No tune can blow FUSES. Let me repeat brother. No tune can blow fuses.

My vote is the water **** wiring. **** leaking because of a short or other electrical issue could cause all of the issues you have described. bucking, cruse control, etc. at this point i don't even think its a tune issue, i think its **** leaking in randomly causing all of your issues, even the car dying at idle. The only tune issue I read is where the car idles at 700 now instead of 1000 per larry. The other tune thing is how much power your making, if your not tuned right you could have a $100K TT setup and make 300RWHP. Bottom line: none of this can be solved if your **** system is leaking or your PCM or VEC has random power fluctuations or a short. Fix the Electrical issues & then fix the tune.

Let larry pick up the car from your house, fix the electrical issue & tune it & return it to your house when he is done.

CARDS ALONE WILL NOT FIX YOUR BLOWING FUSE PROBLEM. STOP WAITING FOR THE MAIL MAN & LET LARRY SHIP YOUR CAR TO AND FROM AT HIS COST. IT IS THE BEST OPTION AT NO COST TO YOU.

AEM is the better choice here. If Larry cannot tune the car with the VECII, then he should sell you an AEM at the price he pays ~$2300.00?. He needs to tune the AEM for free to compensate for the $1000.00 500 mile "break in" you paid him for and he did not deliver.

By larry paying for shipping to and from, and giving you an AEM at his cost & tuning it free, he will be making everything right and M2 will still keep the profit from this job.

after spending 4 hours on this issue, i hope you take my solid advice to heart. and if i hit the nail on the head with the **** wiring i want a HUGE cookie.

god speed,
anthony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave