Going at it with a MURCIELAGO this week

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1bad gts:
A friend of mine just picked up a FLY YELLOW MURCIELAGO.I am supposed to meet him Sat morning at 8 AM at the Starbucks in Shrewsbury NJ for what promises to be one hell of a run .Anyone want to join me ,let me know.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ANYTIME!!!! I'll bring the camera so we can sell PIC's for people on the forum
laugh.gif

V10TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
post the outcome, and video if possible. The lambo is supposed to trap in the 120-122 mph, althoug I suspect from a roll it might do better than what those numbers seem to tell.
Either way my money is on your Viper..

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1bad gts,

Aren't there any 1/4 mile tracks nearby?
Then it's safe, and legal. Plus someone in the crowd would be bound to videotape such a cool race.
supergrin.gif

-Dean.

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont think youll have any problem with the murcielago. i was hoping for a more evenly matched test. get as many picks and videos as you can, and be safe!

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the murcielago is awesome. i have heard from a little birdie that before the baby lambo comes out, there will be a murcielago sv introduced, dont know of the specifics yet, but have heard more power, 4-500pds less weight and 2 wheel drive only.

You must be registered for see images

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please oh please make sure you ONLY race at the track. Keep it there. Please don't endager us all.... Illegal street racing is..well... illegal and CAN carry a prison sentence and turn you into a criminal. So keep it safe and keep it at the track..

<FONT size="6">NOT!!!</FONT s>

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1badgts, i didnt realize you guys were going to run that fast? where are you going to do this? your viper will be no slouch on the top end either. i have a 0-150mph time for the murcielago of 19.3 seconds. do you think i can convince your friend to put a exhaust on his car so that you dont beat him that badly?
laugh.gif

on a run for top end i think it will be closer but i think you will have generated such a huge lead by then that he wont be able to catch up in time.

is the guy a good driver? man wish i could be there!

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1bad gts:
PS the guy with the Lambo family owns over 25 car dealerships in the tri-state area .It was one of the first in the country (he has had it for a few months ).Even being in the business he still paid WAY over the sticker to be one of the first.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm surprised he had to pay over sticker.

I was talking to a Lambo dealer in March and I was offered the car at sticker with a 4-5 week lead time.

Hmmm..... have to check the ol' bank balance
smile.gif

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A couple weeks ago I saw a fly yellow Murcielago driving the other way when I was driving my Viper and waved to him, and he smiled and waved back.

It would be great to see/hear how the Lambo does against the Viper.

Pictures would be great, video would be better!

-Dean.

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
? for 1bad gts

Was that your buddy Evan in National Dragster last week?

Just wondering.

Reaction score
At the Car & Driver Supercar Challenge we participated in in May with our Lethal 750 Viper, a Murcielago was supposed to show up but didn't because it blew the clutch. (It's supposedly a $4k job!)
I was bummed, because I really wanted to see one run as it should be run--hard! I've only seen them stationary in parking lots. Would've been neat to see how our Lethal 750 package stacks up against a $275k Lambo!

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blown clutch... brand new... One reason I'll never get one. After 2 years, all Maint. is yours..... Ever price out Maint. on one of these......lol

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1st of all, if the car was going to the supercarchallange, how do you know what kind of driving has been done on the car? any car, including the viper could blow its clutch very quickly if its being abused. how do you know the car was brand new? theyve been here since last october.

again not to preach,i'm on my 3rd lambo, all have been predominantly daily drivers, no oil leaks, no clutch problems. oldest was my countach, 70,000k, original clutch, motor never been out, just oil changes and valve adjustments.

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JG:
The Murcielago is awesome.....

Don't drive cars like this if you don't want your face on the internet
supergrin.gif
......note: I didn't take these photos.

You must be registered for see images

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I posted about this car a few months ago when I saw it on the highway near Detroit. The car you posted has the exact same license plate as the Lambo I saw and so did the one in the post from a few months back that was lifted from a magazine article. The only reason I remember the plate number is that at first glance I thought it was a personalized plate that stood for 7782 cc and twin turbo or something and it was also from Massachussetts.

The car is a test car for the various car magazines around the country and the guy sitting in the Lambo in the picture most likely works for one of the car magazines. I tell you it was pretty cool to see it in person on the street. Sounded awesome as the guy driving it let traffic clear every now and again to punch it. It was kinof drizzling at the time I saw this Lambo and I thought what Lambo owner would be crazy enough to drive their brand new Lambo in the rain. Then when I read the post on the Viper board a few days later and saw the license plate it all made sense. Too bad I was in my truck and not in the Viper. It was pretty rare for the car to be seen by me as there were only about 30-40 of them in the U.S. at the time I saw it, and I really don't think people who did own them drove them around much. Awesome car. Although I really loved the look of the Countach the best and have not liked the looks of the Diablo or the Murcielago as much as I did the Countach it is still one sweet car.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1 bad GTS,
I don't know about taking the lambo at e-town.Think about it.Your most likely to win because of what you said earlier about the clutch.From what i've seen Lambos get of the line late(of course it could be the driver that just ***** at shifting)I was gonna try and come up with some roads to floor it but I don't think you would wanna try here.Route 1 in Woodbridge was a good idea(i've seen some vipers over there)but I asked dad and he said that is congested too.If nothing works try a "runing" 1/4 mile on a freeway or parkway.
from,
Ron

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so you think you screwed up the date.Once you get past East Burnswick and Old Bridge there's a few spots.I can see that route 1 can be the worst spot.Now if you really wanna race on the street without losing your license go by a copy of Need for Speed Hot Prusuit 2!!!
supergrin.gif

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960