Gingerman Track Day

viper77

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ron & Mike: Had a great time at the track !!!!!!!! Ron, you did a GREAT job! Well organize. Lots of track time for first timer.
Mike, thanks for the help and the goodies. Will defiantly go again (after I gets some tires, now Steve I will have gone through 3 sets of rears.)
See you at Chelsea!
Thanks again.
Frank
:drive: :D :usa: :drive:

bloose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Agreed, great event Ron and Mike. Thanks for all the effort to set it up and run it.
I took quite a few pictures (of the green, yellow and red groups). I'll post them shortly.

Oh yeah, Hi COPMGNT, Leslie, and Ken.

Last edited:

Carmaker

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ron and Mike thanks for the hard work to put this event on. It was great. Plenty of track time. Definitely will sign up for the next time at Gingerman.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know Mike. Too far away. You would have had a great time. But, alas, I cannot make it any closer.

RayC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank You to all who helped organize Gingerman. This was my first track event and I had a blast!!! Anyone who has not yet done one of these with their car is missing out on a great experience. Brian, thanks for posting your pics. ---------------------------------------Ray 2006 VCA coupe

Last edited:

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A good time was had by all. All shiny sides were still up at the end of the day. Some tires weren't as round as they started :omg: Great job by Ron and Mike! I hope this will encourage more of the club to give the track a try. Great fun and only a short little ride from Detroit.

Steve

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's more pics. Thanks again Ron for all you did to make this event a very safe and fun track day. There were some absolutely beautiful Vipers there and I couldn't believe all the track time we got! I was also glad everyone was kewl about me driving my Z06 and they didn't clobber me :lmao:

gingerman_june_2007_020.jpg

gingerman_june_2007_017.jpg

gingerman_june_2007_001.jpg

gingerman_june_2007_008.jpg

gingerman_june_2007_023.jpg

Last edited:

GTSR13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
awesome pics guys!! thanx again for all the work u did ron. I definitely think this should be an annual event.:2tu:

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some pictures from Gingerman.

Starting with arrivals and getting things ready. Note GT2 in the background. Gotta appreciate the desire to try out a such a beauty on the track. Oh, and my little girl is getting ready for a warm day in the sun as well.

100_3717.jpg

Almost everyone is in the drivers meeting.
100_3718.jpg

Cars lined up for a parade/warm-up lap and receiving a visual once over by yours truly.
100_3720.jpg

Darn there were a lot of cars. Whew!
100_3721.jpg

Finally some time to try to get ready myself. With my helper on the ready. Note I could not get the darn center caps off when cold. Needed to do a few laps to warm them up to remove them.
100_3723.jpg

Where is everyone???
100_3724.jpg

Yee Ha. Finally!
100_3728.jpg

Believe this. Even passing on the pit road approach. Got the fever!
100_3730.jpg

On the way out on the track.
100_3731.jpg

Ok. The flagman remembers me from last year. Or he thinks Doug is approaching again. Just can't be too ready.
100_3732.jpg

And last, just how low can the splitter be and not hit. Well I found out. Picked up some road debris along the way also.
100_3733.jpg

Last edited:

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great pictures! Brian, you've embarrassed me and my cheap-ass camera. Nice pro shots from Dan Sheehan, too. There are larger pics in my gallery. Sorry, they are mostly my car. No good action shots but Suki got plenty of pictures of the sky, ground, trees...:D Hey, Leslie, hope all ended well with your car on the way home. Great meeting all of you and appreciate all the help with my smoke issues!

Here's Leslie's twins...
100_3422.JPG

100_3423.JPG

100_3425.JPG

Are my Eradispeed rotor's on backwards???
100_3426.JPG

Brian's ACR, my non-identical twin...
100_3428.JPG

Glad I didn't know about the trackside rollbar install. Probably would have spent way more money than I should have!
100_3429.JPG

100_3437.JPG

Everyone's favorite car it seems...
100_3460.JPG

100_3430.JPG

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, Leslie, hope all ended well with your car on the way home.

VERY nice of you to stop on the hwy when you saw me broken down!:2tu:

Turned out my fuel line broke loose, car died on the hwy driving home from the track, fuel everywhere:rolaugh: If we could have lifted the car we could have snapped it back on, must have been something on the highway that caused it to come apart...?

Ken Mascia

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here's more pics. Thanks again Ron for all you did to make this event a very safe and fun track day. There were some absolutely beautiful Vipers there and I couldn't believe all the track time we got! I was also glad everyone was kewl about me driving my Z06 and they didn't clobber me :lmao:

Hi Leslie!
Thanks for taking me around the track and showing me how it's really done. You are one helluva driver and your tips and instruction were greatly appreciated!!

Ken & Kathy Mascia (GTSR)

Last edited:

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey Ken! thank YOU for letting me ride shotgun in your awsome machine:D

I hope to be up there again in Aug with the IL club

GTSR13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hey brian - if u have a chance i'd like a jumbos size copy of #'s 13 and 19. thanx - tony

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is the Illinois club I believe. If we get enough participation we may be able to do multiple track days. But for this year and probably next year I expect only one. But that is much better than none (last years count).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave