Good Motor Oil Read

Reaction score
Yeah, good info. I went to a Gibb's seminar put on by Lake Speed Jr. a while back. It was very informative, and we all got some bonus info. He was inclined to answer just about any question, and we did get specific knowing that he is deep in the Cup scene. :D

Tom's posts here are required reading, and also SAE's Lubrication Handbook is good too. Tom turned me onto it.

Oiling systems are something that fascinate me. I have an engine builder buddy that attended the ADRL race last weekend here in Houston. Those cars don't have a minimum weight, they weight what they weigh. Everyone tries to get as light as possible, so some of them have reverted back to wet sump oiling systems because they weigh less than a dry sump system. The cars only go 1/8 mile, so the engine never pumps the pan dry. 0 weight oil, so it drains back to the pan quickly.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are no opinions on oil here, it's whatever Tom says it is.

OP
OP
D

dipapa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah well maybe lay out an oil selection for each different Viper motor build, the cars application, the environment and frequency of change intervals....that will take the selection down to XYZ....sounds like another spreadsheet!

I have enjoyed reading Toms oil tech posts...who doesn't

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62