Get some practice time at Miller Motorsports park

TheMilkman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those of you that may be wanting to attend some track time at VOI11 at Miller Motorsports Park there is a way to practice the course before you even get there.

I found a PC video game that has a Gen 3 Viper (From Woodhouse none the less) and a replica of the track in Utah.

Here is what you need. I linked the extras to hotfile for easier access in finding the mods you need, but they are also available from simraceway.com if you can find them.

1) Download rFactor from their site and install it. If you want to play the free version you only get 60 minutes of play time, so load all of the extras below before you start to play to get the full time. Or just buy the game it's only $40.

2) NAGT mod With Woodhouse Vipers
Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: nagt_v1.4.exe

3) Miller Motor Sports Track
Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: Miller_v1_2.exe

4) High Plains Raceway track for those in or near Colorado.
Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: HighPlainsRaceway.zip

5) I know I may get yelled at but here is the Lambo Galardo mods. I found the physics in the Vipers to be extra squirrely and for some reason with not enough punch. The physics in this mod are much better and you feel like it's more of a real car. I'd start with the Viper mod though myself and the sound and experience is really close.
Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: Gallardo Challenge V2.rar

It helps to have a Race Wheel for the PC, but it isn't required. If you just want to be able to learn the track and run for the free hour you can use the keyboard. If you are a nut and want the full experience, mount a Viper seat on a frame and get a Logitec G27 Racing Wheel and feel like you are in the race! :drive:

If there is interest and participation we could have a VCA virtual track session online as rfactor allows for online head to head racing.

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a sidenote, GTR2 also has the Miller Motorsports Park track as well as GTSR and CC Vipers. No street Vipers that I am aware of.

OP
OP
T

TheMilkman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool, I have GTR2 but haven't looked for the track. I'll have to go see if I can find it and see how it compares to the RF version.

I noticed the Vipers turn a little better in GTR2, but the excelleration is a bit slow and the graphics are a little cartoony.

I can't wait until rFactor2 comes out. I might have to build a Viper ACRx for it when it does.