"Gone To The Races".... Dodge Viper Cup Sebring

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
For those trying to track me down, I'll be hard to find unless you are at SEBRING Fla for the 2011 Inaugural Dodge Viper Cup races... back in the office MONDAY 5/16.

We made the inaugural last year at VIR, and hope to see some Fla Folks this weekend.

The Back Seat of the NARRA Challenger R/T PACE CAR is up for bid for Official Pace Car rides on the out-formation lap of the Cup Races. Bring Your camera,
Whoever wins the POLE will be grinning right back at you, up CLOSE !

Best seat in the house. Winning bidder and their guest gets a ride.....

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
J

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I CANT EVEN READ A CALENDAR !!!

Back in office today, 5/16, after a great NARRA weekend at Sebring

Reaction score
Jon,

I was told the weekend for the racers was a horrible experiance because NARRA basically over booked the track with other clubs and the Viper Cup guys got hosed because of it. True?

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sat. sucked due to the accident before the first turn. Took a long time to repair the wall and thus basically had a 1 lap sprint race.

The restart on the Sun. race was also ridiculous.

OP
OP
J

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
As with some races last year, NARRA and PBOC are Co-Sanctioners of the weekend. Sebring would have been unaffordable otherwise. So from 830a-5pm was NOT all NARRA's time.

PBOC and NARRA groups get blocks of time. Those who registered got all the event blocks they were promised and expected. But when that FRIGHTENING accident in adverse weather needed 20+ minutes of time in a 30 minute race, NARRA had no other time to buy. And yet PBOC 'donated' 15 minutes to NARRA to even run a GREEN/WHITE - Checker sprint race.

Matt's "Oh Sheet!" vid of that wreck:

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/645426-ACR-X-crash-Sebing-(vid)?highlight=NARRA%2C+Dodge+Viper+Cup

Some sanctions would checker the event, and use qualifying times....at least the event entered the books as 4 laps. My Pace Car led two of those,,,,, too bad. SUNDAY was a full-blown barnburner.

NARRA was NOT the only group whose sessions were cut short... FOUR of the practices and Quals were also incident-shortened for non-NARRA slots.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456