Going ******* in the winter

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course you folks down south don't have such issues, but in the midwest and north the days are very few and far between. And we are talking convertibles, thank you very much. :D Anyway, we took Ol' Yeller out yesterday with a balmy 64 degrees here in Kansas City. Took some of our favorite summer backroads and found that one particular 10-mile stretch of road was freshly paved and zero traffic. Not bad for New Years Eve!

http://gallery.viperclub.org/data/563/*******.jpg

Even more amusing was that as we got back home a few hours later and were pulling into our neighborhood, we logged a nice milestone on the car:

25k.jpg

Now back down to the 30's and lower 40's, but still a nice way to wrap up 2011.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You lucky dog you. Have not had my car out since the beginning of November. Salt on the roads here now. :( March is only three months away.... Congrats on the 25k:clap2:

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok even though I figured the thread title was about driving with the top down you still suckered me in. I was hoping for something else. Anyway nice way to bring in the New Year.

F

FrgMstr

Out today and Friday here in North Texas. Temp was about 68F and very sunny skies.

DaDood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yesterday was the first day in months I drove the car without the top up. It was awesome! Reminded me why I went with the vert in the first place. Now back to reality and highs only in the 30's or low 40's.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've had my 03 out every weekend for weeks, just being VERY careful with the cold tires. Could have had the top down on Saturday, but was too lazy.

Forecase here in Chester County PA for this coming Saturday is 50 - so she'll probably come out!

Nice mileage milestone, I have about 2000 more than you.

JoelW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
58 degrees and partly cloudy in Tennessee yesterday. Had a 100 mile cruise with the top down. What better way to bring in the new year? But it is 35 today, no top down for me.

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How did you keep YellO so clean (even though no bugs in the winter!) ?

Thats cool to get a pic of that exact milestone miles, I do the same :D wait for the moment several hundred miles countdown.

I never thought I wanted a vert until I drove one! Thought bikes were about being 'in' the weather, now with 8.3L V10 in car heater hotness, who needs a roof?

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice! :nana:

I am with Bob. Car has been sleeping since end of October!

Glad to see yours is still out and making cool photo shoots! Keeps us NE people alive to see pics like this!

PS The Canadian vipers must be faster. Our speedos go higher! :rolaugh::lmao:

:D

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, you mean that mph-vs-kph thing?
Yeah they tried that decades ago here in the states but it only lasted about a week. We caught on. :smirk: :usa:
Our northern neighbors haven't caught on yet ... they still think their cars are going really, really fast! :lmao: :stick:

msp282

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i am in harrisburg and drive mine to work whenever... i have it today... i think this morning it was under 30 and i still hit 135.... i have ACR so it has sport cups instead of the run flats...not sure which are worse in cold weather???

I've had my 03 out every weekend for weeks, just being VERY careful with the cold tires. Could have had the top down on Saturday, but was too lazy.

Forecase here in Chester County PA for this coming Saturday is 50 - so she'll probably come out!

Nice mileage milestone, I have about 2000 more than you.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i am in harrisburg and drive mine to work whenever... i have it today... i think this morning it was under 30 and i still hit 135.... i have ACR so it has sport cups instead of the run flats...not sure which are worse in cold weather???

I have PS2s on my 03, NOT the original runflats!

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great picture! I have the same car! I have #49 of #50. If I recall correctly you have #50 of #50? Good to see a fellow brother driving with the top down frequently. I drive mine with the top down all the time in the summertime. Miss those days!

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oops.......talking convertibles.......I was looking for Mary:eater:. BTW...got the wipers and the GEN V tranny is going in this week.