Gilmour foamaster

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haven't had a chance to use mine yet but have a quick question about it's use.
Do you fill the container with the concentrated soap straight out of the bottle?
I am unclear on how the concentrated soap, water and air are mixed ( I assume by the sprayer head).
But how much liquid soap concentrate do you put in the bottle?
Do you put like 2 ounces in and add water to it?
How much soap concentrate would you use for a Viper wash?

Thanks-

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperJon,

Eric @ Thompson Racing told me to add 2 oz. to bottle when he sold me my foam gun. Add the soap 'after' the water. :2tu:

OP
OP
P

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know it's funny, they don't explain it in the instructions.

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ViperJon,

Eric @ Thompson Racing told me to add 2 oz. to bottle when he sold me my foam gun. Add the soap 'after' the water. :2tu:

Slithr's dead on. Add about 2oz AFTER water so it doesn't foam up in the gun. I run my Foamaster at 6 and have about 1/4 left after doing the Viper.

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sooooooo I dont have to use $30.00 of soap every time???
I fill bottle with water and then add 2oz soap. Ill bet you get a much thicker foam this way!!!!
Not to mention rinsing is much easier. My car woulld lather up five minutes into the rinse!!
Thank god it isnt a dangerous weapon I would have killed myself!

OP
OP
P

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sooooooo I dont have to use $30.00 of soap every time???
I fill bottle with water and then add 2oz soap. Ill bet you get a much thicker foam this way!!!!
Not to mention rinsing is much easier. My car woulld lather up five minutes into the rinse!!
Thank god it isnt a dangerous weapon I would have killed myself!

LOL I would have done the same thing!
Expensive car wash!

OP
OP
P

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the last stupid question (maybe) is you fill the bottle with water and then add two ounces of concentrated soap.
Do you shake it up to get the foamy goodness started or does the head do the mixing.

Hard to believe I can drive a car right?

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My foam gun has a "mixing ratio" slide bar. So I can sort of dial the amount of foam into the spray. I barely use 2 oz of soap to make the car diasppear. Usually just pour the unused soap back into the container for next wash.

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the last stupid question (maybe) is you fill the bottle with water and then add two ounces of concentrated soap.
Do you shake it up to get the foamy goodness started or does the head do the mixing.

Hard to believe I can drive a car right?

I do shake the bottle to mix the concentrate and water before using. Then you just have to choose the right nozzle/jet to use (Adam's gun) to get the amount of foam "you" like. The instructions that came with mine said Fill bottle with concentrate, I'm glad I called Eric before doing the $30.00 foam job. :omg:

OP
OP
P

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have been joking around in this thread but if you look on Amazon (where I bought mine) NO ONE knew how to use it the first time it was like an experiment. All the comments say "bad instructions". Some guys were filling the bottle with straight concentrated soap too. Expensive.

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
do shake the bottle to mix the concentrate and water before using. Then you just have to choose the right nozzle/jet to use (Adam's gun) to get the amount of foam "you" like. The instructions that came with mine said Fill bottle with concentrate, I'm glad I called Eric before doing the $30.00 foam job. :omg:

You know I have heard that some of those "girls" charge more than $30.00 for a foam job!!!!!!:lmao::lmao:
I had my wife buy about 15 gallons of meguiar car wash concentrate last fall
if I mix it 2 oz per I will still have soap in my next life:omg::omg::omg:
First I use it wrong then spend a small fortune in soap wow I feel dumber and dumber as the day goes on
I would expect that this foam gun when used properly actually might produce foam?
At the rate I have used the concentrate I basically get a slurry of liquid and no foam.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i use warm water to mix for my "foam canon" and have been using
You must be registered for see images attach

i like it for its cleaning qualities, but it does not foam well (for me anyway)

what are y'all using that foams up alot :dunno:

OP
OP
P

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i use warm water to mix for my "foam canon" and have been using
You must be registered for see images attach

i like it for its cleaning qualities, but it does not foam well (for me anyway)

what are y'all using that foams up alot :dunno:

I've been pleased with the foam produced using Adam's Concentrate.

Link: Adam's Car Wash Shampoo Gallon

Attachments

• 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 0
OP
OP
P

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's sum up.
1. Nobody knows how these things work.
2. You may or may not produce any actual foam.
3. Instructions provided with the units stink.
4. This may not be rocket science, but it's close.
5. It may be best to have the Junkman flown in.

That about covers it.

Lespauldude

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jon,

I am starting to notice a common-thread of insanity among Viper owners, just judging by this topic! As a new Viper owner, I'm starting to finally feel at home.......:D

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for this topic as I have the foam gun and soap on order and wouldn't have known any better either when it arrived. Now I'm ahead of the game a little. :)

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viperjon I could wash every car in the Viper club and still have some left over. I wonder if I could give some of this stuff to those homeless guys on the corners? Maybe donate to Unicef?
I don't dare try any other soap my wife would be pissed if I changed soaps before I used all this crap.

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone forgot to watch my videos! I explain this in detail. One thing to note. You first add about 3/4 water to the canister. Then, add your two ounces of car shampoo (per quart of water, for those of you with the half gallon foam guns). Next, you gently STIR the mixture - (NOT SHAKE), in order to mix the car wash with the water. After the two have mixed, you fill the rest of the canister up with water. By the way, the Adam's Car Wash makes mad foam!

Here's the video. Start at 4 minutes and 11 seconds.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHS9_6ycJuA&feature=relmfu&t=4m12s[/media]

OP
OP
P

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We knew that junkman we were just making sure you did.....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ghengishahn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have not taken the plunge on the Gilmour Foamaster....but have used a low cost alternative. I have used one of those lawn sprayers that attaches to a hose. I can dial the amount of solution. While it is likely not as good as Gilmour, it does I think do a pretty decent job of foaming foaming the vehicle.

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I picked up an alternate to a "foam" gun and need to see if it will work. If it does, I'll post pics of the foam created and the gun. I picked it up about a month ago and need to get some nice weather to try it out. If it works, $12 foam gun.:headbang:

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree with the Junk, Adam's Car Wash Shampoo foams the snot out of my cars.

ViperJon: make sure you make the Junkman Clinic in Doylestown next month. He'll show you first hand how to use the foam gun.

You must be registered for see images

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got the Adams ordered! Do not tell my wife! Thankfully when she bought all the meguiars I had just bought meguiars stock!