Grand America Hotel

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Chris, Mary, Lee, Bobby, and Marv,

Thanks to all the VCA Officers for getting such a killer rate at what has to be the nicest ( or should I say Grandest ) Hotel we as Viper owners have ever stayed at. Unbelievably gorgeous place with superb service, phenomenal rooms ( a suite for $209??!! ), great meeting rooms, and fantastic location. I have been to only 6 VOIs , so not as many as some, but I would rank this place over the Venetian, the Gaylord Opryland, or the Gaylord in Dallas. Of course the special rate for such a superb place didn't hurt. Thanks for some great negotiating and gonna miss those chocolates on my pillows, ha.:headbang:

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Grand American Hotel

+1. Those were amazing accommodations for the price. The rooms were nice, the beds were comfy. Coming "home" to music playing, bed turned down and chocolate on the pillow was a nice touch. I'm still assembling my video of the event, which will include a quick walk through of our room. We got a free upgrade to an Executive Suite, and it was very nice.

Is it 2012 yet? (I know Chris and Mary both had seizures just now). :D :D :D

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I loved the venue as well. Great place. We didn't get any chocolates on our pillows though. :( Probably due to the fact we never had them turn down the bed in the afternoon. Unless my wife was eating the chocolates and just not telling me. Oh yea.....is it 2012 yet??? :)

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I will have to say the Little America was very good also. They know how to prepare their food with taste, roomservice was excellent..

As hard as I had to save up for this event we got more than I could ever expect. From the SRT techs to Chris, Mary and Bobby, everyone was there to have and provide for each other the best time possible on the same level which at times was not easy to get used to but still so much fun!

I would discredit people by leaving out names so I am just going to say, from the bottom of my heart... THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the memories we all made together.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ok one name needs a special mention... Jimmy from the NY/CT region who took me to all these interesting places and restaurants before heading to SLC and back to CT after that. I'm gonna have to think of a nice Christmas present because he would only have me pay for some of the gas stops, a couple of lunches and a lobster dinner!

Here's to Jimmy :2tu:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The Grand America had the cutest bartender I think I've possibly ever seen. Its a wonder I didn't turn into a raging alcoholic just to see her more often :lmao: And yes, the rooms and everything else about the hotel was very nice as well :D This was my 1st VOI and definitely won't be my last! Thanks to everyone who made this VOI such a huge success! I'll be home from out west in a couple days and will get some of my pics posted. Thanks VCA (kinda like Willem, I dont wanna name names and forget someone)!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

At past VOIs, 'seperate hotels' were a reason to gripe. NOT SO this time....it felt as tho the hotels were one. $99 or $129 for garden rooms / mini-suites at Little America were a great value, and got the same robes, turndown and chocolates in the $129 minis. And the Dodge folks stayed at Little Am too, so the SRT encounters were a bonus. For $6/ day we got VIP Up-Front parking, or 30-steps to their garage. I went to the underground main Snake Pit garage for spectating only. {The catless fumes there were eye-watering.)

To a person, the hotel staff was tops. Well-chosen venue.

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree the Hotel Grand America and Hall was top notch (5 Diamond Rated). The Hotel was great for me as a Vendor in accomdating access and hours needed to prep my booth for the Viper Nation, my room was phenominal with it's living room office (great for meetings) & full marble washroom with 2 A.M. room service to the Valet / Concierge handling all of our Viper needs (THE SNAKE PIT):usa:

The Main Ball Room was perfect in accomodating our dinners, VCA & Chrysler's Presentations. Ooh yeah the bar editcate was interesting but good (Those who were there know what I'm saying, Utah Law).

The Little America was perfect for the easy access and the restaurant.

What a great place for the Viper Nation to come together and meet eachother & make good friends. Good job Chris/Mary Marshall & crew.

Toddy

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well - all these accolades for the hotel..... For the record, I had a MAJOR problem with Grand America.

I couldn't get my wife out of the room she loved it so much!

I've had the pleasure of staying at some fine hotels but this just might be the nicest. And the price! Fantastic!

Greg

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speaking about MAJOR things... I sense a MAJOR home remodel in your future now that you have succeeded in prying your wife's fingers from the door handle of your hotel room :lmao:Probably went something like this:

"Honey there are only two ways you are getting me out of here: over my cold dead body or you're facing a major remodel of our home and I am NOT paying for it!!"

Well - all these accolades for the hotel..... For the record, I had a MAJOR problem with Grand America.

I couldn't get my wife out of the room she loved it so much!

I've had the pleasure of staying at some fine hotels but this just might be the nicest. And the price! Fantastic!

Greg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets